This hairstyle..

Onbekend

2jdf8zd.jpg

Can males have a break for once? Whoever thought this hat needed this hairstyle, needs to be fired. It's an insult to anyone who plays male, and it's especially an insult to the artist whose work now goes along with a Justin Bieber haircut. The outfit's masculinity is already a controversial point, and then we get this haircut nailed onto it.

The only other headpiece with this hairstyle, is the Sweet Emotion Head Adornment. That thing is a joke. Giving Phantom Flower the same hairstyle, I assume you also see that as a joke?

(update: the super serious Top Plog Headgear also has this clearly serious hairstyle)

There's dozens of hairstyles, and literally the worst possible option was taken for this hat. For the love of God can we have this changed before it's released?

I personally hardly every wear the hats to any outfits as they are almost always hideous especially on males and screw with the hair style into something ugly. This one.. yuck.. granted I don't like hat either but the hair style alone would keep me from wearing it. 

Gon females get screwed with dumb hairstyles too, with a lot of the hats in this game. We should have an option to allow our current hairstyle to stay the way it is, even if it risks some clipping. Just a check box to say, "Hey, maybe I DON'T want to have a crappy or mediocre hairstyle go with my new hat today".

I also find EVERY eyepatch in this game to look dreadful. The Rosethorn set I bought, I never bother wearing because everything except the dress itself looks horrible. The rose crown has roses in dumb places and doesn't make sense, design-wise. A lot of other outfits force you to wear hats or hairstyles that won't clip through a collar, etc..

The Yura hairstyle itself clips through my Gon female's forhead, where her bangs are. So that's worth little to me. It's bad enough that wings sit at a stupid angle BEHINDY character's back, all because it was to be square and parallel to her back WHILE she's standing there with her hand on her hip. Ugh...

27 minutes ago, RavTH said:

this outfit still not released lul

Other regions get it before we do, from what I've heard. It's kind of silly, since it supposedly came from an NA region contest winner's design. I'm not worried about it, though. It'll come out when it comes out.

5 minutes ago, Shunaia said:

Other regions get it before we do, from what I've heard. It's kind of silly, since it supposedly came from an NA region contest winner's design. I'm not worried about it, though. It'll come out when it comes out.

Actually, even if it's a contest winner here, KR will always get it first, then the regions that get the update earlier than us, then we'll get it (if it's an item that is to be released world wide).

On the point about the hat - in all honesty, it's as ugly as they get. And this tendency to use ugly hairstyles to accentuate the hat items is stupid, as most hair styles are ugly and should be updated with new textures and more hair strands and physics. I mean there is a haircut that make my character's head look like an egg when viewed from behind. Whoever thought that was a good idea to pull off just because they wanted to spare a few polygons and make the hair look nice from all sides of the head, was clearly unsmart.

On 3/21/2018 at 11:00 AM, MassiveEgo said:

Actually, even if it's a contest winner here, KR will always get it first, then the regions that get the update earlier than us, then we'll get it (if it's an item that is to be released world wide).

On the point about the hat - in all honesty, it's as ugly as they get. And this tendency to use ugly hairstyles to accentuate the hat items is stupid, as most hair styles are ugly and should be updated with new textures and more hair strands and physics. I mean there is a haircut that make my character's head look like an egg when viewed from behind. Whoever thought that was a good idea to pull off just because they wanted to spare a few polygons and make the hair look nice from all sides of the head, was clearly unsmart.

I agree. I understand that this game's graphic engines are limited to PS3/XB360 era technology, and that hair physics would mean a LOT of work that the devs are too lazy and untalented to do, but we deserve better.

It seems like their programming skills for new content only involve making new maps, copying and pasting environmental textures, placing NPCS and interactable objects, and writing a half-baked short story for us to click through, while placing "sidegrade" items as our "rewards" after grinding this content for a fourth of a year.

The people in charge of making outfits and hairstyles in BNS have little to no fashion sense. They don't understand that the outfit itself doesn't "fashion" one's character, but rather, should supplement our overall look. If I created a character with a hairstyle that looks great with how my facial/body features look, I want the outfit, with or without a hat, to amplify and accentuate the look that I decided upon,based on my tastes.

In "Monster Hunter World", I really feel that my character is really beautiful, but you only get to see how she looks in character creation/editing and in cutscenes. When you're running around anywhere else, your character's overall graphical quality is somewhat downscaled. It's not AS bad as how it looked in "Final Fantasy XI Online", but it's still not awesome...

In MHW, they have "skins", but they are not 100% cosmetic - they are worn in place as your normal gear, and that sucks.

Archived