Gunslinger viable?

Sibcoe

Hello - new to BnS and asked this question in Discord yesterday and received a positive answer, so wanted to get a broader opinion.  I have been testing classes in game, having just bought into Premium Service.  I enjoyed Summoner and a few other classes, but Gunslinger has really captured my attention and has the fun factor, flow, and mechanics I enjoy.  I have tried to actively avoid playing the Gun class because I have heard that they are unwanted, over-played and get ignored for groups/raids.  

Can you share your thoughts on whether it is worth spending time/resources on the Gunslinger class or will I end up at max level with nothing to do because I cannot get a group etc?

Thanks.

The desirability of gunslinger in dungeons is no different than to any other classes, it won't hinder your ability to be accepted into dungeons, raids, etc.

They are far from being a "useless" class, it might be the current most played class, however, there's a reason as to why it's the most played class =P

It's DPS is always welcomed in a party, and it's maneuverability could make mechanics easier on other players in the dungeon, for example far marking in NS or grabbing the buffs in BT. And as someone who plays a WL, a part of my soul feels like it's missing something when I don't have a gunslinger in the party XD The Alpha Call is extremely nice XD

But, all of that aside, what you're hearing is incorrect, sure it may be "over-played" but it is most definitely not ignored or unwanted in raids.

As for spending your resources and time on a Gunslinger, I'd say it's no different than say investing your time in any other classes - it's up to you, just know that it won't be wasted.

Hell, if you're afraid of Gunslingers being "over-played"/"unwanted", look at Warlocks, they're the second/third most played class in the game, and parties will always welcome them.

GS is the most enjoyable class for me and I have one of each except SF (deleted).  What they lack in party iframe they make up for in dps and mobility.  Their personal iframes however are numerous and make them very long lived.  If your ping is high the number of classes you can reliably play is limited but thankfully GS is ping forgiving.  You seem to like ranged classes and currently GS is king.  However that might change if they throw more nerfs our direction.  Some groups shun GS because they are aggro thieves (even from better geared team mates).  Haters will hate.  I highly recommend the class.  Fun, fast and furious.

Thanks - the GS just seems to flow, which I love.  I feel I can reach a good skill cap with the GS, but for others, I might need more time or patience.  Right now, this was love at first draw...

GS currently is the easiest class to play and sports better than most dps and party utility. They're also the most mobile class, pick if you want a easy mode and people that ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ at you for ruining the tanks day as you steal his aggro (deal more than double the dmg he does) despite him outgearing you by a fair bit.

Good to know - I can watch for threat stealing for sure.  I am not sure how to see my ping, but I do get about 100-120 FPS, which I hear is good as far as in game performance goes.  What's the most reliable way to see ping please?

19 minutes ago, Annysan said:

Options - "Game" (not sure about the english names, anyway the first tab) - Second point  (someting like user interface) - 4. point from the bottom (show server latency)

( @Sibcoe ) Settings > Interface > Show server delay - if I'm not mistaken. There's a tick box.

The display is insanely small and should be on the top left-ish corner, the ms only shows when you use a skill though.

Archived