Bot Responses in Tower of Infinity

DeadlyCode

What is this unrealistic bullshit? You have set up these bots to counter INSTANTLY when you press LMB or RMB, they literally activate their counter BEFORE your attack gets to them. If you pay attention while you fight classes SIN and SF specially you will notice that they NEVER use their counter UNLESS you use RMB or LMB and when you do their counter INSTANTLY triggers. For example, as FM if you throw RMB as soon as you press the button the bot uses his counter and since most of us have some sort of latency their skill will register before the ice ball hits them. 

This is so ridiculous and annoying, do they think we are all connected to their crap servers with 0 ms? I think they really want to turn people into bots in order to win ToI lol. I actually found a post that shows tricks to avoid certain mechanics, like it literally says, DO NOT use XXX skill or it will trigger XXX of their skills, I tried some of them and they worked so it makes me wonder is ToI really a challenge or just some arcade you need to learn it's tricks. Fake MMO, this feels more like playing Street Fighter than an MMO.

Ok rant over,

You can troll now.

Tower of Infinity is the most stupid ladder system I have encountered in any MMO I have played so far. The AI of oponents is laughable and badly designed, especially the one of SF-s and Summoners. 

Making a challenge where oponents dont have cd on skills and can pull all sort of tricks just to defeat you, serves only for frustration, not for better game experience.

Anyway, TOI is a fail. I only do it when its on daily challenge, and it will stay that way.

I have the exact same frustration...

It's as if they have no cool-downs at all. Like on my WL as soon as I press SB, any class will activate their shield, ice, or whatever they have in order to make it utterly useless.
I have noticed it every single time especially with FM. They seem to have almost unlimited ice and they go into their sheath right before SB activates. Every time without fail. It's so frustrating.

A bot should react to your actions as they happen - not react a millisecond before the skill activates. They know what you're doing before you do it. 

exactly and it's frustrating as hell, they know your moves before you and counter. They also have zero cool down on skills... which on some classes make them almost impossible to hit. I had a BM Q-E 7 times in less then 3 seconds.. it actually made me feel sick to my stomach trying to follow him.

3 hours ago, Kurokazu said:

I have the exact same frustration...

It's as if they have no cool-downs at all. Like on my WL as soon as I press SB, any class will activate their shield, ice, or whatever they have in order to make it utterly useless.
I have noticed it every single time especially with FM. They seem to have almost unlimited ice and they go into their sheath right before SB activates. Every time without fail. It's so frustrating.

A bot should react to your actions as they happen - not react a millisecond before the skill activates. They know what you're doing before you do it. 

This post made me laugh. FMs with no cool-downs because they freeze themselves right as you SB.

Time to educate.

VqEGIf1.png

As you can see, SB is 1min and 30sec, as you may already know.

xhsisBJ.png

9vAbNjf.png

The skills FMs use right before you SB. It's either one from my experience.

As you can see Ice sheath has a 30sec cooldown and Frost Armor has a 1min cooldown.

So literally no matter what you do, they will always have these 2 skills up again by the time of your next SB unless you somehow force the AI to use it prior(which is generally never).

55 minutes ago, DirectorTseng said:

exactly and it's frustrating as hell, they know your moves before you and counter. They also have zero cool down on skills... which on some classes make them almost impossible to hit. I had a BM Q-E 7 times in less then 3 seconds.. it actually made me feel sick to my stomach trying to follow him.

Yeah they made it so that the bots can activate their counter before your hit lands. It is so retarded that if you never attack an assassin, they never attack you or barely do. They just stay away from you until you start closing in, try it. 

The thing is, especially with that frost armor topic, the bot's leg weapons stack way to fast. I've seen 3 consecutive divine veils with no gap in between.

On the other hand, ToI isn't really that bad. You can just consider it to be some kind of lottery. 

70% Luck, 20% Gear and 10% Skill. Luck mostly about what classes and buffs you get.

Also, since the rewards are given out for class ranks, it's a fair challenge, since you only have to compete against other players facing the exact same difficulties.

1 hour ago, Sonozaki said:

Also, since the rewards are given out for class ranks, it's a fair challenge, since you only have to compete against other players facing the exact same difficulties.

It's only the half truth. Every 10th floor you will get a piece of token more. So you can farm your items much faster with 60+ compared to 40+.

13 minutes ago, Half said:

It's only the half truth. Every 10th floor you will get a piece of token more. So you can farm your items much faster with 60+ compared to 40+.

Yeah well. 60+ is 6 fragments while 40+ is 4, so 1,5x faster. And you have to consider weekly rewards as well as season rewards, that add some tokens. So the difference isn't that huge after all.

And an fm with equal gear to some average 60+... uhm... lets say sum, should be able to get 50+ at least, which further reduces the difference.

I reached 44 what's really good with my gear. But sometimes I have this:

Floor 28 WL -> going up to floor 37. Now with Sin time out -> I got reward for floor 21-30. That's a  huge difference. Also you have to see people with less gear. They cannot farm anything, because ranking is not enough for alot of tokens and reward chests give nearly nothing. With my gear I should be able to reach floor 61 (with some luck ofc) compared to other classes.

Even if you reach with another class every time just 1 fragment more (it's not much) - after 100 runs he got 10 token more. That's alot! So please don't say the difference is not huge after all.

Archived