How bad is the p2w in this game? Is the game dead?

Hypnozis

Hey all, i played awhile ago when the game came out. Didn't sunk too many hours in it tho... but now i'm looking for a game to play. 

I saw the premium, so my main question is can u exchange real money for in game currency? 

How many active servers r up in Europe? Overall is the game dead? :D

You can exchange real money for gold on F9. Only 1 ENG servers in EU, they got merged, cause many left the game.

There's around 2k players on Jinsoyun EU, so a far cry from before, guess many left. Game is not dead, but recent bad moves from NC are leading just to that.

And they keep doing bad choices, like this patch and pet pods.

Game is lot more friendly to starting players and you can reach max level in couple of days, so doesn't hurt to try and see if you like it enough to stay.

sry for my bad English in advance

i will try to put all the points 

first : game still pretty healthy with enough population to have decent game play ( finding dungeons and parties for raid ) , many players left ? yes a lot actually reasons will be mentioned .

2nd :: p2w , old days p2w concept wasn't that deep in roots . now the game manegers are chocking players and that done by deleting some materials old options and introducing new one (say they did it to reduce the cost actually they are lying and thinking we are low IQ monkeys ) why ?! because if they had a single look to market they will know that there option are wrong and actually not only increasing the overall cost on us but also bottleneck us . old times ( 2 months ago ) you could go and buy legendary elements now you need to farm additional mats. or the overall cost will be stupid.

3rd:: so the overall effect is to push players toward p2w concept to practice in p2w events to get those legendary or what ever needed mats. to upgrade .

4th :: they always lying in the stream ( they told us about new options of legendary elements/ jewels but never told us about deleting the old one ) / the guy n stream told us new duelist bundle will be better that the old hence the old is better by 300% with same price for both / they keep changing things like crafting to make it not worthy resulting into massive prices increase in the crafted items plus they do some changes killing economy (like legendary things ) without telling u the details resulting into wealth lose to players / nerfing drop rates from dungeons with no telling  / introducing stupid events where you lose time for bugged event item not even worth it !! / some not reasonable update like deleting EC / NF /DT hard mode dungeons only to kill players who farm them ( the game trying to chock us as they can so we go p2w ten kill the game and run with the profit ) /  last of all introducing idiot "life quietly improvements" like the 600 helion cores for BT accessory which s impossible to be achieved in a logical time period and calling it improvement (simply they make fun of us  thinking we are primitive monkeys )

thats all :( 

1 hour ago, Hypnozis said:

I saw the premium, so my main question is can u exchange real money for in game currency? 

You can buy NC coins with money. Then you either spend those on the f10 shop, or buy gold from the other players via f9 menu.

Players selling gold in f9 for HM coins, that are a bit limited version of NC coins.

How bad is the p2w in this game?

Compared to what? As a F2P player you are not locked from any content. You can get all items you want, even the costumes from the f10 shop using your HM coins that you can get by farming and selling gold. You can unlock inventory and characters slots using HM coins. So you can be 100% F2P and in theory get anything.

Will it be hard? Will it require time investment? Yes it will.

If you want to just casually play the game - you can do it without any problems as F2P. You can enjoy all the story, do some arena pvp, do some dungeons. If you stick the game for a longer time - you will be able to do any regular dungeon as a casual F2P player without much of a problem.

But. If you are a hardcore maniac that just needs to be the best geared player around, oneshot ppl in the battlegrounds, set records in the solo dungeons, own every single outfit, and have the best possible gems in your weapon - then prepare your wallet, or become a nolife farmer.

The P2W seems to be getting worse. Latest patch nerfed the gold gain from everything but the "1100ap or eff off" dungeons so good luck getting your gear upgraded without whaling or having people to carry. Personally I have lost all interest in gearing my chars here, seems like a fools errand and quite frankly there's many other games that don't force you into the cash shop in order to get anywhere at max level.

You arnt locked of any content in this game. You can get everything but it will require lots of time and effort. One thing that helps me as f2p player is alts. I got 7 alts with about 1k ap. With most of them i do only weekly chalange thats about 350g per week +mats. Than with main and 2 alts doing bt every week thats again about +-100gold, and also dc with some chars. So gold is no problem for me. As for materials same thing. My alts are just geared enough to do weeklys and dc. And may main isint even max geard. My main got 1.1k ap with raven 6 weap. And i dont rush upgrading becausr i dont see point in it. I just stock pile mats and wait when i will need to upgrade something . Howerver as free 2 play player it took me about 1year +to get greared decently because i was changing mains a lot and only settled on gunner when it came out. And right now with all upgrade cost reductions i am able to get alts wnough geared. It takes time invesment and materials  but it will pay off in long run. With 8 chars doing weeklys i am even able to trove without any real money.

OFC this game is P2W, you know BT accessories drop is RNG right ? sometimes, no one need that element ring or erring which in loot, but their alts need, so people get it with a low price, then THE WHALE CAN ASK GMs TRANSFR those to their alts with JUST A SINGLE SCENTENCE in ONE EMAIL, but as for the player who didn't spend huge amount money on this game, for example, like me. I write more than 6 email now, they still reply like "we understand your situation" ''Unfortunately, the items in question are not eligible to be transferred as it is intended to be character bound and you are able to re-obtain them on your other character(s) without support's assistance. ".  Now I'm sure they have their inside VIP level, you pay more money in this game, you got better service. You didn't spend enough money? "Everything not allowed, our rule is build for player like you."

2 hours ago, dayberserker said:

OFC this game is P2W, you know BT accessories drop is RNG right ? sometimes, no one need that element ring or erring which in loot, but their alts need, so people get it with a low price, then THE WHALE CAN ASK GMs TRANSFR those to their alts with JUST A SINGLE SCENTENCE in ONE EMAIL, but as for the player who didn't spend huge amount money on this game, for example, like me. I write more than 6 email now, they still reply like "we understand your situation" ''Unfortunately, the items in question are not eligible to be transferred as it is intended to be character bound and you are able to re-obtain them on your other character(s) without support's assistance. ".  Now I'm sure they have their inside VIP level, you pay more money in this game, you got better service. You didn't spend enough money? "Everything not allowed, our rule is build for player like you."

Yeah, I'm feeling you on that one. Big spenders I game with, streamers, etc. all have zero issues in getting support to transfer any item over, no matter how ridiculous. But a second class citizen like us that only spends a "little" every month get told that it's too hard for support to move items. Really starting to feel jaded about the difference in treatment that support offers to whales versus the non.

I will leave my two cents. As someone who was a returning player and spend around three months ingame, I can give some pointers. First thing first: if you decide spending money,make sure it is an amount you will not be sad to part with in case you leave, because this game has a lot of issues. From what I have seen premium is not worth the money, the player gets close to none benefits from it, the money is better spent purchasing NCoin. If you are from Europe, be prepared to wait several hours to get your coins after order has been placed. Cannot say how often it occurs to other people from EU region, but three times that I did buy Ncoins it took up to 8 hours for them to be delivered ingame. Left me...surprised to say the least.

On the surface the cash-shop appears to mainly cater to cosmetics, however, once you reach a certain point it becomes glaringly obvious, that to progress in any reasonable amount of time, you will absolutely have to sink money. The gold income has been cut, main gold comes from higher tier dungeons and raids and in order to get into one, the player needs to have a minimal amount of AP. With each major update the minimal amount of AP required to get in, increases for the same dungeon. Go figure. In other words, for you as a new player to get into old content that has been around for  a year or more, will require ether sinking a lot of time, or straight up buying your way into it. To do endgame raids you will need a good clan, to get into a good clan, you will need good gear. The circle is complete and you are left in limbo. Basically, I realised as returning player, that I had two options on how to leave the limbo a) make B&S my second job and life or b) Spend money. The speed with which they roll out new major updates, there is no way you will gear on time. On one hand right now the game makes it extremely easy to gear up to 950 AP, but (and it's a big BUT) the community scoffs heavily at anyone who is below 1k AP. For what I have seen right before i quit the game in early january, the community was approaching the point where 1k ap was no good to do any mid game, mind you, content. Chances are it has gotten progressively worse.

That brings me to another point, the community is very unfriendly, to put it lightly. For each mistake be prepared to lose at least half a team in the instance and be stuck recruiting, which in turn will increase the time you unceserally spend in the game. People have zero tolerance for upcoming players, who learn dungeons. Not all, of course, but the majority.  The population (on EU Jinsoyun) is somewhat acceptable. I had no trouble doing the daily challenges and big 8 (If i remember right), as well as the weekly basic raids. But, outside of regional rush hour I was hard pressed to find a party, for anything.

Wow, this came out longer then expected. Everything above, comes from my own experience. Yours might be terminally different. All in all the game is enjoyable on the surface, but once you get deep into it, issues become glaringly obvious. Starting from poor client optimisation and mind numbing grind that, may as well be a second job, if one does not invest regularly, to keep up with the content. To problematic, unfriendly community. Hope that helped.

Archived