Multiple suggestions thread - Keep Blade and Soul alive

Miayu

I have made a collection of suggestions for changes proposed by other players, and some ideas of my own aswell. 

Wardrobe:

• -Make the use of the wardrobe function to no longer require premium membership.
    • This would help with the inventory issues that f2p players are experiencing and let them enjoy one of the core features of Blade and Soul. Players who buy NCOIN occasionally but don't want to buy premium membership every month would also be more likely to spend money on cash shop costumes. 
  • -Add an account wide wardrobe function to premium membership
    • Adding an account wide wardrobe would still keep premium membership attractive when it comes to costume collectors, as they can use all their costumes on their alts as well.

Evolved stones:

• Increase or add the chance to get evolved stones from the treasure chests when beating bosses in Plog Sanctum, Beastbog, Frostscale Basin, Twisted Grimhorn Wilds and Zaiwei Ruins 
    • the drop rate currently is way too low seeing how many oils are required to keep upgrading soul. Plus the terrors and Blackwyrm in Misty Woods got removed, so players have even fewer ways to farm evolved stones.

Sacred Oil transmuting:

• -Decrease the required amount of evolved stones to transmute Sacred Oil from 25 to 15.
    • This would be due to increasing amounts of Sacred Oils required to upgrade the soul-item. Alternatively, a new  recipe could be added to transmute bound Sacred Oils, which costs less to transmute than the sealed Sacred Oil.

Treasure Trove:

• During the upcoming Treasure Trove -events, players with premium membership have all treasure trove slots open on all their characters.
    • This would compensate the loss of premium Daily Dash benefit during trove.
  • When using keys to open treasure trove, every 40th key used is a guaranteed crit. The chances to get crit rolls in trove would otherwise remain untouched. 
    • This would make players with very bad RNG  luck happier and not feel cheated

Other changes:

• - Make white orbs gotten from Winter Mane's loot in Cold Storage bound to character and disappear upon leaving the dungeon/give it 1 minute timer to use before expiring.
    • This encourages people to use the orb on Kaari Lord thus benefiting the whole party, instead of making a bid war in cross server and selling the orb in f5.
  • -Make it a requirement for players in cross server dungeons to hit the main boss(es) once in order to complete their daily quest and participate in loot bidding.
    • This would discourage people from afking at dungeon entrance in certain dungeons such as yeti/lair.

9 minutes ago, Miayu said:

-Make it a requirement for players in cross server dungeons to hit the main boss(es) once in order to complete their daily quest and participate in loot bidding.

• This would discourage people from afking at dungeon entrance in certain dungeons such as yeti/lair.

I so 1000 % agree to this! >_< It's ridiculous how HM11-15 players with nearly maxed out gears are starting nowadays seem to be the afkers while HM8s work their bums off to kill the bosses and clear the dungeons.

21 minutes ago, Miayu said:

I have made a collection of suggestions for changes proposed by other players, and some ideas of my own aswell. 

Wardrobe:

• -Make the use of the wardrobe function to no longer require premium membership.
    • This would help with the inventory issues that f2p players are experiencing and let them enjoy one of the core features of Blade and Soul. Players who buy NCOIN occasionally but don't want to buy premium membership every month would also be more likely to spend money on cash shop costumes. 
  • -Add an account wide wardrobe function to premium membership
    • Adding an account wide wardrobe would still keep premium membership attractive when it comes to costume collectors, as they can use all their costumes on their alts as well.

Evolved stones:

• Increase or add the chance to get evolved stones from the treasure chests when beating bosses in Plog Sanctum, Beastbog, Frostscale Basin, Twisted Grimhorn Wilds and Zaiwei Ruins 
    • the drop rate currently is way too low seeing how many oils are required to keep upgrading soul. Plus the terrors and Blackwyrm in Misty Woods got removed, so players have even fewer ways to farm evolved stones.

Sacred Oil transmuting:

• -Decrease the required amount of evolved stones to transmute Sacred Oil from 25 to 15.
    • This would be due to increasing amounts of Sacred Oils required to upgrade the soul-item. Alternatively, a new  recipe could be added to transmute bound Sacred Oils, which costs less to transmute than the sealed Sacred Oil.

Treasure Trove:

• During the upcoming Treasure Trove -events, players with premium membership have all treasure trove slots open on all their characters.
    • This would compensate the loss of premium Daily Dash benefit during trove.
  • When using keys to open treasure trove, every 40th key used is a guaranteed crit. The chances to get crit rolls in trove would otherwise remain untouched. 
    • This would make players with very bad RNG  luck happier and not feel cheated

Other changes:

• - Make white orbs gotten from Winter Mane's loot in Cold Storage bound to character and disappear upon leaving the dungeon/give it 1 minute timer to use before expiring.
    • This encourages people to use the orb on Kaari Lord thus benefiting the whole party, instead of making a bid war in cross server and selling the orb in f5.
  • -Make it a requirement for players in cross server dungeons to hit the main boss(es) once in order to complete their daily quest and participate in loot bidding.

Just want to make a comment on your last suggestion.

NCsoft doesn't implement this "Make it a requirement for players in cross server dungeons to hit the main boss(es) once in order to complete their daily quest and participate in loot bidding." because of the LFP button. Imagine if you lfp into yeti/lair and the party is already near the last boss, you would lose the chance to hit the last boss because 99.9%, people won't wait for the new recruit players (plus anyone in HM10+ can solo the bosses anyways). Also, there is another issue with so called "long loading screen".

If they have to implement this to the game, then they have to force LFP button to be only for newly created party in lobby (not in dungeon yet). However, this will create another problem - "What happen if 1 or 2 players disconnect from the game and never comes back and your party needs additional players to dps or do mech?" In this case, they can't use LFP button, but have to either finish with the current number of players in the party or re-run the whole dungeons again.

They can't give party leader direct "kick" button like they do in the raid party because I have seen raid party leader abused this button before. The "vote kick" button won't work either because if the party only has 2 or 3 people, they can easily vote kick the outsider out with only 1-2 votes before starting the boss.

The only thing I can think of is to implement a system that if a player doesn't move, type (in chat), or use any skills for 5 minutes, then there will be a pop up window asking the player to type in 3-4 code mixed with letters and numbers. Failure to do it correctly within 3 tries will result in logging off from game. This function only happens in dungeons. In raid dungeon (like BT, MSP, etc), leader has the active kick button, so there is no need of this system in there.

All they need is a vote kick function to solve the afk problem in dungeons. Also I don't get why nc won't implement free wardrobe, they talk about how they want to match the other regions so then we should get wardrobe for everyone like ALL the other regions then.

14 hours ago, FrozenB said:

Just want to make a comment on your last suggestion.

NCsoft doesn't implement this "Make it a requirement for players in cross server dungeons to hit the main boss(es) once in order to complete their daily quest and participate in loot bidding." because of the LFP button. Imagine if you lfp into yeti/lair and the party is already near the last boss, you would lose the chance to hit the last boss because 99.9%, people won't wait for the new recruit players (plus anyone in HM10+ can solo the bosses anyways). Also, there is another issue with so called "long loading screen".

If they have to implement this to the game, then they have to force LFP button to be only for newly created party in lobby (not in dungeon yet). However, this will create another problem - "What happen if 1 or 2 players disconnect from the game and never comes back and your party needs additional players to dps or do mech?" In this case, they can't use LFP button, but have to either finish with the current number of players in the party or re-run the whole dungeons again.

They can't give party leader direct "kick" button like they do in the raid party because I have seen raid party leader abused this button before. The "vote kick" button won't work either because if the party only has 2 or 3 people, they can easily vote kick the outsider out with only 1-2 votes before starting the boss.

The only thing I can think of is to implement a system that if a player doesn't move, type (in chat), or use any skills for 5 minutes, then there will be a pop up window asking the player to type in 3-4 code mixed with letters and numbers. Failure to do it correctly within 3 tries will result in logging off from game. This function only happens in dungeons. In raid dungeon (like BT, MSP, etc), leader has the active kick button, so there is no need of this system in there.

You know we already can use LFP to join new parties only, right ?

@Miayu

Making the wardrobe available for everyone : I agree.

Making an account-wide wardrobe : I disagree. Some of the costumes aren't even bound to account. Also, the price to trade bound to account items is already low enough, you don't need to use the same outfit on every single character you have. I do not like it when I see a lot of people wear the same outfit, the diversity is what makes me screenshot so often to modify some pics and make them gorgeous :D

Evolved Stone : Yeah, we need them to be less RNG and we also need to be able to get them in end game dungeons and/or in pvp.

Sacred Oil : Don't really care about this one.

Make premium get all slots in Trove for free : I strongly disagree, it will make the F2P community mad. I'd change your suggestion for "once you've a slot, it stays unlocked next time the same trove happens (like if you unlocked every winter trove's slot, then next winter trove you won't have to unlock everything 1 more time.

The 40th key means a free crit : Useless, I disagree.

Make a white orb obtained in Cold Storage disappear after you leave the dungeon : I strongly disagree. Last boss is useless anyway.

Make a 1 hit restriction for boss rewards : Completely useless. First of all, we have portals that does the same thing. Also, most AFK are in Necro or Gloom and they only go AFK during the waves, so it would take time and make potential bugs for nothing.

Archived