Money making suggestion

Cosmetic Money Making Suggestion:

STEP 1)

B&S has a lot of outfits. They look real good too! If you count outfits, adornments, head adornments, face adornments, weapons and pets, B&S has literally thousands of cosmetics, but if you look at the Hongmoon Store, they are selling the same set of cosmetics they have been selling since launch day. Only about 3-4 of those cosmetics actually cycle out. It is pathetic. If you consider the amount of cosmetics B&S has to offer compared to the amount they are offering at any one time, it is less than 5%, AND 90% of that 5% doesn't cycle in terms of what is being offered. They are just sitting on 95% of their cosmetics that they could be selling.

I suggest dividing all of the cosmetics up into 4 equal quarters and offering 25% of B&S's stash for 3 months at a time for each business quarter. If you play B&S for a year, you will have an opportunity to buy any outfit in the game minus a few outfits here and there in case they want to make them quest reward only or some such exclusivity type of restriction. If the offering period is 3 months long, there is almost no excuse for missing the opportunity to buy unless you just quit the game for a while. Right now, if something goes on sale for 1 day you might miss it. Sure you could say, "We offer stuff for 1 day flash sales because we want people to log in every day to check." Well that is great, but if the person missed the sale, NCsoft lost the sale. That is less money for NCsoft. It is worth more money to you to offer the sale for longer. Sell everything one piece at a time instead of in packages.

Outfit = 800 NCoin / Hongmoon Coin = $10.

Adornment, Head Adornment, Face Adornment = 400 NCoin/Hongmoon Coin = $5.

Weapon = 640 NCoin / Hongmoon Coin = $8

Pet = 560 NCoin / Hongmoon Coin = $7

SELL THEM! Get rich boy!

STEP 2)

The tailor shop is real neat. Go back and put developmental time and effort into making all the Outfits, Adornments, Head Adornments. Face adornments, Weapons, and Pets alterable via the tailor shop (DO A GOOD JOB!) and then sell the stuff needed to do it for NCoin / Hongmoon Coin. More money.

You can call it "fabric" or "tailoring thread" or whatever you want. No one really cares. Let's say the cost of the materials to alter something works something like this:

400 NCoin / Hongmoon Coin = $5 to alter an outfit.

240 NCoin / Hongmoon Coin = $3 to alter an Adornment, Head Adornment, Face adornment

320 NCoin / Hongmoon Coin = $4 to alter a Weapon

320 NCoin / Hongmoon Coin = $4 to alter a Pet

STEP 3)

What if you have an outfit that you see a LOT of possibility for? You would like to pay $5 to alter its look, but you want it to be able to look 4 different ways. Clearly you aren't going to pay $5 to alter it back and forth every single time! Since the Showroom only houses 1 copy of each outfit, add an additional functionality to the Tailor Shop that lets people switch between any color / look / outfit combination they have previously bought for an outfit including the original / default look as often as they want freely. This will encourage people to pay to alter each outfit multiple times to look like multiple different outfits! Maybe you pay some minimal amount of money every time you want to add another tab / look to an outfit so you can switch back and forth as much as you want like $1-2. How many tabs do you want for this outfit? 4? No problem! More money.

STEP 4)

Make the Showroom account wide so that any character on your account can wear any outfit you have. This will encourage people to buy more outfits because any character they have can wear the outfit without having to pay to swap it back and forth. People like the concept of, "I buy it one time, and I have it. I don't have to buy it again or pay to transfer every time. Convenience!" It is ok to nickle and dime people, but be careful so that it doesn't FEEL like they are being nickle and dimed. For people who bought the same outfit multiple times, let them salvage the extra outfits for the equal Hongmoon Coin value in materials to alter other outfits' colors / looks. That last part is important, otherwise they would feel cheated. That loses customers.

STEP 5)

Make more outfits. Only good ideas though. Don't force an outfit out just because the schedule says it is time to release another outfit. Just look at anime and video games, and whatever else is popular for inspiration though. Remember the 2B outfit NCsoft put into B&S (Urband Legend)? Copy the outfits and put them in. People like familiarity. Let us dress like our favorite characters. Change a few details or colors that no one cares about if you have to for copyright purposes. Then we can change the colors back when we alter the outfits. More money. Don't tell me you've run out of ideas. Just for one quick example, the color and bat pattern for an outfit like this is already in the Tailor Shop. Eh? Eh?

tvc-morrigan-aensland_zpsrfzgnxzv.jpg

STEP 6)

Sell all the hair styles as head adornments. The default color is whatever your character's hair color is. Now that the hair is a head adornment you can alter it. That means you can buy multiple tabs for that same hair style piece as described in STEP 3), and change your hair color back and forth as much as you want without having to pay for a character alteration voucher every single time you just want to do something as simple as comb your hair differently or dye it. More money.

STEP 7)

Offer more customization in the tailor shop. We need to be able to put patterns on everything. If you have to, chop the outfit up into more than just the 4 categories - Main, Secondary, Detail, and Accessory. Some outfits might not have all the sections. So what? Some outfits are more complex than others. It is ok. More options means more people will be able to do what they want with the outfit, and therefore, be willing to spend the money to alter it. If they can't alter it the way they were hoping, they won't spend the money. More money!

STEP 8)

If you do all this, B&S itself will look better by comparison because people will be walking around in fantastic looking finery. Let's be honest, the prettier a game looks, the better it sells. That clearly isn't the only thing that matters, but it certainly helps! New players will look at B&S and say, "Wow! Look at all those great looking outfits! Everyone looks amazing ... except for that one guy who made himself look like Porky Pig in a mascot costume... I want an outfit like that other person over there though!" Then they will come play. The game will also retain players longer if the players like how their character looks. More player retention and more new players who will then buy more outfits means even more money! The best part is that it is all cosmetic, not power, so it is fine to charge for it, and people won't complain... as much. Hehe!

Edited by NorbertTheOpinionated
  • Like 2

Beautiful morrigan picture.

Also they could improve Lyn male outfits. They just made the same as female but with bit of change, however they didn't work too much on it, specially the heels that i tlooks like you're using heels but without having them in almost every outfit and aswell the legs that look like they're nude in most outfits.

Edited by pingal1ty

Well, a lot of the outfits in the showroom (and I'd say, a disproportionate lot) are not meant for F10. Many come from RNG boxes and one time events. Others from the game itself (dungeons/etc). Still, they CAN rotate out what they have nearly permanently stuck in the shop, and maybe offer them as part of the daily specials so it doesn't look like it has only p2w materials most of the time. I know some outfits are sometimes sold there, but adding a spot ONLY for outfits, or at least upping the frequency outfits show there, would be a step in the right direction to please us non whales who are only cosmetic maniacs.

Another tip, which they have already been doing. Sell recolors of some of those one time outfits. Perhaps not the super special ones, but maybe for stuff given for free at certain game patches (like Secret Keeper). Those who got it at the event keep the original color, and those who couldn't have the option to get a recolored version. I've seen this done already with some outfits like the year one subscription black/grey outfit and the cowboy NA founder outfit among others.

Lastly, as I've been suggesting and wishing for awhile, release the NPC outfits more often (lycandi, Yunwa, Yeharan and all the others). I have been wishing to get those for such a long time already. But apparently they showed up when I wasn't around. Also include the dragon trader outfits as they are also nice to wear and all races and genders already have them in game. So it's just a matter of giving it a name, an icon, and set it for sale... perhaps at the very dragon trader window?

3 hours ago, pingal1ty said:

Beautiful morrigan picture.

Also they could improve Lyn male outfits. They just made the same as female but with bit of change, however they didn't work too much on it, specially the heels that i tlooks like you're using heels but without having them in almost every outfit and aswell the legs that look like they're nude in most outfits.

Lyn actually have pseudo animal legs. That's why they look like floating high heels. They are just weird shaped digitigrade paws. As for their bodies, since male and female lyn have the same polygon body base and virtual skeleton, their outfits were made similar or exactly the same for both genders. They could use some more variations, though.

Beautiful ideas, love them all

Also it would very very nice if we could also name our pets.

I name mine but of course I can't have it showing anywhere yet because that isnt allowed!

NC soft mentioned during the tailor shop release that changing outfits to be able to be customized is costing a lot of developer work, thats why they only do a few each time and only new ones. Gives would be great if all of them were customizable but honestly there are other priorities they should tend to and not cosmetics imo.

It wouldn't hurt to rotate the stock a little more often. I've seen Strange Allure, Chronicle, Howl at the Moon, Honor Guard and many more in the store for over a year now without ever being rotated out with different outfits. I already own a lot of these. 

While I appreciate that they do add a couple different 'limited time' outfits every few weeks, with literally hundreds to cycle through, it would still take years to get through them all. 

Simply rotating in/out a larger portion of the Hongmoon Store outfits can't be that labor intensive.

Another idea.

What if they added an Outfit Token in the store which you can use to pick any costume in the wardrobe. I am speaking only for the Hongmoon Store outfits that are in the wardrobe. Not all the other faction outfits or boss outfit drops.

Guild Wars 2 had (or possibly still has) this and it seems like a decent simple solution.

Even if the token was expensive, I'd still buy at least a few because there are some outfits I've been hoping to see in the store for a long long time now and they never show up.

Sorry to compare to GW2.

I agree with most of these ideas.  The only one I think should be different is Step 4.  While I do agree that access to outfits account wide would be nice, I'd rather if it wasn't limited to just outfits.  I mean, we finally after how many years got more storage (though it's behind premium wall) and it's about time too cause we've needed that for awhile.  But I wish they would add a tab to the vault that's account accessible.  I mean how freaking annoying is it to mail 3 items at a time between characters.  They could also add a tag to dungeon drop outfits where they can't be stored in the account wide tab of the vault (like they do with gear/gems and the secondary tab that's already there).  They could also create a unique currency to open the rows.  Players could salvage/transmute (whatever) outfit delivery stamps and unneeded dragon trade pouches(why these aren't account bound after so many years is also beyond me) for this new currency.  

7 hours ago, CorrosionWhite said:

I agree with most of these ideas.  The only one I think should be different is Step 4.  While I do agree that access to outfits account wide would be nice, I'd rather if it wasn't limited to just outfits.  I mean, we finally after how many years got more storage (though it's behind premium wall) and it's about time too cause we've needed that for awhile.  But I wish they would add a tab to the vault that's account accessible.  I mean how freaking annoying is it to mail 3 items at a time between characters.  They could also add a tag to dungeon drop outfits where they can't be stored in the account wide tab of the vault (like they do with gear/gems and the secondary tab that's already there).  They could also create a unique currency to open the rows.  Players could salvage/transmute (whatever) outfit delivery stamps and unneeded dragon trade pouches(why these aren't account bound after so many years is also beyond me) for this new currency.  

I saw a game long ago with a "creative" way to give people an account vault while still sort of limiting it. If I remember, their account vault could store some items for free, but others needed fees to store, while some other items were not allowed to put there. If NC loves their money grabbing and gold sink tactics so much, they could make an account vault in such a way. Of course, a free one like in a proper game would be the best thing. But here we have to think about corporate greed when submitting our ideas...