Request to insert settings in game launcher.

iColdSixEight

6 hours ago, Ahrigato1 said:

In my opinion I wouldn't think this is bannable but they do say that your account is at risk even if you enable dps meters or mess with any game files in general. But beside that. I've seen and know that a LOT of CN and TW players play with the GCD modified but it may have been patched or soon to be patched because it's now a fixed number in the KR test servers and might soon be implemented in NA/EU. But as of now I'm sure a lot of people are aware of this or have already been using it from the start. Like people with higher ping for instance or people who play from those regions on NA. The only way I can actually see this being bannable is if its used in PvP/6v6. But if you use it in PvE, I don't see the harm other than messing with the files in general.

Nothing is going to stop people from thinking "this will give me an edge in PvP" though, are we truly relying on people to be honest and only use this for PvE, because we all know that people in general suck, and will utilise any and all exploits available to gain an advantage.

Anyone that thinks it's not going to go down like this is naive and needs to learn a life lesson or two.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

For people who think this as a hack that gives high-ping players the advantage of low-ping players, this is not.

For example, let take Summoner's usual weaving of LMB RMB in Earth build. Whether high ping or low ping, you button smash should be at the same speed.

With global latency set at 100, a low-ping players will do LMB RMB LMB RMB LMB RMB LMB RMB, shooting a Sunflower and a Rosethorn alternative to each other. However, for a high-ping players, their command input sometimes get overwritten onto each other, result in LMB RMB LMB LMB RMB LMB RMB. It means that sometimes, high-ping players will shoot two Rosethorn between Sunflowers. This is a bad thing to have, since it slow downs your Sunflower firing rate, thus lower your DPS.

If you set global latency to a more suitable speed, then high-ping Summoner can do the same rotation as low-ping players: no 2 Rosethorn in between two Sunflower, cuz the game has enough time to differ between two commands instead of mixing them up. Please notice that their firing speed is still reliant on ping: High-ping Summoner still have much slower firing rate compared to low-ping. It smooths out the gameplay and make skills more responsive for high-ping players, but do not miraculously change them to have the same potential of low-ping players.

If you want Wind Summoner's example, then at global latency of 100, sometimes, high-ping Summoner will see a cast bar if they stand still casting LMB RMB. This means that a LMB command does not get registered properly, and RMB has overwitten it. RMB without LMB will result in Rumblebee in cast bar, thus affecting your DPS. This can be eliminated by constantly moving so that that the cast bar won't ever pop up, but you get the idea.

22 minutes ago, 855967_1452550250 said:

I second that. If it helps ppl to tackle with high pings, why not? Seems nobody get's harmed, if we can chose global latency ourself in a predefined range of 100 or above. 

So What happens when you choose the wrong setting, you have to quit and keep logging on and experimenting until you find the correct setting. This should be automatic by the client or nothing! This should never be something that the user can adjust, it doesn't make sense!!

So you join a Naryu Foundry/Sanctum or Desolate Tomb hard dungeon, are you going to tell them: "Sorry i need to log in and out 5 times to get the right latency settings!"

You'll get kicked so fast you'll feel it!

Automatic or never implemented.

10 minutes ago, Kaigame said:

So What happens when you choose the wrong setting, you have to quit and keep logging on and experimenting until you find the correct setting. This should be automatic by the client or nothing! This should never be something that the user can adjust, it doesn't make sense!!

So you join a Naryu Foundry/Sanctum or Desolate Tomb hard dungeon, are you going to tell them: "Sorry i need to log in and out 5 times to get the right latency settings!"

You'll get kicked so fast you'll feel it!

Automatic or never implemented.

fixed 100 < configuration < automatic adjusts and updates over time

sure all in for automatic settings, but having it conf instead of no option ... i still prefere conf.

38 minutes ago, Kaigame said:

As said before, auto > anything else if it works. But that takes a lot of work to implement correctly.

To answer your question, it depends how wrong it is and in which direction:
Slightly too low/too high -> very little difference from the correct setting

Much too low -> behaves the same as it currently does with fixed 100

Much too high -> can't cast skills as often

It would still be playable unless it's much too high and you need to do certain mechanics (e.g. Zakhan stealth); I doubt many would bother tweaking it multiple times during a run.

On top of that, it should be fairly consistent for most players, i.e. you'd only have to set it once per computer.

• 3 weeks later...

Thing is...

You are tampering the game files, therefore you are hacking the game... because you are gaining an advantage against other players oblivious to this "setting"(since it isnt a setting otherwise it would  be in the options menu inside the game, meaning developers do not want you to be able to change this thing) .

Regardless of what you could bring as a valid argument to why this should not be considered a hack, i just need to remind you that by changing this value you are reducing the delay in which you can use a skill after another, effectively increasing your skills attack speed (there are items that do that and they are carefully designed to not break the game balance or make a given class op).

Now if you are to use this freely you would have what we have already in Arena, KFM's blocking attacks permanently even  when they are knocked down or about to rise,Blade dancers spinning immediately after an assasin's turning leaf (this skill changes places with your target; after the switch takes place your opponent is immobilized for 1-2 secs, you can see "top" pvp arena players having lower tab escape cooldown, sometimes they can use it within less than 25 secs after the last time (tab escape has a fixed 32-38 secs cooldown in arena, outside arena you can lower it with items), some people seem like they are teleporting while in a duel, they are spamming skills faster than the opponents client can render the animation, and its not lag since if it was lag the skill wouldnt trigger status ailments on you or wouldnt hit you yet they do.

Also take in consideration regarding pve, you could take down bosses or any other challenge the game offers that you would normally struggle to do or complete or  at all, you could also make more money by running infinity tower faster and reaching higher floors than your gear allows, mushin tower, BT, and dont forget the current event that gives you a special box if you deal 10% damage or the last hit IIRC.

dont hack dude, its a shame you cant play the game at its fullest, but thats not an excuse to suggest a change that potentially breaks the weak and delicate balance this game has (if there is any whatsoever)

On that video the guy explains very clear that editing the global cooldown makes a high ping player hits with the same speed as a low-ping player.

So you can understand better i'm gonna use Blade Master Flicker skill as an example:

Low ping = ~0.3sec between each flicker.

High ping = ~0.5sec between each flicker.

Editing the XML magically makes the high-ping player have ~0.3sec between each flicker.

So what's the advantage here? A high ping player having the SAME attack speed as a low ping player? Again, where is the advantage?

Someone said  it can be exploitable, well, the standard value is 100, if you put 500, your attack will bug out and be slower than anything. So you CAN'T ABUSE IT, is that hard to understand? Anything over 250 will just end on SLOWER attack speed than before.

If you already have less than 100ms, editing the xml will NOT work for you, it does not gonna make your attack insanelly ultra fast.

What people are asking for is so NCsoft make it standard for everyone, since it gives high-players a much better gameplay and does not give anyone advantage over anyone. The guy said in the video "we don't want to use edited files", I agree with him.

2 hours ago, raiklock said:

What people are asking for is so NCsoft make it standard for everyone, since it gives high-players a much better gameplay and does not give anyone advantage over anyone. The guy said in the video "we don't want to use edited files", I agree with him.

How can making this setting adjustable make anything standard? that comment doesn't make sense!!!

Automatic or nothing! Stop asking people to modify their game! This thread should be closed and removed from the boards.

2 hours ago, Kaigame said:

How can making this setting adjustable make anything standard? that comment doesn't make sense!!!

Automatic or nothing! Stop asking people to modify their game! This thread should be closed and removed from the boards.

What doesn't makes sense? I'll try to be as clear as crystal so you can understand..

1 - Do you play with high ping? Do you know the struggle of having a slow attack speed? Do you know the frustration of seeing someone by your side attack 2x or 3x faster than you? Do you know that high ping players is a VERY LARGE portion of NA/EU population?

2 - The standard value in the XML is "100" for global cooldown. Making it "250" will benefit ALL high ping players, their attack speed will be the SAME as low ping players.

3 - Can't abuse it, if you try to abuse it putting a value like "500". The game bugs out and your attack end up being slower than before. Did you understand this? Let's continue.

4 - A low ping player using the value "250" has ZERO impact on the gameplay, because their global cooldown is already the fast as the game can support. THE GLOBAL COOLDOWN HAS A SPEED CAP, it can't be exploited. Did you get it? Does it makes sense now? Can you understand that this gives no advantage to whoever uses "250" ??

5 - We're asking NCsoft not to make it adjustable BY US, but lock the XML and make "250" a standard value so we don't have to edit shit to have a good gameplay. I'm NOT asking anyone to edit files, in the video the guy does not teach how to do it because editing is against ToS, we KNOW that and we want to not edit anymore.

6 - High ping players coming back to the game, because if you don't know MANY of them leave every day because of the attack speed frustration, the Australian community is almost non-existant because they play with 230ms, South America community is almost dead, the game is almost unplayable at that ping. It would bring them back, imagine how many players it would benefit.

7 - Are you still reading? Good, did you understand this time? A quick recap for you: Can't abuse the values on XML, it gives no advantage, we're asking for "250" to be a standard value instead of "100" so we don't have to edit anything, it would benefit everyone.

8 - NCsoft would make way more money, population would increase by a LOT, people would stop asking for a server in their region. 

9 - Imagine a high ping player watching that video and thinking "I can attack fast like that? OMG shut up and take my money".

I don't know how to be more clear than that for you, if you can't understand now, i'm sorry i'm done.

39 minutes ago, raiklock said:

What doesn't makes sense? I'll try to be as clear as crystal so you can understand..

5 - We're asking NCsoft not to make it adjustable BY US, but lock the XML and make "250" a standard value so we don't have to edit shit to have a good gameplay. I'm NOT asking anyone to edit files, in the video the guy does not teach how to do it because editing is against ToS, we KNOW that and we want to not edit anymore.

^^^^^^^

Don't get me wrong, i'm all in for having everyone on a level playing field, but i don't think explaining how to modify game files and potentially getting people banned is the way to go about it. This thread was started, and it's title is a request for a user adjustable setting, i still think this is beyond idiotic and my standpoint will not change, the end user should never have any control, or be able to to affect anything which controls how often attacks work.

That being said, if changing this setting to 250 instantly makes the game better for everyone, then surely there is a simple reason why it hasn't already been done, i mean it's their code and their game, you'd think they would know right? they put that setting in there in the first place! I really doubt that it's as simple as you are making it out to be. I'm also sure you are not aware of all of the ramifications of making this change, from both a server and client perspective. Or maybe i'm just giving NCSoft way too much credit. :)

Either way it would be really nice if a dev/member of staff/anyone official would chime in on this subject, as this topic is going nowhere fast.

32 minutes ago, Kaigame said:

^^^^^^^

Don't get me wrong, i'm all in for having everyone on a level playing field, but i don't think explaining how to modify game files and potentially getting people banned is the way to go about it. This thread was started, and it's title is a request for a user adjustable setting, i still think this is beyond idiotic and my standpoint will not change, the end user should never have any control, or be able to to affect anything which controls how often attacks work.

That being said, if changing this setting to 250 instantly makes the game better for everyone, then surely there is a simple reason why it hasn't already been done, i mean it's their code and their game, you'd think they would know right? they put that setting in there in the first place! I really doubt that it's as simple as you are making it out to be. I'm also sure you are not aware of all of the ramifications of making this change, from both a server and client perspective. Or maybe i'm just giving NCSoft way too much credit. :)

Either way it would be really nice if a dev/member of staff/anyone official would chime in on this subject, as this topic is going nowhere fast.

I completely agree with you that the end user should never be able to edit game files because we both know what it can be done in the wrong hands..

The title and OP's logic is wrong, he didn't know how to express himself because of the language barrier, i've talked to him on our main language. 

The video posted on the first page doesn't teach how to edit the file and, it could be dangerous  and get plenty people banned.

I'll be honest, from a player who knows NCsoft since Lineage 1 gold days, I think you're giving them too much credit. The XML is a pure playground in the wrong hands, their source code is more open and vulnerable than you think.

If the devs team would test the value changes and concludes that it's a good change, so be it, implement it as standard value and everyone wins. If they decide to lock the XML and ignore the players, many people that are using this will leave again and other players will find another breach to edit the file.

I don't know anything about computers so I try to stay way from topics like this. But as person who plays with 200 ~ 300 ms, yes I would love to play like people with low ping however, if there is even a slight chance that someone can play around with game files and mess up the entire BnS game community, I'll pass.

One of the best example of how game community can destroyed by people playing with game file is Aion.

All most all who were on top PVP rank turned out to be the ones with no animation.

to save themselves from embarrassment, most of them disappeared after an update that fixed this issue, but some came back and got humiliated by legit players. but this was after huge portion of community already left the game. I rather put up with my high ping then to deal with cheaters.

12 minutes ago, hwalien said:

I don't know anything about computers so I try to stay way from topics like this. But as person who plays with 200 ~ 300 ms, yes I would love to play like people with low ping however, if there is even a slight chance that someone can play around with game files and mess up the entire BnS game community, I'll pass.

One of the best example of how game community can destroyed by people playing with game file is Aion.

All most all who were on top PVP rank turned out to be the ones with no animation.

to save themselves from embarrassment, most of them disappeared after an update that fixed this issue, but some came back and got humiliated by legit players. but this was after huge portion of community already left the game. I rather put up with my high ping then to deal with cheaters.

As I said before, global cooldown has a cap on how much it can be lowered, so you can't abuse the system.

Yes, editing one single value on the XML can make you attack with the same speed as someone with ping 40. But as you said you won't do it to not put your account on risk, but imagine if NCsoft do the changes and you with 230ms can be as fast as someone with 40ms.

19 minutes ago, raiklock said:

As I said before, global cooldown has a cap on how much it can be lowered, so you can't abuse the system.

Yes, editing one single value on the XML can make you attack with the same speed as someone with ping 40. But as you said you won't do it to not put your account on risk, but imagine if NCsoft do the changes and you with 230ms can be as fast as someone with 40ms.

I'm not saying your ideas are bad nor am I worried about my account being band since I'm not going to change anything besides getting auto update from BnS. and since I don't know how this global ping thing works I'm not even going to argue with you. I'm just saying please make sure no one can play around with this before any changes are made.

14 minutes ago, hwalien said:

I'm not saying your ideas are bad nor am I worried about my account being band since I'm not going to change anything besides getting auto update from BnS. and since I don't know how this global ping thing works I'm not even going to argue with you. I'm just saying please make sure no one can play around with this before any changes are made.

Don't worry, people tried to play around with this and got banned. 

One guy changed his account premium rate, he bought 1 item and got instant premium level 10, he got banned.

Another guy changed the minimum distance he can hit the boss, so he was hitting the boss from 40m away, he got banned.

I know plenty people that changed the global cooldown value, none got banned and they all gonna leave the game if they can't play with fast attack speed again.

I won't give you the sources where they posted these cases with proof because reasons.

It is just interesting that GM hasn't been taken any actions on this post at all for this long time. Does it mean they approve people doing this kind of modification?

If not, this post would have been locked and removed by GM long time ago.

On 5/15/2017 at 10:40 PM, Shinobi X said:

Regardless of what you could bring as a valid argument to why this should not be considered a hack, i just need to remind you that by changing this value you are reducing the delay in which you can use a skill after another, effectively increasing your skills attack speed (there are items that do that and they are carefully designed to not break the game balance or make a given class op).

This is where you're missing the point. The idea is only to INCREASE the cooldown to match high ping, not reduce it to cheat. The entire point of all this is that having too low of a global cooldown compared to ping introduces incorrect behavior and increasing cooldowns to match fixes said issues.

16 hours ago, FrozenB said:

It is just interesting that GM hasn't been taken any actions on this post at all for this long time. Does it mean they approve people doing this kind of modification?

If not, this post would have been locked and removed by GM long time ago.

^^^^^

This!!! It would be nice to get an official standpoint, either this topic is ok, and modding is allowed(which to a limited extent it is), or it's not and we shouldn't be discussing this here on the official game forums.

• NCSOFT

Hi,

While I can't make any promises that we'll make adjustments to the global latency settings, I'd like to assure you that we've read and forwarded your feedback.

Regarding modifications to the game client:

No, we don't allow individual modifications to the game client, as any modification of settings or replacement of files can lead to a permanent suspension of your game account.

41 minutes ago, Bronn said:

Hi,

While I can't make any promises that we'll make adjustments to the global latency settings, I'd like to assure you that we've read and forwarded your feedback.

No, we don't allow individual modifications to the game client, as any modification of settings or replacement of files can lead to a permanent suspension of your game account.

Thanks!

18 hours ago, Bronn said:

Hi,

Also like to add:

since it does seem just that one variable can somewhat make the game work at high ping almost as well as played at low ping. Maybe also other factors can be looked into too so that playing BnS at high ping doesn't feel that depressing. Thus somehow the game could be fix to make high ping not too much a lost. It looks to me it may just need to be looked into a bit and maybe a way better solution can be found.

I have been playing BnS since the second day of launch or so. Personally if I knew how much ping would ruin the game at high levels when I started this game, I would have never played it at all. Unfortunately  I only start to realize this at high levels and thus have already invested a lot of time, effort and money into this game thus it's kidna and feel somewhat a waste to just leave the game but many times I do feel like it. [Sadly I don't have a time machine to go back in time and inform myself of this]. Plus with the latest update to BM which make DT faster which really is a buff has become a severe nerf  when having high ping making the game even more sad to play. It's not even a real nerf is just a nerf to high ping players only. Which I feel is very bad for BnS to do since  high ping player were already suffering and now have to suffer even more!

So it would also be nice if this variable can be looked into plus maybe other factors too that may make the game fun even at high ping. Plus also people possibly would stop requesting local server all around the world too and just play here.

13 hours ago, Bronn said:

Hi,

If you guys needs some kind of assistance with testing I'd like to help and give further informations.

Since your testing team is on U.S, you guys won't experience high-ping gameplay, I play with 150ms so I offer myself to help you guys undestanding how all this XML and global latency works for high-ping players.

18 hours ago, Bronn said:

Hi,

Thanks! this is super nice to hear, playing from Australia and possibly being able to have a somewhat even playing field in this game for once is so exciting...fast flicker looks so fun :( hope some change like this is made! would also help test haha.

22 hours ago, Bronn said:

Hi,

Thanks for doing that! I had a friend who unfortunately stopped playing because of that. Yes before he left he tried this. He lives in the sea region and tried it with his 350 ping. He told me and tested with me that the improvement is "INSANE" and he tried on other classes and skills, it doesn't work for every skill or class, but it evens it. He told me it's even easier to do iframes and ccs. Unfortunately he didn't want to keep playing because he didn't want to seem wrong by editing it. 

I'm telling u follow what these ppl said it will bring ppl back and will keep ppl in. Oh and the only cost u'll have is to afford more servers hehe

Archived