SUGGESTION: Nerf Arena Season Rewards.

AriShadow2

Hello.

Currently arena have an issue - too many alts and smurfs.

When some good player, who have main in top 10 start to farm arena with his other chars for season rewads (Hongmoon Coins).

Problems with that:

1 - There is no normal skill curve in arena, from 1300~1500 you get normal skill curve. But, when you get on rank 1500+, your opponents are random.

From 1450 new player, then equel to your skill opponent and some no real life dude who already have 4~6 alts in 1800+, and clearly you have big disadvantage.

2 - Alts and smurfs steal your actual rank.

ydYKhLJ.png

Here one guy have 5 chars in top 10.

He basicly stole 4 "top 10" ranks for other players, and this picture with other classes.

It kills any motivation to rank up, because if you are actual top 10 <class> in current season, you will be top 20~30.

Imagine that in Olimpic games top 3 place will be one guy, because he ran 3 times better then others and he will get 3 medas, it sounds like bullshit, right?

3 - New players have very hard time to start pvp.

Like i said before, currently arena skill curve is broken.

And when you play with 1300~1500 with fun, you get hit by brick wall after, because you at some rank you get farmed by smurfs.

I like how top PVP players make PVP guides and complain that there are no new players in arena, but they keep systematicly farm arena with alts killing arena fun and reason to join arena as new player by themselfs.

So, my suggestion to reduce alt/smurf ammount in arena and make arena more popular for new pvp players:

Reduce arena season reward to "1 reward per 1 class".

So if good arena players want to farm arena - they should learn other classes.

What do you think about that suggestion guys?

Also would be nice to know NC opinion.

Well while I basicly think the same as you about this topic, I don't think there will be changed much. There is no premium solution for this problem from the point of view of the developers in my opinion.

You could change the reward to a new currency that's only for cosmetics in the shop, I think that was the original idea of giving them the currency as a reward in the first place and not to buy trove keys/rng boxes etc. But if you'd do that now, I don't know if many people would still play pvp, as for many of them pvp just seems to be a means for the purpose to gear up for pve or 6vs6 wise. So that "solution" could lead to even less participation in the arena.

One reward per one class can still be abused by having more accounts. While the idea makes it more difficult to make gold or progress on one account, because the currency is splitted up, it still can be done by gifting etc.

Another way could be to seperate 6vs6 pvp equipment from any pve upgrading material and give new character bound "pvp upgrade materials" as a season reward, in addition to earn the upgrade materials by combat in 6vs6. To give the arena players the possibility to play 6vs6 without any pve outlay. Maybe also in combination with the mentioned currency for skins.

A possible solution would be to lock ranking for 1 character per account. Could make it so that it's determined by the first character to reach X rank on the account and that is the character that will be "ranked' for that season. Alts on the same account would be kicked off but this does not stop people from making multiple actual accounts to have alts - but, at least the HM coins would be spread out as opposed to concentrated.

Arena is really just certain players trolling everyone else these days, it's dead. Could remove the rewards entirely and few players would care.

• 2 weeks later...

Easy, just make NA arena rewards similar to that of KR arena rewards. A.k.a this:

OrAEQ5r.jpg

NA seasonal rewards are extremely generous compared to other regions, as they give venture tokens. And a lot of venture tokens for top ranking players. Needless to say, it is not strange for a strong pvp players want to hog all of possible Hmcoin income for himself.

Aside from rewarding one class per account, the only another way to discourage such players to hog all top ranking positions is make reward less attractive, though it may in turn makes other pvp players feel not want to bother with arena pvp anymore, lol.

Also, the venture tokens also come with a downside when a seasonal end comes, as NCWest will actively try to drain as many HMcoins as possible, and even poking their nose into the game features to make players feel that they have to spend to progress (material drop reduction, gold reduction, harder low-mid dungeon...)

8 hours ago, Kozuki said:

Easy, just make NA arena rewards similar to that of KR arena rewards. A.k.a this:

OrAEQ5r.jpg

NA seasonal rewards are extremely generous compared to other regions, as they give venture tokens. And a lot of venture tokens for top ranking players. Needless to say, it is not strange for a strong pvp players want to hog all of possible Hmcoin income for himself.

Aside from rewarding one class per account, the only another way to discourage such players to hog all top ranking positions is make reward less attractive, though it may in turn makes other pvp players feel not want to bother with arena pvp anymore, lol.

Also, the venture tokens also come with a downside when a seasonal end comes, as NCWest will actively try to drain as many HMcoins as possible, and even poking their nose into the game features to make players feel that they have to spend to progress (material drop reduction, gold reduction, harder low-mid dungeon...)

Wow, KR already have it, cool!

How to make arena fun again.

the reason why I started to do pve more than pvp, lel bunch of alts queueing up at same time and wintrade to take top30 spots ain't gucci.

sigh... also the ms spikes in EU

On 19/05/2018 at 12:15 PM, MorganClaus said:

no reply.....  you can wait for a months....   its ncsoft. they can  only answer you with script and put in the trash.   what do you except from developers that don't know what happening in their product ? 

IKR, they don't even play the game, so they wouldn't know if some classes are broken or not, or if TOI bots are fair or unfair.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived