Realmrift Supply Chain is way too hard for an event

898005_1452550635

I think I've cleared the thing for about 12 + times or so now - since I have 33 combs at the moment. All I do is just F8 LFP; I have no static team whatsoever, high ping too - but then I play fire FM so ping doesn't hurt as much (300ms+). I just go into F8 hit LFP and what I get is what I get, I make do. I've succeeded with parties that had no soulburn no bluebuff no grab - basically the opposite of meta ever. I remember two: One party had 1 BM, 1 FM (me), 1 SF, 3 GUNs, another with 2 FM, 1 BM, 3 GUNs... Most parties that succeeded had at least grab or either soulburn or bluebuff or both. After all these runs, I have yet to perfect the lever timing - my lever has a 50% 50% success rate.

Most parties I got failed at Poh (just over 12 successful runs out of a lot of LFP), most of the time it's the enrage timer. Doing low dps myself (300ms, what more could I say) it would definitely nice to see a small nerf at Poh's HP. But then even without nerf as of now, with the success chance entirely up in the air, I can still definitely say that I enjoy the dungeon - I'm farming for soulshield after all.

I think mindset has a lot to do with this. If I fail I'm like "Ok move on I guess, nothing I can do about it." While some people, especially guys with the "I'm gonna farm the heck outta this dungeon, hepta obsidian huehuehue..." Those guys are definitely gonna be met with frustration, especially if they do it the LFP way as I do because the dungeon is time consuming, and the success rate isn't even high. I used to have that hardcore mindset, but that pretty much killed my enjoyment with the game, so I dialed it down and to simply put: no longer give a damn about the game anymore (sorry for the language.) The game instantly became more fun when I no longer cared. But then that's just me, some of you guys still do and are heavily invested in progression. If you are one of them, then I can only say good luck.

However, I think that I'm finding the dungeon this much fun has a lot to do with it having a high chance of failure. If I come in knowing 80% I'm gonna succeed, the dungeon would just be a chore, like a movie I already know the ending. Sure it's gonna be a lot easier to farm stuffs, but well it's gonna be boring. And personally, I dislike boredom than the farm. But then I've no longer had that hardcore grinding mindset for a long time so... you may not agree with me here. I think I'm a bit masochistic this way.

Impatient people left - that happens. People who couldn't outrun mobs and blame others for not waiting for them then rage quit + cussing - that also happens (I usually wait a bit to help out if somebody gets stuck but sometimes I just forget about it and jump ahead - I can solo run skip through mobs no problem.) But with time, people will get better at the dungeon and success rate will improve. I know a lot of people have gripes about F8, but being a player who solely F8 LFP everything myself, I would say that it's sometimes a bit nicer to have more faith at strangers. 

I'm still conflicted about wanting the dungeon to be nerf. With nerf and higher success rate, it's gonna be boring in my book. But at the same time, I'd love to see people being more successful with the dungeon.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

the only things you need for this is a good SF/KFM, a FM and a Destroyer. Maybe add a SB and a BB,but honestly - after running it arround 3 times now , as someone who didint play during the 45 Patch,I found it was okay.

it was a challenge,and thats what the goal was by the developers - not to make it a braindead 1 run = 1 material dungeon,but making it challenging aswell as rewarding (merchant at the end/SS). It really just needs some coordination and just timing. Also make sure to always pick up dragonbloods whenever possible.

~~

• 3 weeks later...

Archived