About the Current Swimsuit Event

BattleKat

I was planning to buy at least 2 bundles of the costume that have 50 Corallites, and then farm at least 50 by myself, because i was told that i need 150 for the costume, can someone explain me if that is true? also how much gold do it need to make it, and whats the easiest way...i just want the Swimsuit, not the glass's and not anything else.

Also i made the mistake of getting 50 corallites with a low lvl character (lvl 30) because i didnt know that i required items from a high lvl instance....i was thinking on asking the devs thru a support ticket if they can send them to my high lvl character, also does the costume and be traded betwen my account with stamps? because i want it for my low lvl character....

First - You can get the event swinsuit in game by failing 150 times on upgrading the oceanic weapon, so you get 150 fragments used to buy the costume (also the number of fragments youget depend on the stage your weapon failed at) OR succeeding on upgrading said weapon to stage6 + 5 feathers (from Heaven's Mandate, a 50lvl heroic dungeon). On a low lvl you only have the first option.

Second - A friend that already got the costume said the event swinsuit, unlike previous event, is not bound to account (he could be wrong, he's not the brightest friend I have lol)

Third - you CAN BUY Corallites from the market, since the ones rewarded from 50lvl dungeons ARE tradable. The non-tradable ones are called "Standard Corallite", the tradable ones are simply called "Corallites".

okey let me share my experience! MY RNG sucks and i bought the swinsuit with 150 coral fragments. I spent about 130-140 Coralites since  they fail at stage 4 or 5 they will grant you 3 fragments. I purchased only 1 bundle (50 coralites), I farmed about 10-15 and i purchased the rest form the marketplace. They were about 1.5 gold each.  I got my shades from 1 of the 6 stage 5 weapons i had which all failed when evolving to stage 6.

Is it worth it? HELL YEAH! *nosebleed*

Now i will farm coralites with my alts and purchase some extras maybe i can get another 2 swinsuits. I might need a blood infusion though!

The event lasts a month which is ample time to farm more than enough corrallite yourself considering that  you can obtain over 10 per day / character just farming them yourself,

On top of that you can buy corallite off the marketplace so if you're dead set on using your cash to obtain it, you could simply use the currency exchange and buy gold off players to purchase corralite.

Alternatively ncsoft's adding smaller bundles in the shop on the weekends with corallite, last week was the soulstone bundle.

The 150 coral fragment method of obtaining the costume is only if you're really unlucky, i got a +6 weapon after just 80 corals, so you might end up not even needing as many as you think you do.

The outfit is currently not tradeable at the moment however however it's been announced that they're going to make it bound to account in the near future so you will be able to mail it between your characters.

i remember form stage 5 to 6 its about 4-6 gold to evolve, i think it will be better for you to actually fail  at stage1. I spent about 50 to 60 gold in total. I mean to be honest i don't remember exactly but its around that.

8 minutes ago, eyburv said:

Why not just buy a bundle on the hongmoon store?

if he is lucky he might get the swimsuit with 50 coralites but in the event that he doesn't then he will need other options. There was a bundle where you can get 100 soul stones and 15 coralites what it was removed from store. and i believe it was because it was much better to buy that bundle than to get the swimsuit bundle.

Don't be discouraged by all the negativity on the forums about this event's RNG. In general it's pretty fair, you will only see a lot of complainers on the forums because the people satisfied with the event have no need to come on and moan. My friend got three swimsuits in the 50 corallite that he used, my other friend got it in 10 corallite. On my main, it took me 68 corallite to get to stage 6 on the weapon, but on my alt, it only took me 7. I know there's a thread on here saying that they nerfed the RNG, but I only got that swimsuit in 7 corallite 3 days ago. 

40 minutes ago, ZackGTie said:

i believe it was because it was much better to buy that bundle than to get the swimsuit bundle.

Each weekend for the duration of the event they're adding a bundle like the soulstone+coralite one.

The first weekend, in which said bundle was introduced has since passed, so it's no longer in the store, it has nothing to do with the cost-efficiency of it.

You'll have to wait until friday at 10am PDT when the shop updates before the next such bundle is available ~

Most will get the costume before even hitting 150 corallites. Every weekend they will introduce a different corallite bundle as above post described. The 100 SS and 15 Corallite bundle IS better but IF AND ONLY IF you don't care about the swimsuit bundle. The current swimsuit bundle is 2 outfits (one for all races and one for Lyn that adds a bust, 1 hat, and 1 accessory for the outfit) and 50 corallites. If you like that outfit, 2 outfits, 1 hat, and 1 accessory for 2,000 Ncoin (or hongmoon coin)? That's a steal, the corallites included is just a bonus. If you don't care about that swimsuit, wait for a weekend that will have a bundle that catches your eye. We don't know what else they plan on throwing in with Corallites, but I recommend holding off for something that is better value for you, not what others say (unless it is completely broken like adding moonstones with coralites).

3 hours ago, Eimi said:

Each weekend for the duration of the event they're adding a bundle like the soulstone+coralite one.

The first weekend, in which said bundle was introduced has since passed, so it's no longer in the store, it has nothing to do with the cost-efficiency of it.

You'll have to wait until friday at 10am PDT when the shop updates before the next such bundle is available ~

ohhhhhhhhhhh so it was for that weekend! ohh i see! ty for info!

9 hours ago, Arken said:

Second - A friend that already got the costume said the event swinsuit, unlike previous event, is not bound to account (he could be wrong, he's not the brightest friend I have lol)

Jonathan said on twitter that they will make the outfit account bound so in future the outfit can be mailed with stamps.

Archived