Too Many Buttons

Darkanath

For a fast action combat game, this has too many buttons for combat combos.  I just cant do it.  I played BDO and that game has fewer combo buttons than this game and I had a hard time with that.  For me this is impossible.  Even 15 million dollar fighter jets are easier to control.

1234qwertasdfzxcv(spacebar)(alt) = more than 8 or 9 keys.  Thats actually 19 buttons.  And thats just for one hand.  I think 2 of them are not needed for combat.  Thats too many.  I started playing and once I saw how this was set up I said no way, and quit.

That's the default set. You can customize your keyboard layout and make it for example so that there are less buttons needed, for example

1234 for 4 skills, 1234+shift for 4 other skills, 1234+ctrl for 4 other skills. That already puts 12 skills on 4 keys + ctrl and shift.

Majority other mmo's have 2 or 3 times maybe 4 times more skill buttons than what bns has.

And whats wrong with WASD? Every person has their own personal preference for keyboard layout

Too many combat controls for 1 hand is my issue.  As I already said.  And even though many other MMOs may use as many or more keys, they are not used all used in combat or in complicated combat combos like this game.  By complicated I mean having to use so many different keys at once with one hand and having to remember so many key combinations for use in split second decisions.  I shouldnt have had to explain that difference, but you were attempting to shame me for it.  No other MMO I have ever played was this bad.   But, thats my opinion, and its the main reason why I dont want to play it.

18 minutes ago, HauntedMind said:

Can't believe you added W,A,S,D there. Yeah man, I wish they would remove W,A,S,D, I don't get why every game has them.

For real now, if "too many keys" is your problem then don't play MMOs.

If you were not using WASD, then what are you using?  Arrow keys?  If you are using the arrow keys then your fingers are far from all other other keys u need in combat, which makes it inefficient and awkward/unintuitive

29 minutes ago, Darkanath said:

If you were not using WASD, then what are you using?  Arrow keys?  If you are using the arrow keys then your fingers are far from all other other keys u need in combat, which makes it inefficient and awkward/unintuitive

Do I have to explain sarcasm?

I meant why even complain about WASD when every single game uses those keys for movement?

As far as too many keys for one hand, I have to disagree, you don't use ALL of them at the same time, most of them are situational and not used as much and there's skill rotations for every class. For example as a Warlock, 90% of the time I'm spamming RMB+4, you don't have to choose the hardest class if you're new to the game.

It might look like a lot at the beggining but you get used to your skills by the time you finish story.

Nice controller support could solve control problem (which is really exist, it's hard to press fast zxcv, for example, and sometimes you have like 1 second to use a skill) but dev don't give a cricket about controller support. What do we have is not a support, it's just a formality because of bad and not fully configurable bindings (try to play using triggers as lmb and rmb, your fingers will fall off after few minutes on Logitech f710). Steam controller solves bindings problems but adds movement and aim problems - sticks are not WASD and touchpad/gyro is not the same as a mouse.

2 hours ago, Darkanath said:

For a fast action combat game, this has too many buttons for combat combos.  I just cant do it.  I played BDO and that game has fewer combo buttons than this game and I had a hard time with that.  For me this is impossible.  Even 15 million dollar fighter jets are easier to control.

this maybe will help you in the 11.24 of the bns kr patch notes they said:

-Revamped Controls
In the upcoming patch, we will be introducing a new control mode.

This mode will reduce the number of buttons required in battle and allow one button to chain multiple commands.

Experienced players may not find much use in this new mode but we hope it will help new players who are still struggling.

i didnt find any info in the other notes until now about this change so i dont know if is alredy implemented in kr.

I always wondered if the game would be a little easier on the hands to play on a controller than keyboard+mouse. I usually use a ps4 controller in most games but haven't used it in this one since I got so used to the keyboard and mouse.

2 hours ago, Arkdain said:

this maybe will help you in the 11.24 of the bns kr patch notes they said:

-Revamped Controls
In the upcoming patch, we will be introducing a new control mode.

This mode will reduce the number of buttons required in battle and allow one button to chain multiple commands.

Experienced players may not find much use in this new mode but we hope it will help new players who are still struggling.

i didnt find any info in the other notes until now about this change so i dont know if is alredy implemented in kr.

EZ 2RF KFM combo just by holding LMB

If you think this game has much buttons then you never played any other mmo where it has over 30 to 40 keys to use  bns is one of the most simple keys  and if this is hard for you probably new to pc games  should just go back to console

Archived