Upgrade Square Obsidians

LoliDolly

Why not let us upgrade obsidian squares to pent? To even upgrade obsidian we have to have 3 pents and right now the only way to get those that i know of is the NPC at the basin with transcendence engines and i think something else. Whenever an engine falls in IF there is a bidding war and it goes so high i will usually pass cause i use that gold for other upgrades so i know its my fault for not having the ideal Obsidian on my weapon yet. I have enough of the Daily orb thingies that i can buy enough squares to make three pents and from there make at a minimum a hex obsidian. 

For now i wont even put a square one on my weapon, i am a cursed FM that comes from a time it wasnt as easy to reroll your weapon so i sit with only 5 gems. At this time im barely 1112 AP with 10 in defense. It was suggested that i use a square gem but in my opinion its not worth sacrificing 13 AP (1099) so that i can get kicked from F8 group cause i lack having 1.1k ap even tho im only short by 1. Yes im sacrificing 50 elemental damage but is it really that much more dps over 13 extra AP? If i had 6 gem slots i would consider it but thats another thing upgrade things or blow my gold on legendary gem hammers. Last i checked that would cost 1200 gold for me to do that.

Isn't it obvious why that's not possible? Unlike other gems transmute cost is low and getting the gems itself is the limiting factor. If you could transmute squares it would be way to easy to get a max obsidian.

2 hours ago, Cor said:

Isn't it obvious why that's not possible? Unlike other gems transmute cost is low and getting the gems itself is the limiting factor. If you could transmute squares it would be way to easy to get a max obsidian.

It is  not hard to add a control on such a thing.

For example, if you make Square Obsidian being 40 Solar Energy each, it is 120 Solar for a Pentagonal, 360 for a Hexagonal, and 1080 for a Heptagonal. For a single Heptagonal, you will need to grind daily challenges for nine months if you only do it on your main, or three months on three alts, or one months on nine alts. Either ways, you still have to do contents for a while, which is what NCSoft loves having you to do.

The square obisidians were added for the event that ended and that was the sole upgrade purpose for them. If you missed the event or didnt manage to get it upgraded you have to run either IF or the new dungeon and get a hepta obsidian.

On 4-4-2018 at 9:44 AM, HateMe said:

The square obisidians were added for the event that ended and that was the sole upgrade purpose for them. If you missed the event or didnt manage to get it upgraded you have to run either IF or the new dungeon and get a hepta obsidian.

No one who can actually run the new dungeon probably even really needs hexa, except maybe for eventually going octa.

I don't see a reason why they couldn't make an adequately priced way to upgrade square to penta. IF is old content by now.

8 hours ago, Laneera said:

No one who can actually run the new dungeon probably even really needs hexa, except maybe for eventually going octa.

I don't see a reason why they couldn't make an adequately priced way to upgrade square to penta. IF is old content by now.

Because the main way to obtain obsidian gems is IF and the new dungeon. The squares were only added for the event. Old content or not Obsidian gems are BiS gear.

Archived