New rosethorn bugged?

Bits

I've been trying out the new tier 5 stage 1 Rosethorn, which says it makes the next Rumblebees instant cast on HIT (whereas it used to be on crit). Only... it's not doing it? I'm still getting cast timers on my bees. Like, all the time.

Is it bugged? Am I doing something wrong and this is working as intended? Halp.

oh, I got it. basically what rainbow said and what I said. If you want to spam it, then you actually have to fight in melee range to get the projectile to hit faster because the distance between you and target is closer so that you have rosethorn hit the target sooner than later. This allows you to spam bee more. However if you fight in range, then you'll have to press it rhthmyically because you have to wait for it to hit and it may not be worth it dps wise. ;o 

6 hours ago, Shelly said:

oh, I got it. basically what rainbow said and what I said. If you want to spam it, then you actually have to fight in melee range to get the projectile to hit faster because the distance between you and target is closer so that you have rosethorn hit the target sooner than later. This allows you to spam bee more. However if you fight in range, then you'll have to press it rhthmyically because you have to wait for it to hit and it may not be worth it dps wise. ;o 

This is why if you look in the Korean version you see summoners not keeping distance from the bosses, they stay in melee range all the time.

i dont think range is problem. close range just make you can spam Bee faster

i can cancel that cast time if i move around, but in this video,i see they can do it with close or ranged distance,move or stay are same.

still dont know why

21 hours ago, achimo1390 said:

i dont think range is problem. close range just make you can spam Bee faster

i can cancel that cast time if i move around, but in this video,i see they can do it with close or ranged distance,move or stay are same.

still dont know why

I haven't had a chance to test this yet, but I would strongly suspect that the reason you think moving around lets you cast bees instantly is just because, when moving, you cannot see the castbar for the failed attempts at bees instant-cast, so it appears like they're all instant.

If you could test it with a DPS meter, both moving and not moving, I think the DPS would be the same. But like I said, I haven't had a chance to test that yet.

I was wrong - I just tested s3 bees while moving constantly and while standing still. 16-17k standing still, 21k+ while moving. Moving really does make more instant-cast bees happen (or maybe it makes them happen faster because it doesn't waste time starting and stopping a cast? idk).

12 minutes ago, Bits said:

I was wrong - I just tested s3 bees while moving constantly and while standing still. 16-17k standing still, 21k+ while moving. Moving really does make more instant-cast bees happen (or maybe it makes them happen faster because it doesn't waste time starting and stopping a cast? idk).

In a guide somewhere i read some time ago where someone was actually saying if you animation cancel, you should move your screen around aka walk because then something doesnt happen and the animations are much faster.I dont remember what it was tho, bottom line it said when anicancelling its better to move around than have your screen in a fixed state.

Archived