Summoner Legendary SS (PVE)

Raizou

I have a few questions about the new PVE legendary SS from MSP:

• Was someone lucky to get at least one piece?
  • Is it worth to farm them? Which stats (set bonus) they have?
  • Heard from destro-side that they got trash, so what about ours?

Thx in advance.

7 hours ago, RainbowDashie said:

3 Set: Thorn Strike/Vine Whip dmg increase 15%

8 Set: Flying Nettles/Briar Patch 100% more dmg

would say ours is good, also the 8 set, especially if the boss stands in it the whole time.

And what boss do you know that stands in one place? Exactly.

Best option is to use 3/5/7 Oblivion and 1/2/4/6/8 legendary.

Since then you get the 3 bonuses:

(3) Thorn strike damage +15%

(5) +10 AP, +15% Crit Damage, +HP

(3) 7% Crit Damage

While the 100% Briar patch damage looks nice, i rather have 7% more on each skill than 100% on a skill where the bosses barely stand still in one place. It works for stationary bosses but not ones that move.

7 hours ago, Grimoir said:

And what boss do you know that stands in one place? Exactly.

Best option is to use 3/5/7 Oblivion and 1/2/4/6/8 legendary.

Since then you get the 3 bonuses:

(3) Thorn strike damage +15%

(5) +10 AP, +15% Crit Damage, +HP

(3) 7% Crit Damage

While the 100% Briar patch damage looks nice, i rather have 7% more on each skill than 100% on a skill where the bosses barely stand still in one place. It works for stationary bosses but not ones that move.

or you get both and switch, also how much flat dmg increase is 7% cdmg? something like 2%? 
So Briar Patch just have to do 2% or more of youre overall dmg. and the 8 set is stronger then oblivion+turtle

• 2 weeks later...
6 hours ago, Grimoir said:

it will only be a huge dps increase if your target STAYS in the spot. And since roots dont keep bosses in place.....there goes your damage boost.

True but I find most bosses in this game do stay in one spot for 10-20 seconds then move somewhere else. Last boss in Citadel being the exception. Examples of bosses that stay in a spot for 10 seconds or more: Cold Storage, Heaven's Mandate, Tomb, Asura, Necro, Yeti, Frozen Fang, the Turtle, all SSP bosses, etc. Having a tank helps too.

8 hours ago, Grimoir said:

it will only be a huge dps increase if your target STAYS in the spot. And since roots dont keep bosses in place.....there goes your damage boost.

You know Zhakan? This Boss jumps alot. Briar Patch has 8% ov my overall dmg there. 7% Crit dmg will give you 1.5-2.3% overall dmg (depends on youre crit rate). So 8 Set Legendary would be stronger if briar Patch just would do 0.75%-1.15% dmg. 
Look at youre dps meter and see how much dmg youre Briar Patch will do and then decide, but dont forget that it only have to do 2% overall dmg to be much better then 7% crit dmg.
Also dont forget the additional crit you can get from legendary ss. That would mean 7% crit dmg is only worth around 1.0%-1.25% overall dmg.

2 hours ago, MegaMouseGW said:

What about the HP. What is the HP increase with the legendaries. My summoner has well over 80k in Hp and I would prefer to not lose that.

I have only 5 legendary pieces and my hp is over 100k now. 1-5 pieces. I do have both legendary ring+necklace and stage 2 awaken pet. With full legendary your hp should be even higher,

8-set is BY FAR superior to a 5-3 split with Oblivion shields.
The stats follow the same distribution, with MSP shields simply having higher values and better set bonuses.
And combining the 8-set MSP with the upcoming blue badges from ToI will synergize fantastically.

8-set MSP is highly recommended for summoners. Few bosses move much at all, and even fewer move to the extent that it severely interrupt your nettles. The 7% Cdmg set bonus should under no circumstances deal more damage than your nettles, not even close.
the upcoming change in Korea making our nettles deal all it's dmg in 6 seconds instead of 10 seconds further removes this worry.

I have had a couple of dropped shields, farming 1-6 and 5-6 alot with my clan. the latter stages hold considerable rewards for the time invested compared to the earlier stages. Making a group for stage 1-5 or 1-6 is highly recommended over 1-4. Farming will be less efficient after this week because the event containing the "moonlit boxes (level X") will be removed, as well as the golden seeds for a free gem or primers.

Archived