Ridiculous amounts of points lost due to dc.

Destic

I already made a topic, probably even two, about this retarded system they use in Arena & Battleground, where you lose 50 points when your game crashes and you dc from the round. 

50 Points. The equivalent of 5 WINS. 5 Wins, not something that just happens in 5 rounds, no. So I lost 50 Points + the Points due to an actual loss, which was together probably 70 in BG. That is a retarded amount of Points as the rounds take more than 10 minutes, and you get like 10-13 points for a win. Seriously, this is just making you lose lust to even bother playing pvp in this game. How can you punish someone for gamebugs that cant be prevented? Its not like Im the only guy dcing from the server, its just the horrible optimization of this game making it happen every now and then.

Seriously, change this method of penalizing people, this is not acceptable as a method. It makes everyone lose hope & lust to reach any higher rankings because the game decides to remove earnings that you got in the last 3 hours of playing. "What? You played 10 games and won 7 out of them? Wait, let me just remove those points, so you are back where you have been a few hours ago." 

I totally agree. Just got a network error and when I will be back I will probably have those -60 pts.

Couldn't play my match, freewin for the guy who tagged me and free 60 pts loss for me. Seems fair.

My advice is to add a timer of dc, when you leave more than twice in a row with a 30min timer you get your 60 pts deduction for the third time, otherwise you don't.

This should prevent people losing those points because of a shitty connection or tag error .

Ps: Did I forgot to say it was my first match of the day ? anyway I'm sure Ncsoft will not take this topic into account...

I understand that it is frustrating, but it's far from being "ridiculous".. before the penalty on leaving a match, there were people who left EVERY single match they were losing (or they think they'd lose, which is enormously annoying especially for 6vs6). So I'd rather accept one or two penalties for disconnects instead of having at least one person leave every 6vs6. Sadly, every change making it more user-friendly will also allow new exploits.

I have loset 5x60 points because of that one of them 2 member of my team dc and i have n't enough dps (thats new for me) even if i didn't dc or afk i lost 60 points , one of them we had 2 horns captured and 3rd was 20m away held by sin and boom dc, I say bring reconnect and rejoin old pt system back and if the player not back in time apply the punishment

3 hours ago, RoyalDiamond said:

I have loset 5x60 points because of that one of them 2 member of my team dc and i have n't enough dps (thats new for me) even if i didn't dc or afk i lost 60 points , one of them we had 2 horns captured and 3rd was 20m away held by sin and boom dc, I say bring reconnect and rejoin old pt system back and if the player not back in time apply the punishment

If you didn't afk or dc, there is no way you would lose 60 points. (AFK here means that you have dealt AND received 0 dmg in the whole match)

As long as you have some damage, even you lose the match, you would lose max -25 points. (Normally, it is around -5 to -20 points if you lose a match. It depends on both team total ranking. For example, if your teams are all gold rank and the other teams are all silver rank. You would lose more points if you lose in this match).

4 hours ago, FrozenB said:

If you didn't afk or dc, there is no way you would lose 60 points. (AFK here means that you have dealt AND received 0 dmg in the whole match)

As long as you have some damage, even you lose the match, you would lose max -25 points. (Normally, it is around -5 to -20 points if you lose a match. It depends on both team total ranking. For example, if your teams are all gold rank and the other teams are all silver rank. You would lose more points if you lose in this match).

I thought the same as you untill i suffered from it, i sent ticket to bns support they told me its normal system reaction and they have nothing to do, clan mates confirmed you must do some dmg .

le0FNgesRPWOI-AM7cpAxg.jpg

This seems very unusual to lose that many points without a D/C. I have never had that, as said above it usually ranges below 25 points. I once even lost 0 points, no idea how that was calculated (I was facing a lot of gold ranks at that match, though).

My only guess would be that the very low 7k damage you did during the match somehow counted as "afk" and was given a -60 penalty. The number 60 seems suspicious, it is probably not elo calculated but a penalty imposed by the system thinking you were exploiting (I am not saying the system is right!).

On 14.6.2017 at 2:11 AM, RoyalDiamond said:

I thought the same as you untill i suffered from it, i sent ticket to bns support they told me its normal system reaction and they have nothing to do, clan mates confirmed you must do some dmg .

Below 10k dmg is counted as afk as far as I know that's why you lost 60 points.

6 hours ago, Zedonia said:

Below 10k dmg is counted as afk as far as I know that's why you lost 60 points.

Who know actually how much minimum dmg is needed so the system counts you as not afk  @admins "It's TOP SECRET rules players shouldn't know about it" lol -.-

Archived