Can you make all bosses immune to air combo?

Kozuki

Seriously, the number of people doing air combo by accident (and even extend it) is hair-pulling. Many classes lose considerably amount of DPS when an air combo happens. Even some ranged classes suffer, like a Fire Gunner deal zero DPS if he enters Tombstone and someone decides to air combo the boss, or Earth Summoner can only deal pitiful DPS cuz their main skill does not hit air-target.

To make it worse, Summoner cannot even disable their air-launch skill cuz NCSoft wants that. They CAN pre-awk patch, but now they cannot without abusing xml edit. When a Summoner attempts to Knockdown, but someone makes a Daze or Stun, they misclick it into air combo, cuz NCSoft thinks it brilliant to have air-launch the same button with knockdown.

There are only two bosses of which mech needs air combo: Rocnar in Naryu Foundry, and the Generals Moyun and Shunan in Skybreak Spire. Rocnar is a joke already, assuming someone still run Naryu Foundry, and his mech doesn't even wipe. The two Generals can be DPS to death and ignore all mech. So I dare to say even with making all boss immune to air combo, nothing will get affected.

Also, there is another case where air combo makes thing even worse than just losing DPS. Hive Queen whose get knockdown, but air-launch by some classes that can air-launch knockdowned target, will not do her mech dash, thus may wipe if the lazer is too close. Nowadays, people can just all stun her to death, but if some parties still need to knockdown her, then air-launch may cause some unnecessary wipes.

• Like 1

I have most of mine on my BD turned off. The only one I have on is the one that forces the enemy down again. Though that's because there's also a limit on how many skills one can disable. I'll have to check on my other characters, but at least I agree with OP on most boss situations. More important when there's a low dps party on a tight enrage timer...

On 5/5/2019 at 5:20 PM, Wolfengel said:

If the Player want it, you can disable those air combo skills.

I do that when I run VT with my BD and we are ^^ visitor ^^ the hive queen.

The thing is:

-Some players are lazy to disable it.

-New players don't know about disabling skills.

-Some classes cannot even disable their air combo, like Summoner. And they can misclick the skills due to "SMART" button assignment by NCSoft.

And what is the purpose of air combo in PvE anyway?

-For mech: like I said, only two bosses in this game ever needs air combo, and they are too old of contents that you don't even need to execute air combo for mech anymore.

-For... nothing else.

So, instead of relying on players being smart or not forgetful, better to just disable the whole air-combo thing in PvE. Why keeping an annoying function for no purpose?

Il y a 6 heures, Kozuki a dit :

The thing is:

-Some players are lazy to disable it.

-New players don't know about disabling skills.

-Some classes cannot even disable their air combo, like Summoner. And they can misclick the skills due to "SMART" button assignment by NCSoft.

And what is the purpose of air combo in PvE anyway?

-For mech: like I said, only two bosses in this game ever needs air combo, and they are too old of contents that you don't even need to execute air combo for mech anymore.

-For... nothing else.

So, instead of relying on players being smart or not forgetful, better to just disable the whole air-combo thing in PvE. Why keeping an annoying function for no purpose?

Le 05/05/2019 à 12:20, Wolfengel a dit :

If the Player want it, you can disable those air combo skills.

I do that when I run VT with my BD and we are ^^ visitor ^^ the hive queen.

Guys, are you aware that for example summoners can not  disable aerials ? 

2 hours ago, NekoNoKishi said:

Guys, are you aware that for example summoners can not  disable aerials ?

Well, the only skill reference I have is from before awakening patch, where it was indeed disable-able. So if they changed something after that, no, I'm not, please explain.

You want to take away a feature that makes you look like a badass sending up a huge monster up in the air, only to pummel them to the ground, so you could farm faster?

Yikes, and ouch. I don't know whether to agree with you on this or not.

36 minutes ago, Snowyamur said:

You want to take away a feature that makes you look like a badass sending up a huge monster up in the air, only to pummel them to the ground, so you could farm faster?

Yikes, and ouch. I don't know whether to agree with you on this or not.

As I explained before, it causes wipes if the party's dps is low enough that you need every second of that dps. Seen a few CS runs where constant air comboing caused the enrage timer to go past the party dps, causing such a wipe. Most cases it's usually a newbie out of story mode who doesn't know the implications. I have explained it to some mid dungeon and they try to correct themselves.  But in some cases, some people can troll with this to intentionally cause that wipe and waste everyone's time. So yeah, while it LOOKS awesome, the fact that it lowers dps by a lot and that it can be and HAS been used to troll is reason for at least a review of the practice.

Another option would be to keep the invisible collision detector of the boss in the ground so people can still dps it while the air animation runs. Still, the skills do so poor damage by themselves that they lower the dps of even the one performing them. Either way, some coding from Korea will be needed if we get to "fix" this.

51 minutes ago, Nivalias said:

Well, the only skill reference I have is from before awakening patch, where it was indeed disable-able. So if they changed something after that, no, I'm not, please explain.

Post awakening, quite a few skills from quite a few classes were changed in heavy ways. So while each class spec can do new things now, some old things they could do were removed as well.

On 12.5.2019 at 12:11 PM, Hanuku said:

Post awakening, quite a few skills from quite a few classes were changed in heavy ways. So while each class spec can do new things now, some old things they could do were removed as well.

Yeah, I'm aware of that much already, but what does this have to do with summoners not being able to spec out aerials?

1 minute ago, Nivalias said:

Yeah, I'm aware of that much already, but what does this have to do with summoners not being able to spec out aerials?

I don't have the list of what was before and what we have now in terms of changes to skills, but the current problem with summoners is most likely caused by those changes. Perhaps the devs overlooked it or there was something else that made them reach the decision to keep those non editable on that specific class. The current setup seems kind of unfair in that sense, since other classes can remove those skills from their line ups. Though I don't know if there's another class in the same boat as summoners.