BnS x64 doesn't start with Windows 10 April update 1803

Dominator

• NCSOFT

Hi,

In order to resolve this problem, we'd like to ask you to send our support team your XignCode logs. Here's how you can obtain them:

1. Go to your Blade & Soul folder (C:\Program Files (x86)\NCSOFT\BnS)
  2. Go to bin(64) -> XignCode
  3. Create a zip file containing all the files in this folder
  4. Go to https://support.bladeandsoul.com and send us a ticket with the attached zip file

To protect your privacy, please do not share the zip file in the forums!

This will help us in our effort to resolve the issue as quickly as possible.

Thank you very much for your patience and support!

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Bronn said:

Hi,

In order to resolve this problem, we'd like to ask you to send our support team your XignCode logs. Here's how you can obtain them:

1. Go to your Blade & Soul folder (C:\Program Files (x86)\NCSOFT\BnS)
  2. Go to bin(64) -> XignCode
  3. Create a zip file containing all the files in this folder
  4. Go to https://support.bladeandsoul.com and send us a ticket with the attached zip file

To protect your privacy, please do not share the zip file in the forums!

This will help us in our effort to resolve the issue as quickly as possible.

Thank you very much for your patience and support!

done add event

Faulting application name: xcoronahost.xem, version: 3.5.0.42, time stamp: 0x5a6579d3
Faulting module name: ntdll.dll, version: 10.0.17134.1, time stamp: 0xc8733c73
Exception code: 0xc0000409
Fault offset: 0x00062324
Faulting process id: 0x2020
Faulting application start time: 0x01d3e14951e961da
Faulting application path: C:\Games\BnS\bin64\XignCode\xcoronahost.xem
Faulting module path: C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\ntdll.dll
Report Id: c4671bee-9546-4a7c-8242-9cadb2f1f122
Faulting package full name: 
Faulting package-relative application ID: 

Don't expect solutions from ncsoft (full of monkeys -_-), this problem has been reported for months (when RS4 still on insider testing) and this "developers" did nothing, replies full of manure, again and again.

Go to this thread and try this workaround on "April 2018 Update":

Check this video as a visual guide:

NOTE: THIS WILL COMPROMISE YOUR SYSTEM SECURITY IN SOME EXTENT CUZ DISABLES SOME RS4 SECURITY FEATURES, SO IF YOU WANT TO STAY ON "APRIL 2018 UPDATE" AND PLAY THE X64 CLIENT DO THIS AT YOUR OWN RISK UNTIL THIS "DEVELOPERS" FIX THIS.

all you can do the mean time is run it in 32 bit or disable your security if you really need 64 bit, send logs to support, etc. or roll back your build lol

Other than that have to wait im running it in 32 (x86) mode for now.

I have  news as to run itno 32 bit.

I dont know if everyone else have same problem  how i.

I so have run into 32 bit because  after update win 10 1803 BnS game not function on 64 bit.

But after run into 32 bit i have started repeated game ERROR  and scores of the time. After go to total collabs start game and i must restart PC, but it so not helped.

So i must go in the  BACKDOWN  WIN 10  preview version, and now is all ready.

This new  version is very bad.

Yeah I noticed even though it works and runs in 32bit x86 mode it tends to crash quite frequently during like windstride or loading into dung's. Before the update running in 64 bit x64 it never crashed for me.

Turning off CFG and DEP will allow 64 to run just fine at a cost of system security. My guess is its likely DEP since its job is to prevent malicious code or instructions being executed in very memory sensitive areas of the kernel.

Near as I can tell, the thing that isn't working out with the Windows update is XignCode, as even if I assign the client the same exceptions, the game still won't start. Although there's another game I play that uses XignCode, and it runs just fine, while B&S doesn't for me, so I took a look, and B&S is using an older version of XignCode than the other game is. If you (NCSoft) insist on using something like XignCode, GameGuard, or whatever, at least keep the bloody thing up to date.

14 minutes ago, Why Bother said:

Near as I can tell, the thing that isn't working out with the Windows update is XignCode, as even if I assign the client the same exceptions, the game still won't start. Although there's another game I play that uses XignCode, and it runs just fine, while B&S doesn't for me, so I took a look, and B&S is using an older version of XignCode than the other game is. If you (NCSoft) insist on using something like XignCode, GameGuard, or whatever, at least keep the bloody thing up to date.

Need moar MONEY!!!!

Yeah the workaround works in the above youtube video that was posted support suggested me to go ahead and do it play the game using the discovered workaround until the latest build is released to test the hotfix on. They are applying some hotfix and are waiting for the .5 version to be released to public probably I'd assume soon maybe patch Tuesday on the 8th.

32 worked fine it just crashed sometimes but I had to do 64 cause I didnt want to risk 32 crashing in VT

On 5/1/2018 at 7:24 PM, darkhell666 said:

Don't expect solutions from ncsoft (full of monkeys -_-), this problem has been reported for months (when RS4 still on insider testing) and this "developers" did nothing, replies full of manure, again and again.

Go to this thread and try this workaround on "April 2018 Update":

Check this video as a visual guide:

NOTE: THIS WILL COMPROMISE YOUR SYSTEM SECURITY IN SOME EXTENT CUZ DISABLES SOME RS4 SECURITY FEATURES, SO IF YOU WANT TO STAY ON "APRIL 2018 UPDATE" AND PLAY THE X64 CLIENT DO THIS AT YOUR OWN RISK UNTIL THIS "DEVELOPERS" FIX THIS.

Thanks !

I may have a solution. 

In the recent 1803 17134.1 update, my Bluetooth was activated and switched on for some reason. Upon updating to 17134.48, I deactivated the bluetooth feature, and I can run x64 bit client again with no issues every time. 

I didn't have to go through my security settings to do any of the nonsense risk taking factors. Just disable bluetooth x)

• 3 months later...

Getting this issue now... In August...

The fact that this still hasn't been addressed is appalling and just not acceptable for a gaming company of NC Soft's size.

Game doesn't start, doesn't give any errors, just refuses to start the Xing Code process.

8 minutes ago, Jsilvermist said:

Getting this issue now... In August...

The fact that this still hasn't been addressed is appalling and just not acceptable for a gaming company of NC Soft's size.

Game doesn't start, doesn't give any errors, just refuses to start the Xing Code process.

umm you sure ? starts fine here

So, I had the same problem before with that big Windows update, so I reverted back to the previous version of Windows. Now, of course, since Microsoft won't let you get away with that and often forces updates down your throat whether or not they work properly, I stuck with the update, tested BnS and the big problems for me (ping and framerate) seemed to be okay.

As to how to fix the issues with BnS 64 not working, there might be a simple solution for you all... and it's going to sound stupid.

First, open your antivirus software. Yes, you heard me. If everything looks like it's running right, it's probably the OTHER antivirus software on your computer, Windows Defender.

Now, Defender works pretty well overall, but sometimes it causes conflicts with programs. If you open up the Windows Defender Security Center, you might notice there are a couple of things that have yellow exclamation symbols next to them rather than the green check mark symbols. One I noticed commonly was the one for "account protection" whenever I (was forced to) update to this new windows update. There's two options you can do here - one, follow all the steps in order to get satisfy the alert (making a pin number replace your login password, etc.) or, even easier (and if you don't care about all this nonsense), click the option under the alert to "dismiss" the issue. Either way, if you can get all the "attention needed" alerts gone in Defender, the game should run.

I'm guessing something with Defender (or whatever antivirus software you're using) is interrupting Xigncode and not allowing it to go further. Anyways, that seemed to solve the issue for me at the very least. Worth looking into anyways.

Archived