Lightning Combo: Wich way to go?

Rashgarroth

Hello guys!

As a new sin (my alt class), I have a doubt about the Lightning build.

I was testing three ways to combo with Lightning build and i'm really confuse with wich way is better do deal higher damage.

To explain better my question, let me show what i tried:

In the begining, i was using the combo with Lightning Crash. As its easier to ani-cancel and requires less skill points i found it quite secure to use. The skills distribution points had nothing special.

The best part of this mode is that i can use dark build too, with Dark Strike.

Some time later, i got skilled with Lightning Pierce, wich is stronger, but i was constantly finding myself out of focus.

Heart Stab and Lightning Pierce both, have high consume of focus and no regen. While Shadow Drain helps with that, it has a 12sec cooldown.

These days, I was reading the skills and found that Lightning Pierce and Lightning Rod works really well together.

Then i was trying to ani-cancel with Lightning Rod tier 3 stage 3 too, since it recovers focus and deals high damage. It has a 6sec cooldown, but Lightning Pierce decreases this cooldown in the same 6 seconds.

Then i was training to ani-cancel RMB > F > 4, but man, its hard.

So, before I have the trouble of mastering this last combo, I wanna know from you:

Is it better to go for Heart Stab > Lightning Crash to have access to Dark Strike?

Is it better to go for Heart Stab > Lightning Pierce for more damage and if yes, what could helps out with focus issues?

Is it better to go for Heart Stab > Lightning Pierce > Lightning Rod?

You should have no focus issues with 4/RMB/F, 4 recovers 3 focus, the cost of rmb/f, and is useable after every F with 5 poison stacks and every 2nd F with less poison stacks.  Shadow drain should be more than enough to cover the focus cost if you get low, X can also be used to recover 2 focus.  If you really have a hard time doing 4/rmb/f you can switch to lightning crash and just rmb/f with no issues.

Lightning Crash is meant for focus sustainability in the lower levels. This is because you need to learn Lightning Rod at level 42 to successfully manage your focus with Lightning Pierce, or you'll just be starved. The true Lightning rotation at endgame is Heart Stab -> Lightning Pierce -> Lightning Rod, while learning how to maintain 5x poison stacks.

Lightning Pierce and Lightning Rod are intentionally designed to be slower, as both deal a lot of damage and stealth stance grants 30% critical damage. Lightning Rod was originally designed to NOT be able to ani-cancel at all, now it's allowed but only in a specific window so it's limited to a level of skill instead of always being slower.

In short, Lightning Crash until level 42, Lightning Pierce/Lightning Rod after.

On 5.12.2016 at 9:29 PM, Rashgarroth said:

These days, I was reading the skills and found that Lightning Pierce and Lightning Rod works really well together.

Then i was trying to ani-cancel with Lightning Rod tier 3 stage 3 too, since it recovers focus and deals high damage. It has a 6sec cooldown, but Lightning Pierce decreases this cooldown in the same 6 seconds.

Then i was training to ani-cancel RMB > F > 4, but man, its hard.

I had the same problem and I changed my Keybinds.

RMB -> LMB

F -> RMB

LMB -> RMB

Combo is now LMB > RMB > 4. It plays little bit like FM, but you have to learn how to use other things on these 3 buttons again. To talk with a NPC -> RMB, double stun -> F, double kd/daze -> 2 > RMB and so on. At start it's little bit strange, but at least it's better. For PvP I use normal keybinds, that needs to rebind keys every time, but on this way I can play pretty good.

If you're having trouble anicancelling lightning pierce and lightning rod, don't anicancel them and just use lightning rod occasionally to restore focus. It's still more damage than heartstab with lightning crash in my experience unless you go dark build.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived