Buying keys and free to play

The big question is what's the point? What's the point of buying keys now when you could have gotten double the worth for your money for buying them earlier? What's the point of being a free player when all the work you put into catching up goes down the drain during trove and with this it's double? I was planning on buying keys but I'm not going to do it now because I don't feel like it's worth it. I love the game but things like this really hurt the player base. Then there's the 3h maintenance which only benefits people who bought keys. I wanted to farm when I got home from work. Now I can't do that and I'm not getting any compensation. Only ones benefitting from this maintenance are people who spent money on keys, everyone else is actually LOSING the only way to catch up - spending time on this game.

Just now, Thefieldofnone said:

The big question is what's the point? What's the point of buying keys now when you could have gotten double the worth for your money for buying them earlier? What's the point of being a free player when all the work you put into catching up goes down the drain during trove and with this it's double? I was planning on buying keys but I'm not going to do it now because I don't feel like it's worth it. I love the game but things like this really hurt the player base. Then there's the 3h maintenance which only benefits people who bought keys. I wanted to farm when I got home from work. Now I can't do that and I'm not getting any compensation. Only ones benefitting from this maintenance are people who spent money on keys, everyone else is actually LOSING the only way to catch up - spending time on this game.

F2P here.... Again  lets not write shit just cause you hadn't got keys... which you could from HM coin (20 keys) or any number of bundles from some other player selling them

i don't trove and i still don't understand the ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ load of threads emerging today on this forum posting the same shit again and again

Cant please everyone,

There are several ways in which NC could have taken, but given the other options this was probably the best choice. The real plus side, is things will become, or should be coming down in cost on the market.. so that every F2P person should be happy about.  I think NC chose the correct path, while this decision will cause some grief, the end result is bigger in the end. 

14 minutes ago, Thefieldofnone said:

So many F2p babies out there, makes me sad to be one of you. Don't cry on forums because you decided not to buy keys. 

Just to clarify, I'm not free to play, I troved last time. I'm quite the whale myself, I'm just worried what this will do to the player base. The number of people playing this game has been going up, but things like these can really hurt the game. Overall I think trove is not a good thing, it should be more focused on cosmetics or things that will help you if you spend more time in game, like resets and so on. Glad to see that some of the f2p players are fine with this, even though the replies were quite rude :D

So basically you're upset that people who spent money and didn't get a chance at what was advertised are being reimbursed for what was spent? 

Our money that we spent? Who are you suppose to be to whine about someone else's dollar? The notion that we who spend money have no lives is childish. I work 70+ hours a week and have to manage all sorts of shit during my days off. I'm fortunate enough to enjoy having things I worked for. If I spend my hard earned dollar on something I expect to whats advertised. Keep in mind that you are playing a game for FREE. Quit getting caught up in your feelings.

I remember years ago when this game was in dev people were speculating it'd end up sub2play and it was going to be but it ended being f2p instead. Be glad people are spending money so you can play the game for free. People who are f2p and love to rag on paying players at every ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ on cotton annoy the ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ outta me. If you were a mature adult you'd know you have no place ranting about what other adults spend their shit on especially if the long term result is you getting a service for free because of them. A lot of people will argue that point but the reality is that this game doesn't run on donations. You're just being bitter and jealous, stop it.

edit: I posted this in the wrong topic but it pretty much applies to the whole general section right now so don't take it personal.

All I see on the forums today are non-paying users criticizing NCSoft decisions saying it was BS, not because the refund did not take back the items they got, but because they didn't buy keys, so they couldn't abuse this...

28 minutes ago, Recla said:

As usual the whales are made fatter while those that have lives and aren't up at 2am for the first hour of release lose out.

Since when did casual players' goal was to be the strongest in a game ?

With the story, you basically get maxed out Ivorymoon weapon path. Then, reaching legendary needs a bit of grinding, but you can easily do it AND reach up to stage 6 kind of easily too. You also get free HM6, which means an awesome bonus of AP... In other words, doing the content up to EC/DT is easy, which is kind of good enough as a casual player, don't you think ?

3 minutes ago, Moonstruck said:

Since when did casual players' goal was to be the strongest in a game ?

With the story, you basically get maxed out Ivorymoon weapon path. Then, reaching legendary needs a bit of grinding, but you can easily do it AND reach up to stage 6 kind of easily too. You also get free HM6, which means an awesome bonus of AP... In other words, doing the content up to EC/DT is easy, which is kind of good enough as a casual player, don't you think ?

I guess you're right.

Just now, 897647_1452550632 said:

im pissed because i don't had a chance to even buy keys, they were already locked when i first come in, but i wasnt going to post nothing because  of that.

That only means NCSoft were fast enough to spot the problem, which is a good thing, isn't it ? Their goal wasn't to purposefully make an error in the code to let whales get extra keys the day after. As soon as they spotted the problem, they needed to act fast, which they did.

After this, what do you want the support to do ? Most of the paying users must have either used the ressources they got or sold the materials to someone else. This someone else must have used the mats for themselves after buying them (which is what I would have done)... They were able to take back the exp from the previous exp scroll bug, so they did. However, how wpuld they take back stuff that have already been sold and used by either the owner or the one who bought it ?

I mean, imagine if you didn't trove, but used a lot of your gold to buy mats and get your weapon from Stage 3 to Stage 10, and then, you log in the day after with a Stage 3 weapon...

8 minutes ago, Moonstruck said:

All I see on the forums today are non-paying users criticizing NCSoft decisions saying it was BS, not because the refund did not take back the items they got, but because they didn't buy keys, so they couldn't abuse this...

im pissed because i don't had a chance to even buy keys, they were already locked when i first come in, but i wasnt going to post nothing because  of that.

45 minutes ago, Thefieldofnone said:

Just to clarify, I'm not free to play, I troved last time. I'm quite the whale myself, I'm just worried what this will do to the player base. The number of people playing this game has been going up, but things like these can really hurt the game. Overall I think trove is not a good thing, it should be more focused on cosmetics or things that will help you if you spend more time in game, like resets and so on. Glad to see that some of the f2p players are fine with this, even though the replies were quite rude :D

if your talking about my reply on this thread.... oh well.. sorry, but after the Nth thread about the same thing where salty players where just raging (cause they lost nothing at all,  just NOT WON something).... i got a bit fed up of the "proper" reply....

6 hours ago, Emerald Sun said:

....Be glad people are spending money so you can play the game for free. People who are f2p and love to rag on paying players at every ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ on cotton annoy the ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ outta me. If you were a mature adult you'd know you have no place ranting about what other adults spend their shit on especially if the long term result is you getting a service for free because of them...

If you were mature enough you'll know that this game cant run without free to play players, who will farm the mats and golds you buy ? if you were mature enough you'll know that in every decent game when an exploit/bug happen there is a rollback, there were no gems crits but mats, mean some people made free thousands golds wednesday, you got free candies you do not deserve and give you an unfair advange and you argue to keep it, that doesnt look mature but i kind of understand...human behavior....and to conculde if you were mature enough you would not support such event that are not based on having fun but on how many $ you can milk from players base.

Archived