Trying to fail

CrimsonKitsune

Its like this game is trying to fail instead of the much needed RNG nerf they decided to nerf moonwater which is not a bad thing but instead of moonwater being the wall silverfrost will be the wall. People are still advising their friends to steer clear of this game the new player join rate is abysmal the dreaded RO is coming out soon and instead of trying to survive this game has an air about it that it has already accepted its death without even putting up a fight. Why is it that every stream they talk about things people don't even ask for, I am like who is do your polling or data collection? why is it I dont see these masses of people asking for OP pets. I can't even fathom anyone who would ask for that and pets are basically paid to obtain in a sense so basically no op pet without money. We need to get our act together or come 2017 we will be in dire problems. I am to the point right now I rather BNS just put baleful,and other high lv accessories in the store in a package for $100 I'd just buy it and be done with it I aint gonna grind that much its just better to spend cash on it. BTW whats your view on the outlook on the game? 

Did you read all the posts and replies from Twitter, reddit and here? You need to also remember that there are people asking questions via support tickets so not all the questions are for public eye. Just as "maybe this is how" they find the questions to which they actually answer.

Today I was traying to do Harvest Raid with a low geared friend, I made a party with other players in the same situation (I annuced it and request the zerg to ignore the mini bosses from our channel). At some point the zerg from CH 1 reach us and none but me manage to get credit for that last mini boss (and we take extra time killing elites for that AP buff).

In any other modern MMO this would not happen but in BnS at some point if you are way behind in gear there is certain stuff that you can't do even if the main target for that content is people with that gear (SSP for example).

It's so outdate desing... give better reward for people that contribute the most but let everyone finish their quest and get something.

58 minutes ago, Lunakitty said:

Did you read all the posts and replies from Twitter, reddit and here? You need to also remember that there are people asking questions via support tickets so not all the questions are for public eye. Just as "maybe this is how" they find the questions to which they actually answer.

I know you would find an excuse for the devs then you're gonna say the bot problem is down when its not anymore its gone back up. How exactly is a support ticket which is meant for help used for suggestions isnt that against tos? 

Then why was mostly everyone upset in the stream and screaming P2W over something the majority of the community wanted then?

1 minute ago, Lunakitty said:

There is separate area in tickets where you can send suggestions. You can even try checking it yourself. First pick "Gameplay Issue" and then on the question "What are you having trouble with?" you can scroll down to the last option that is surprisingly named as "Suggestions". Just because you never wrote ticket to make suggestion doesn't mean it didn't exist.

15 minutes ago, CrimsonKitsune said:

I know you would find an excuse for the devs then you're gonna say the bot problem is down when its not anymore its gone back up. How exactly is a support ticket which is meant for help used for suggestions isnt that against tos? 

There is separate area in tickets where you can send suggestions. You can even try checking it yourself. First pick "Gameplay Issue" and then on the question "What are you having trouble with?" you can scroll down to the last option that is surprisingly named as "Suggestions". Just because you never wrote ticket to make suggestion doesn't mean it didn't exist.

15 minutes ago, CrimsonKitsune said:

Then why was mostly everyone upset in the stream and screaming P2W over something the majority of the community wanted then?

I can only guess that the game needs to nurse those who pay so that the game can still run. I am happy about the pets but the amount of costs etc is too insane for f2p so now I can admit that the pets will be p2w as the effects are way too OP what I read them to be. *shivers*

7 hours ago, CrimsonKitsune said:

Its like this game is trying to fail instead of the much needed RNG nerf they decided to nerf moonwater which is not a bad thing but instead of moonwater being the wall silverfrost will be the wall. People are still advising their friends to steer clear of this game the new player join rate is abysmal the dreaded RO is coming out soon and instead of trying to survive this game has an air about it that it has already accepted its death without even putting up a fight. Why is it that every stream they talk about things people don't even ask for, I am like who is do your polling or data collection? why is it I dont see these masses of people asking for OP pets. I can't even fathom anyone who would ask for that and pets are basically paid to obtain in a sense so basically no op pet without money. We need to get our act together or come 2017 we will be in dire problems. I am to the point right now I rather BNS just put baleful,and other high lv accessories in the store in a package for $100 I'd just buy it and be done with it I aint gonna grind that much its just better to spend cash on it. BTW whats your view on the outlook on the game? 

I hear people every single day here and in game being really frustrated over getting the RNG weapons and they are going to make this better. This is huge for new players!

8 hours ago, CrimsonKitsune said:

BTW whats your view on the outlook on the game? 

There will be more server merges and less players. The game was not westernised, only badly translated and censored. This type of grindfest was okay in 2007-2012, but not in 2016-2017. Grinding has still fans in the west, but their numbers compared to asian regions is abysmal.

I honestly don't see what the publisher has to lose here by at least making the overall rng in the game better, especially for the god dammed gold blocks in dailies. Shit, just 1000g at least once every 30 dailies then dropping it down to 1000g every 100 dailies then carrying the rng back up to previous said would make a considerate difference. God dammit just fix the overall rng in the bloody game and you'll be surprised how much people with start back spending big. It seems like it doesn't make sense but it does. The more you breed competition the more competition will do to stay ahead. If there's just a select few on top all the time they'll get bored and they'll just stop playing because there's little to no one able to stand up to them.

The The end content for the game is not defined, that's the problem. A new player coming it to start the game has no idea how long it will take them to at least get average content which is needed to gain high tier content as a result they grind endlessly only to get frustrated and hit a wall, that problem is compounded when the rng for their upgrading which is also needed to do the basic mainline quest is abysmal at best.

In other words, people tend to shy away from doing something if there seems to be no end in sight, no clear purpose.  An analogy would be you doing short sprints up and down while your coach yells at you to keep running, each sprint you do gets slower and slower as less effort and energy is used because you're getting tired, you do not know when the coach will tell you to stop. Eventually the coach yells "LAST SPRINT!" What do you think your natural psychological response will be? Be honest. Yes. You're going to put great effort and energy into that last sprint. Why? Because what you're doing now is defined you know this your last sprint so you give it your best shot. There is an end in sight so you go all in with effort. Same thing applies to everything else people do in life, including gaming.

Idk why most mmos, of all game types, have this problem. It needs to be addressed and no im not talking about the mainstream wow or lol I'm talking about titles like blade and soul, archeage, black desert etc. All these games had it going for them but the undefined grind and insane rng ruined or is ruining them. No one wants to see games like these wither and die it wont benefit them or the publisher. I'm not asking for a free lunch if thats what your conclusion is after I've made myself abundantly clear, just asking for something that has a purpose to both player and publisher. Neither benefits in the long term from the plagues these games face.

1 hour ago, K4t said:

I honestly don't see what the publisher has to lose here by at least making the overall rng in the game better, especially for the god dammed gold blocks in dailies. Shit, just 1000g at least once every 30 dailies then dropping it down to 1000g every 100 dailies then carrying the rng back up to previous said would make a considerate difference. God dammit just fix the overall rng in the bloody game and you'll be surprised how much people with start back spending big. It seems like it doesn't make sense but it does. The more you breed competition the more competition will do to stay ahead. If there's just a select few on top all the time they'll get bored and they'll just stop playing because there's little to no one able to stand up to them.

The The end content for the game is not defined, that's the problem. A new player coming it to start the game has no idea how long it will take them to at least get average content which is needed to gain high tier content as a result they grind endlessly only to get frustrated and hit a wall, that problem is compounded when the rng for their upgrading which is also needed to do the basic mainline quest is abysmal at best.

In other words, people tend to shy away from doing something if there seems to be no end in sight, no clear purpose.  An analogy would be you doing short sprints up and down while your coach yells at you to keep running, each sprint you do gets slower and slower as less effort and energy is used because you're getting tired, you do not know when the coach will tell you to stop. Eventually the coach yells "LAST SPRINT!" What do you think your natural psychological response will be? Be honest. Yes. You're going to put great effort and energy into that last sprint. Why? Because what you're doing now is defined you know this your last sprint so you give it your best shot. There is an end in sight so you go all in with effort. Same thing applies to everything else people do in life, including gaming.

Idk why most mmos, of all game types, have this problem. It needs to be addressed and no im not talking about the mainstream wow or lol I'm talking about titles like blade and soul, archeage, black desert etc. All these games had it going for them but the undefined grind and insane rng ruined or is ruining them. No one wants to see games like these wither and die it wont benefit them or the publisher. I'm not asking for a free lunch if thats what your conclusion is after I've made myself abundantly clear, just asking for something that has a purpose to both player and publisher. Neither benefits in the long term from the plagues these games face.

9 hours ago, KzE said:

There will be more server merges and less players. The game was not westernised, only badly translated and censored. This type of grindfest was okay in 2007-2012, but not in 2016-2017. Grinding has still fans in the west, but their numbers compared to asian regions is abysmal.

You both talk so much sense why can't others see it like that. I agree with ya'll 100% 

22 hours ago, Draelth said:

Today I was traying to do Harvest Raid with a low geared friend, I made a party with other players in the same situation (I annuced it and request the zerg to ignore the mini bosses from our channel). At some point the zerg from CH 1 reach us and none but me manage to get credit for that last mini boss (and we take extra time killing elites for that AP buff).

In any other modern MMO this would not happen but in BnS at some point if you are way behind in gear there is certain stuff that you can't do even if the main target for that content is people with that gear (SSP for example).

It's so outdate desing... give better reward for people that contribute the most but let everyone finish their quest and get something.

Yes Yes and YES this is so spot on this game is so difficult to do without spending real money on it, spending money on a game should feel easy not like a lifetime commitment

Archived