Soul Fighter Update Howling Blast!

Deatkeep123

Can we get Howling Blast back on the F key Please? I don't see the point in Howling Blast replacing Chi Burst X on martial stance. These new changes have made it even more difficult to PVP as a SF. Give us back Chi Burst and Chi Defense on both stances like we used to have. Also, Ground ripple and leg sweep were switched around why???

2 hours ago, Koragg said:

Agree with you most of these skills change around where not needed or necessary, 6 skills have been changed to different hotkeys, WHY??

Yeah, and aside from myself, I know 2 other veteran SF's who are considering leaving the game because of this.

Just swap them back, those you can at least. Its not a gamebreaker even if it was highly annoying at first. I agree on chi burst not being on martial and chi defense not being on elemental, but free cast howling blast actually turned out to be a nice boon since you can now tab v 2 tab rmb f x to instantly get to chi 4 again (without needing to iframe to do so), besides the 2 other ones that put you instantly to chi 5.  ->  Kingfist/strikes galore

Thanks, but not having a defense/heal skill available when we need it can make PVP really irritating, specially against the cancer classes who can Simply spam and win. We got a lower CD, but try switching stances during a fight just to heal or use a defense skill. it really screws up our rotations and can cost us the fight. I'm mainly a PVP player. I only login for BGS/Arenas. I'm really hoping NCsoft can fix this soon.

I don't know anything about SF myself, but have a look at Tenah's latest streams. He is getting his SF near platinum atm, and he says most match ups are around 20% more favourable now. Like what was 20/80 now becomes 30/70, 30/70 becomes 40/60...

Why can't they just get the idea that SFs are BAD in PVP because their defensive capabilities are the absolute worst out of all the classes? Lets see here:

1. THE ONLY RELEVANT BLOCK HAS A SIX SECOND CD FOR THE MEASLY EFFECT OF 1.5s IFRAME. Who the ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ came up with THIS???

2. Our C iframe has a ridiculous 45 second CD. Other classes with a similar iframe have a reset for it (WL, GS). The BD iframe is 34 seconds.

3. Our Q/E/SS iframes only work for like 0.01 seconds. If you iframe a hit such as 5 point strike, you often won't even have time to put up your block for the very next hit. I can't believe how absolutely worthless these dodges are. 5 point strike from the BD is almost ALWAYS going to hit in any game you play with any BD. On top of that, they have 12 second cooldowns.

For arena 1v1 there's always 0-1 SF in the top 50. How the heck have they not figured out this class blows in PVP?

On 5/20/2018 at 2:40 PM, Pets said:

Why can't they just get the idea that SFs are BAD in PVP because their defensive capabilities are the absolute worst out of all the classes? Lets see here:

1. THE ONLY RELEVANT BLOCK HAS A SIX SECOND CD FOR THE MEASLY EFFECT OF 1.5s IFRAME. Who the ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ came up with THIS???

2. Our C iframe has a ridiculous 45 second CD. Other classes with a similar iframe have a reset for it (WL, GS). The BD iframe is 34 seconds.

3. Our Q/E/SS iframes only work for like 0.01 seconds. If you iframe a hit such as 5 point strike, you often won't even have time to put up your block for the very next hit. I can't believe how absolutely worthless these dodges are. 5 point strike from the BD is almost ALWAYS going to hit in any game you play with any BD. On top of that, they have 12 second cooldowns.

For arena 1v1 there's always 0-1 SF in the top 50. How the heck have they not figured out this class blows in PVP?

Someone got away with murder and won a tourney before the class was touched by the nerf gun.
Plenty of 100-0 froststorm/dragonfury with team heal and cc for 3v3

taking away the ability for the SF to heal/Rezz in either Elemental/or melee in my opinion crippled the SF in how the first presented what the SF was suppose to be. Elemental mode has always been the weakest part for dmge ( it was always a joke).

I was away for 6 months and coming back and i got confused as all hell with their cute changes .... i tested my SF in F12 and as far as dmge/sec i really didn't see much change overall just confusing because of moving abilities around. she was my main but i see no point continuing with her ... they'll just come along next patch and make it worse.

Tab's focus regen removed and cooldown being 6s was reduced to .6
IIRC VT takes it down even further to .3 or .4s
Ice coil instantly throws you into melee mode so its not that big of a deal except remembeing you can ONLY heal in ranged stance. Frost storm casting went up a lot.
Overall seems like a buff but dunno. At least its less dependent on SB to use frost storm which is great.

Overall we got buffed for sure but:

PvE: Decent buff to Frost(huge boost without sb), Massive buff to Earth (no real downsides here)

1on1/3v3: Decent buff (but still beeing only class with 1 tab escape and no other escape whatso ever we r still lower tier)

6V6: feels like a huge nerf 2 me. No Resist in ranged/no heal in melee means your constantly switching stances when needing one of those...and you press TAB for this...wich sooo freakin often results in beeing CCed right the sec you trying to switch stance and you pop your tab escape like a total noob. Frost oneshot is gone, Earth oneshots are lower/harder to achieve and both aeriels got nerfed (due to setbonus/brace nerfed while sum/WL/Gun still aeriel "onecomboO" you before you even reach the highest point of your flight) also havin our untargetable self def chi removed was huge nerf to 6v6 where 5sec/5hit resists sometimes feels like not having used any def CD at all. "shitton" of I-frams help you for few sec when you get attacked by multiple opponents and combined with no 2nd escape/no really mattering def ability leaves you for dead  really fast in the typical 6v6 environment. Compared to other melee classes (wich perma spin [des/bd] perma counter [kfm] perma stealth [sin] or at least deflect block+2nd escape and ranged protect [bm] ) i feel we are really squishy !

Archived