question about gunner . does this class has treat skill ?

Superfour

hello guys  sorry for my bad English ,  I play gunner for a while and I have a question about his RMB skill ,  I read on skill tree that said chance to trigger triple treat , so I wonder if in that shot really has triple treat or its just write like this . like a skill name .  pls  if anybody know it and can tell me the answer 

Just now, Gennady said:

I believe that triple threat is a name of a state when you have crosshairs above your head for a second or two and in that time you can press 3 - F to get explosive rounds. If you are talking about fire gunner.

yes the fire gunner i am talking about , so i understand the fire gunner doesn't have threat skill .. so why people said we could be a tank also ?...

In this game aggro depends on DPS. Threat on skills helps to tank but does not guarantee that nobody will take aggro from you. For example, kfm has threat on skills but can't take aggro from someone with significantly higher DPS. And DPS of gunner is great at the moment. Because of that it could be "ranged tank", but only if party is equally or lower geared. As hm8 900- gunner I can't steal aggro from geared hm12 players. But easily can from hm8 with the same gear as me. And sincerely, I would prefer some melee to hold aggro, because when you press tab and than boss starts chasing you, it feels like a waste of tab.

10 minutes ago, Gennady said:

In this game aggro depends on DPS. Threat on skills helps to tank but does not guarantee that nobody will take aggro from you. For example, kfm has threat on skills but can't take aggro from someone with significantly higher DPS. And DPS of gunner is great at the moment. Because of that it could be "ranged tank", but only if party is equally or lower geared. As hm8 900- gunner I can't steal aggro from geared hm12 players. But easily can from hm8 with the same gear as me. And sincerely, I would prefer some melee to hold aggro, because when you press tab and than boss starts chasing you, it feels like a waste of tab.

well right now we are talking about something else  . the gunner has too much dps brust  so you must wait al least they start 3sec or 5sec after , cuz u donlt have a good tank as ur friend u will be so sad that some mele class can not take aggro back ... so u have to tank it ,..

No, Gunners do not have a skill that generates the status "threat". The skill itself is called "Triple Threat" and has nothing to do with drawing aggro.

Triple Threat is a skill that fires a couple shots and instantly fills your explosive rounds to full. For combat outside of your burst (Tab>F>L>F>L>F>L>F>L>F), it's pretty much the skill you'll want to have happen as much as possible to generate those explosive rounds and deal as much DPS as possible. The HMB RMB skill (needs Chilling Flame Elixir) and the Holy Fire soul badge will also help getting Triple Threat going, as it raises the chance to get Detect Weakness (crosshairs) up more frequently, since it's entirely random when it'll pop up.

But no, Gunslingers do not have a threat generating skill.

4 hours ago, Superfour said:

yes the fire gunner i am talking about , so i understand the fire gunner doesn't have threat skill .. so why people said we could be a tank also ?...

When your gunner has similar or above gear than all of your teammates (without proper tanks such as BM or KFM), then it is most likely your gunner will take aggro because of gunner's OP DPS. 

Also, in VT raid boss 1, gunners can be range tank on fire side as I have seen they are the best choice for range tank now due to their high DPS and mobility. High mobility is necessary because if the orb spawn location has bad RNG, only gunner can travel across the map in less than a second with few hooks and then take/share the orbs. 

9 hours ago, Superfour said:

well right now we are talking about something else  . the gunner has too much dps brust  so you must wait al least they start 3sec or 5sec after , cuz u donlt have a good tank as ur friend u will be so sad that some mele class can not take aggro back ... so u have to tank it ,..

Yeah, an end game geared fire gunner can do 2000K dmg at the beginning. Not any of a class can hold thier arrgo.

17 hours ago, SilverFoxR said:

No, Gunners do not have a skill that generates the status "threat". The skill itself is called "Triple Threat" and has nothing to do with drawing aggro.

Triple Threat is a skill that fires a couple shots and instantly fills your explosive rounds to full. For combat outside of your burst (Tab>F>L>F>L>F>L>F>L>F), it's pretty much the skill you'll want to have happen as much as possible to generate those explosive rounds and deal as much DPS as possible. The HMB RMB skill (needs Chilling Flame Elixir) and the Holy Fire soul badge will also help getting Triple Threat going, as it raises the chance to get Detect Weakness (crosshairs) up more frequently, since it's entirely random when it'll pop up.

But no, Gunslingers do not have a threat generating skill.

thanks  i thought it has , 

16 hours ago, FrozenB said:

When your gunner has similar or above gear than all of your teammates (without proper tanks such as BM or KFM), then it is most likely your gunner will take aggro because of gunner's OP DPS. 

Also, in VT raid boss 1, gunners can be range tank on fire side as I have seen they are the best choice for range tank now due to their high DPS and mobility. High mobility is necessary because if the orb spawn location has bad RNG, only gunner can travel across the map in less than a second with few hooks and then take/share the orbs. 

well yes  our tank is a gunner also and he does said its easy to be a tank . but we think fm are more easier to be a tank

Archived