BnS x64 doesn't start with Windows 10 April update 1803

Dominator

Hi all, today I updated to a new version of windows, and I see 2 problems, first is with microphone off in all programs, next thing is SIGNCode doesn't start in bns x64, only 32bit can start.

fix for mic, if someone need:

1) Hit Windows key and search for "microphone privacy settings"

2) Hit "Allow access to the microphone on this device"

3) Switch "Allow apps to access your microphone" to on

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Same here, I suspect this is the same issue I reported before when I couldn't start the x64 version of the game if I had VMWare Virtual Machine Services running in the background.

Most likely a compatibility issue, this is what I'm getting in event viewer:

Faulting application name: xcoronahost.xem, version: 3.5.0.42, time stamp: 0x5a6579d3
Faulting module name: ntdll.dll, version: 10.0.17134.1, time stamp: 0xc8733c73
Exception code: 0xc0000409
Fault offset: 0x00062324
Faulting process id: 0x2c1c
Faulting application start time: 0x01d3e0bf74f4c543
Faulting application path: D:\NCSOFT\BnS\bin64\XignCode\xcoronahost.xem
Faulting module path: C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\ntdll.dll
Report Id: a87cc446-330d-471a-ad5f-4747e1773f46
Faulting package full name: 
Faulting package-relative application ID: 

don't work, and this error is only on event list, if start game, after is no xign code loading  just silence , try to update latest windows build and you welcome. =)

p.s. - you need to understand the problem is on new windows and xigncode x64, my friend update to and after have this problem on x64 .

If you updated earlier today your version is most likely 10.0.17134.1 for the April update 1803 you can check in powershell > cmd. They released a fix recently this afternoon version 10.0.17134.5 try running windows update again a few times. (Might solve the issue there were some gaming and security changes) Also doesnt hurt for the heck of it a ton of manf released 1803 drivers today I mean might as well. Support will make you to rule out anyways even if its likely an issue on bns end.

Mostly the .5 is a KB and those can be uninstalled usually or rolled back where the .1 is the actual real deal once you there and all would have to do a more hardcore process. They wanna get everyone on the latest and greatest as soon as it passed QA

Makes sense cause sometimes even when the stable major yearly update builds get deployed in some F2P mmo's that use like gameguard, hackshield, xigncode, etc to name a few norm at least one of those clients has an issue with it initially til that manf updates its coding. Normally windows gives a heads up for compatibility reasons but not always I think its mutual and this update kind of was sprung suddenly rather than have an official release date set earlier. At least it seems 32 bit works so you wouldnt miss out on the event just tick the box in the launcher.

Updated to the .1 version and it doesn't work in x64 have to run in 32-bit for xigncode to work. Hopefully they fix this soon or during maint.

Same issue game client dont even try to start.

just launcher on latest windows Clean install.

Hope it not going to take ncsoft months to get this solved.

Easy fix would be to remove xincrap or what ever its named

since most people will bypass it anyhow and it just create problems for normal players just like crapguard did.

9 hours ago, LordSwiftStrike said:

Makes sense cause sometimes even when the stable major yearly update builds get deployed in some F2P mmo's that use like gameguard, hackshield, xigncode, etc to name a few norm at least one of those clients has an issue with it initially til that manf updates its coding. Normally windows gives a heads up for compatibility reasons but not always I think its mutual and this update kind of was sprung suddenly rather than have an official release date set earlier. At least it seems 32 bit works so you wouldnt miss out on the event just tick the box in the launcher.

Updated to the .1 version and it doesn't work in x64 have to run in 32-bit for xigncode to work. Hopefully they fix this soon or during maint.

The update they are talking about was released in the insider circle that means you wont get it until Microsoft officially releases it in the live channel.

40 minutes ago, Dominator said:

3 solution, 1) to put  back 1709, 2) to play x32 and wait x64, 3) to report this problem to support

and i think 3 need to do to all because if support don't read forum we will not get fix in time

I contacted support. their reply was "the game doesnt support build 1803. Roll back your windows" xD

5 hours ago, HateMe said:

I contacted support. their reply was "the game doesnt support build 1803. Roll back your windows" xD

think support doesn't support build 1803 xD, i know some people who play in this build but he use not original client, i will stay some days at x32 if support team will not fix then will need to  downgrade or to use other solution to play x64 but i don't want. best solution is support will tell us - Yes we can Just do IT and do fix  on tomorrow maintenance , but will be only on 9 may or never

Archived