Another whale leaving

Machder1

No I am not a big whale, I spent about a thousand, not thousands.  But before going into the negatives, allow me to say thank you for doing a fairly descent job at getting rid of hackers from SSP.  That said, I feel like that is all you have done.

Issues:

1) Lag - This is what did it for me.  The arena lag (as well as other places but this is what did it for me) is just unbearable.  And don't you even dare blame my ISP. I have a top-notch connection with an average of 30ms ping in EVERY MOTHER!@#$ OTHER GAME except blade and soul.  The only time I even get near a 100ms is if I connect to an east coast server from west coast, or if I use a VPN to play Korean or Chinese games.  However, when my actual ping is greater connecting to a server in Texas than it is to connecting to a server in Seoul, Korea, you as a company have a problem, not me, and to have the audacity to blatantly deny it makes you look as pathetic as the government when they were denying the drone program.

2) Every bloody day I log on, as sure as death and taxes, there are spammers.  If you as a company cannot spend $40 an hour out of the 17 million that you've earned to hire a GM to monitor the chat, then you as a company are not worth my time any longer.

To the customer service people, thank you, because you folks are really fast on answering tickets.  While I understand that it is not always possible to resolve every issue, at least you try as much as you can and I can respect that.  I understand that some responses are copy and pasted, but as a player, I felt like I was always talking to a human being who at least tried to address the problem in a relatively fast manner.

To the people doing the live streams, ... are you people even reading the chat?  No? Maybe you should.  When we are spelling out a problem for you and your answer along the lines of "well uum, haha well hehehehe you see rofl hehe hi hi, we already looked into it and hehe haha our dev team thinks it's just fine", I guarantee  you, that will only fuel the already existing animosity within the chat room.  Take off your rose colored goggles and actually try to listen.

To the dev team.  I know what a hard job you have.  No, people will not appreciate what you do, because they cannot even fathom just how difficult it is to solve the simplest of issues.   They do not understand just how difficult, challenging, and demanding your job is, with countless deadlines, stress, demands, priorities.  I understand that you guys are working hard.  However to the management, I urge you folks listen to the people screaming bloody murder.  We had hackers in SSP and your answer was to remove the weapons, not the hackers.  We had issues with the friend invites from bots and have asked for a feature to disable friend invites. You have given us a sloppy 1 line of code that effectively executes the command /block name_here, which may I add, doesn't even ban the account, just the player, so spammers are free to make 10 more accounts and spam those.  We have asked for a latency meter.  You gave us a crappy time difference calculator that calculates the time difference between when I cast the spell and your crappy server actually registers it.  ...Seriously...?  The list goes on and on.

Lastly to the forum mods.  I hate you guys (no offense) but you seriously do a religiously darn good job.  If I may suggest, just remember that before you ban a post, that is an angry customer right there who is about to become even angrier.  I wish you guys were assigned to the in-game chat.  Perhaps many would not have left if that was the case because it's a mess out there.

This really is a shame because I love the character outfits and design in this game, but the way publisher handles the game is just too much.  All right, time to release the trolls!

Spending a thousand is a big whale lol. Small whales only spend in the low hundreds like 100-400 dollars not a thousand. But nothing wrong with being a whale, if you wanna spend that much on a game that you like with your own money then thats nobody's business to judge you but im just saying spending a thousand is consider a lot.  And can i get your stuff lol.

Uh he's not even close to being a whale. He's like a dolphin. Granted, 1k is a lot of money for a game, but it's already been 8 months. That's only like $125 a month. There's people that will drop $250 a month. In comparison to the biggest spenders in the game, he's not a whale. His points about the faults of the game are still valid though.

18 minutes ago, Emma Frost said:

Uh he's not even close to being a whale. He's like a dolphin. Granted, 1k is a lot of money for a game, but it's already been 8 months. That's only like $125 a month. There's people that will drop $250 a month. In comparison to the biggest spenders in the game, he's not a whale. His points about the faults of the game are still valid though.

Dolphin is way too small for him, i should be a Dolphin with spending around 200 bucks on the game so far. I think $125 dollars per month should still be within the whale department. I agree that he isn't a big whale like the Blue Whale or even the Sperm Whale but he should be a Orca Whale at least.

@Machder1  Amen brother, but sadly I fear this will just land on deaf ears. Sad to see another person leave and again I fear this game will not even see it's 1 year anniversary at this rate.

@tinywolves Technically what we have is not a true free to play as there many players out there who have a rolling subscription to have premium membership which to be honest what you get from this is pretty poor.  Let's be fair NCWest has made a killing from day 1 money wise but not invested it in fixing the very poor ping/lag/server issue's.

At least with the rate the big spenders are abandoning the game lately they may finally make the gear upgrade and leveling process less punishing to try and attract new ones.  The way it is now a whale has to spend quite a bit just to get into the game before they even start getting comforts like outfits and assortments of pets.  It's sad that no-brainer things like in game GMs to discourage bots, cheats, spammers etc. are something this game will never have no matter how bad it gets.

1 hour ago, Kasugai said:

@tinywolves Technically what we have is not a true free to play as there many players out there who have a rolling subscription to have premium membership which to be honest what you get from this is pretty poor.  Let's be fair NCWest has made a killing from day 1 money wise but not invested it in fixing the very poor ping/lag/server issue's.

Yeah exactly, it's not beneficial really but how many people do sub? Yeah they really should improve the game considering this,  forgot they are making money off of this as well.

And what makes this "i quit" thread different from all the other ones ? .-.

for the one whale that leaves and takes his 125$ a month there are approx 50 bots joining in with premium o.o

but hope you have fun wherever you went !

2 hours ago, MasterBlaster said:

Dolphin is way too small for him, i should be a Dolphin with spending around 200 bucks on the game so far. I think $125 dollars per month should still be within the whale department. I agree that he isn't a big whale like the Blue Whale or even the Sperm Whale but he should be a Orca Whale at least.

An orca whale is a type of dolphin lol

To me, a whale is someone who spends batshit crazy amounts of money on a game (i.e. USD 500+ per month). USD 1000 since February is not a whale, imho. The title is misleading... It's sad you're leaving though.

Archived