[Suggestion] Login Reward addition

luzt

Hey NCsoft and community,

While I'm satisfied with the current login rewards, together with daily dash and free trove everyday.

It doesn't really reward the loyal players, ones that sticked to the game for a long time.

The only thing that comes close are the bonus rewards from Trove and completing a round in the Daily Dash.

But those rewards take only like 10-20 days to reach and are pretty insignificant.

Looking at Warframe and also a bit at Guildwars 2, they have systems that reward loyal players and also incentivize less loyal players to login.

I didn't play Gw2 for a longtime, but it kept track of your characters age, Based on the character creation date you gained a present every time a year passed.

(Also kept track of how many hours you spend on every character which I think is interesting info)

In Warframe, you get a random crap reward everyday for login in (with the rare chance for a premium currency discount voucher) , but it keeps count of how many days you logged in.

And every time you reach a miles stone like 50,100,150 etc days logged in you get the chance to pick a good or exclusive item.

Since we already have some login rewards and I wanna keep those, I wouldnt give us more daily rewards with this addition, but I think the milestone concept is a very good one.

Rewards could be things like

For normal milestones:

choice out of 8 weapon skins (with an exclusive skin)

choice out of 8 pets (with an exlusive pet)

Choice out of 1 Hexagonal Garnet or Obsidian

For Major ones:

choice out of 8 outfits (with an exclusive option)

More gems (Garnets!)

Psyches - Radiance/Ascension Stones

Exclusive skill illusion

The rewards should scale too, the more days the better.

For example you could put in one of those "long term goal" Items for 500 days or something (Stormbringer cosmic/transcendence soul, 8 set TT, )

People would probably have some of those items by then, but still useful for alts.

I do think it should start at day 1 for everyone, old or new player, from the moment it would get implemented and you login.

Anyway let me know what you think and hopefully someone of NCsoft reads it too,

because I do think it would be beneficial to the longevity of the game and not too hard to add.

Thanks for reading o/

Edited by luzt
  • Like 2

Personally i would not add Garnets / Obsidians, also no Psyches. Those are content rewards, they shouldnt be given out for basically free.

costumes....i could see that being a good thing but not a choice out of 8. Reduce that to 4.

Definetely no gear rewards for  login milestones, would completely defeat the purpose of playing doesnt matter how high you set it. I think they could do it with upgrade materials.Give certain amount of crystals for upgrades and at the very major milestones like a empyrian stone or 1-2 transfrormation stones, or even better elements and legendary jewels since those are the most biggest bottleneck.

• Like 1

What the OP describes is basically a Monthly Login Stamp system, where it marks and rewards players who dutifully logs in for consecutive number of days.

In reality, this system is no stranger to BnS. In fact, some other regions have it running for a very long time, even in newer regions like Thailand/Vietnam. In those regions, sometimes they reward outfit as end-month reward.

For some reasons, NCWest refuses to implement this.

• Like 1

On 3/30/2019 at 9:22 AM, Kozuki said:

What the OP describes is basically a Monthly Login Stamp system, where it marks and rewards players who dutifully logs in for consecutive number of days.

In reality, this system is no stranger to BnS. In fact, some other regions have it running for a very long time, even in newer regions like Thailand/Vietnam. In those regions, sometimes they reward outfit as end-month reward.

For some reasons, NCWest refuses to implement this.

We had an outfit at the end of daily dash and people complained about it so....I am not surprised there is no outfits for login rewards tbh.

29 minutes ago, Grimoir said:

We had an outfit at the end of daily dash and people complained about it so....I am not surprised there is no outfits for login rewards tbh.

so once again..NC Soft are listening for lazy people. Tbh I prefer one round daily dash with outfit at the end instead current multirun version. Why? because in one round version you get all items. You get not reward you land on but all rewards in your path also. Current system doesn't help players a lot too...I mean...if you need brilliant key...or some cores..there are chances of you never landing on them and getting worthless rewards. One round version gives you everything ..even things left behind you. Also since it can be completed only once, I see no harm. 
Tbh NC Soft shouldn't listen for not so smart  people who don't like free outfits. Cool looking outfits for free? well...they give outfits via events, completing new story or as newsletter gift and everyone is fine with it..but as soon as outfit appears in daily dash, little kids starts to whine and NC Soft sadly obeys wishes of kids

On 29. 3. 2019 at 10:18 PM, Grimoir said:

Personally i would not add Garnets / Obsidians, also no Psyches. Those are content rewards, they shouldnt be given out for basically free.

Garnet has already been given for free in december jackpot event and it might come again in the jackpot event that starts next week.

A long term reward sounds good.

How about this:
Collect your days as counter. You can decide for yourself when you redeem them.
Trade 30 login days to get something small. (like trove with 5 keys, ...)(choose 1 of 5 items)
Or collect more days. With 60 days you get something better. With 90, 180, ..., 1 year. You can get always something better. Maybe later with 2 of 5 items, 3 of 10. After you choose to spend/trade them, it starts again from zero.

As Rewards (the usual):
- costumes, gem powder, gem tickets, leg. elements, 7 day premium, pets, sacred vial & oil, premium transformation stone, hongmoon master scroll, ...
And some special rewards you can get only there:
- special costume, animation effect, ...

Also good was the MxM login and xp system
30 days login, each day 1 item or gold. Without a missing day you got all 30 items. Play on 22 days and you got 22 items. You missed the last 8.
And it had a second 7 days in a row system. Missing 1 day and it started at zero again.

The xp/gold system had nice tasks. Daily, weekly, monthly. You could choose how to complete them. Collect daily xp from mobs, kill mobs, collect "x"-amount of gold, buy or trade something, play this or that dungeon, .... It was much better then the boring B&S daily/weekly with "run 3 dungeons everyday".

The daily dash end reward:
I complained about it in this old post too. And look what happened. Nothing. We have pouches again and again and again. You need weeks for 1 round and the only rng free field has pouches. Collect some peaches and you has them in 30min..
It's now 1 1/2 year with pouches. I gave up already that something will change. Be it the daily dash end reward or another login reward system. I mean, why should someone from ncsoft start now reading their own official forum and listen to the community? It never happened in the past 3 years, so...