Provide DPS-Meter in 6-man Dungeon for New Players

Destic

So lately we experience alot of changes in PvE. Mainly the nerf on pretty much every dungeon for Normal-Mode, making them just a dps fest, as there is no mechanics to look for. So having that in mind, I was thinking: If a new player doesnt have to concentrate on mechanics in normal mode anymore, why shouldnt he atleast use that free time in dungeons to maximize his/her dps?

I saw way too many people with ridiculously low dps, comparably to their gear, which is just sad, as they will never really realize it.

They dont see their dps, they dont know if its good or if its below average. By offering the DPS-Meter in Normal Mode, they could compare themselves to other people with the same class, and see if they are perfoming well, or worse.

Whats the point of upgrading your gear, if your actual potential is in improving your rotations, as new players mostly lack that. We would avoid this problem by offering them to see their own dps, as it would make them automatically curious, whether other people with the same class deal more or less dmg than them. They would look more into the reason, and into their own rotation, and improve overall dps.

If they have nothing to concentrate on normal mode, let them atleast improve their dps, so they can one day to Hardmode with mechanics. Imagine new players trying to deal with mechanics & learning how to dps. Its just a complete disaster.

I'd like to hear your opinion about this idea.

3 hours ago, Destic said:

So lately we experience alot of changes in PvE. Mainly the nerf on pretty much every dungeon for Normal-Mode, making them just a dps fest, as there is no mechanics to look for. So having that in mind, I was thinking: If a new player doesnt have to concentrate on mechanics in normal mode anymore, why shouldnt he atleast use that free time in dungeons to maximize his/her dps?

I saw way too many people with ridiculously low dps, comparably to their gear, which is just sad, as they will never really realize it.

They dont see their dps, they dont know if its good or if its below average. By offering the DPS-Meter in Normal Mode, they could compare themselves to other people with the same class, and see if they are perfoming well, or worse.

Whats the point of upgrading your gear, if your actual potential is in improving your rotations, as new players mostly lack that. We would avoid this problem by offering them to see their own dps, as it would make them automatically curious, whether other people with the same class deal more or less dmg than them. They would look more into the reason, and into their own rotation, and improve overall dps.

If they have nothing to concentrate on normal mode, let them atleast improve their dps, so they can one day to Hardmode with mechanics. Imagine new players trying to deal with mechanics & learning how to dps. Its just a complete disaster.

I'd like to hear your opinion about this idea.

Since there is no mech in normal mode anymore as you stated, some players are just slacking off. I have seen few players just LMB the boss without using any skills or even afk for a while during boss fight. What can you say? I know they were not lagging or anything because they could iframe and move around to dodge aoe or normal attack and had no delay in bidding.

• 2 months later...

Then you see, for example, you as BM did 100 dragon tongue and the other guy less geared did 250, and know you cant improve your ping to do that.

For me, a global DPS-meter will be another tool to ppl bash each other, while there are tons of things involved in doing a dg other than that.

Well, i like the idea of having the dps meter in normal 6 man party mode.

Some negativity may not be that bad as it will spur others to do better at times. Nothing will ever satisfy the world.

At least the dps meter allows people to have more awareness of their dps especially when they see people of the same level and class doing better in the same party. that curiosity will be good to inspire gear up, or even friendship made when asking on how to attain certain items whether by grinding, buying stuff from F5, spending on F10, etc, all will work towards the direction of what the game developers want. 

If you are making the effort to deal damage, you got nothing to worry about for a dps meter.

Archived