Display achivement points next to name?

RavTH

Can we have that? It would be pretty cool to see who spend more time on their gear than money jk, but I would be cool overall to see people with their achivement points as now they are hidden and you can't show off with your 5k 7k or 8k achiv points as they are also useless but it would be a nice feature for community, no?

2 minutes ago, SkyStorm said:

Waste of resources. It costs $moolah to make changes to the game.

Not really. The team gets paid anyway so its either they sit around and do nothing or implement something. 

14 hours ago, Bleys said:

I would like to see gear score introduced since best soulshields  and accessories actually have less AP than the crappy ones.

AP is the least important stas of all available, you can put it on par with piercing in PVE. The reason old crappy ones(purple) give more ap, is to elevate the players who dont have legendaries to keep up.

Also i would say no to the achievement numbers, i mean bragging and all, but if i wanted a competition on whos is bigger i'd go on other sites for it.

16 hours ago, RavTH said:

I see no advantages and disadvantages with that. It would be same like "make hm level show" and it's shown but still nothing wrong with that.

If it's a toggle that we can choose to display, I'm fine with that. Otherwise no way. The more privacy the better.

Show people some sort of stats in the forum? Do you know how terrible of an idea this is? Do you know how elitist the B&S community is? You can't join a party unless you have at least X attack power? Have you seen other video game forums? If someone says so much as, "The earth is round," or, "The sky is blue," or "Trees are green," you have people coming in saying, "NO! You are wrong because your gear, AP, item level, gamer score, achievement level, or some other metric isn't up to my arbitrary standard! Your opinion doesn't count and is automatically wrong if I disagree with you because I am better than you at that arbitrary metric despite the fact that has NOTHING to do with the point!"

Then someone else could come in with an even higher arbitrary score than that guy, and say, "No, actually the first guy is right." That trumps the other guy because this new guy has an even higher gamer score, so whoever has the highest of this arbitrary metric gets to just dictate truth, and everyone nods. To make things even more absurd, since this is Blade and Soul, that person would likely be someone who has just swiped their credit card for literally multiple thousands of dollars for a VIDEO GAME, and doesn't actually understand the perspective of people who don't do that, yet they are regarded as the "expert." Elitists love things they can count and compare.

You think that is absurd? No, no. That is exactly what happens.

5 hours ago, NorbertTheOpinionated said:

Show people some sort of stats in the forum? Do you know how terrible of an idea this is? Do you know how elitist the B&S community is? You can't join a party unless you have at least X attack power? Have you seen other video game forums? If someone says so much as, "The earth is round," or, "The sky is blue," or "Trees are green," you have people coming in saying, "NO! You are wrong because your gear, AP, item level, gamer score, achievement level, or some other metric isn't up to my arbitrary standard! Your opinion doesn't count and is automatically wrong if I disagree with you because I am better than you at that arbitrary metric despite the fact that has NOTHING to do with the point!"

Then someone else could come in with an even higher arbitrary score than that guy, and say, "No, actually the first guy is right." That trumps the other guy because this new guy has an even higher gamer score, so whoever has the highest of this arbitrary metric gets to just dictate truth, and everyone nods. To make things even more absurd, since this is Blade and Soul, that person would likely be someone who has just swiped their credit card for literally multiple thousands of dollars for a VIDEO GAME, and doesn't actually understand the perspective of people who don't do that, yet they are regarded as the "expert." Elitists love things they can count and compare.

You think that is absurd? No, no. That is exactly what happens.

exp is based of playtime, so achiv points show the knowledge I guess idk I see no reason to not having achiv points showing since we have them for no use, might aswell do that.

12 hours ago, RavTH said:

exp is based of playtime, so achiv points show the knowledge I guess idk I see no reason to not having achiv points showing since we have them for no use, might aswell do that.

They have a use....artificial barrier for achievement merchant xD

@NorbertTheOpinionated If the truth is a personally/community defined axiom, which it is, then technically there is nothing inherently wrong with your opinion having less value based on you having less of the arbitrary metrics. If the community decides that's how your opinion will be weighted, this is exactly how things will be. I don't remember us ever discussing these matters though. So in a sense the point you are making is more akin to chasing shadows than anything else.

In regard to the lobby requirements, it is and always was decided in per party basis. Sometimes you'll see NS party searching for 1,2k players. The leader obviously wants a really fast run. Sometimes you'll see someone who's OP as hell and doesn't put up gear requirements, just wants some buffs. Sometime you get a golden nugget in the form of 1k requirement and a complete set of support qualities. It's all about the situation. Remember, the lobby host is the one that gives the shots since he's the one with the big boot. He took the responsibility to assemble a team that can successfully clear a dungeon in whatever time window he deems acceptable. This whole complaining thing going on in regard to this system and people asking for more than the average player has, carries higher weight with it. One day people will decide they had enough of the constant bashing and stop listing ap requirement. They will be replaced with DPS requirements and that will hit much harder than you might imagine. You can reach 1,1k with old legendaries in fairly short window of time. You can't however amp your damage up to say 100k/s just like that. Then we'll be getting to the next stage of this debate, where people who don't have the necessary dps, start bashing stronger people for not wanting to spend more of their life in a dungeon than they feel comfortable doing so. And that's an incredibly insolent thing to do. "Why don't you give your life for my benefit?" Doesn't sound nice at all. This is basically racketeering.

Archived