Complaint about Assassins

Viblo

I just now had to 1v1 an Assassin four times, where as she won 7 out of 8 rounds. In Arena, obviously.

I'm playing a KFM and I've heard before that Assassins generally have an advantage over my class, but the fact that my opponent didn't know how to utilize her Tab correctly and some rounds passed where I couldn't lay a single hit on her makes me rather confused over how the classes were balanced.

I'm sure most people will tell me to "git gud", and I'm pretty sure that my inability to comprehend all the situations my opponent puts me in will place me in a disadvantage overall and if that is the case, I would love to hear some suggestions what techniques and skills I should spec.

If other Kung Fu Masters or all classes in general has issues overcoming Assassins, please do tell me by replying.

4 hours ago, Viblo said:

I just now had to 1v1 an Assassin four times, where as she won 7 out of 8 rounds. In Arena, obviously.

I'm playing a KFM and I've heard before that Assassins generally have an advantage over my class, but the fact that my opponent didn't know how to utilize her Tab correctly and some rounds passed where I couldn't lay a single hit on her makes me rather confused over how the classes were balanced.

I'm sure most people will tell me to "git gud", and I'm pretty sure that my inability to comprehend all the situations my opponent puts me in will place me in a disadvantage overall and if that is the case, I would love to hear some suggestions what techniques and skills I should spec.

If other Kung Fu Masters or all classes in general has issues overcoming Assassins, please do tell me by replying.

I find this kind of funny because I (sin) am just from loosing 8 matches straight against a KFM and derank.

Anyway, each class has its pattern, advantages and disadvantages. Each player has his own variation to this pattern. It is to each player to master his combo and that of his opponent to outplayer the later.

The fact that u lost against a sin that you yourself describe as lacking in knowledge when it come to his tab esc does not demonstrate in anyway that the sin class is OP.

I don't know if the classes are appropriately balance or if there is an OP class but what I am sure of is that the match up assasin vs Kungfu Master is the most balance match up in this game.

Sorry if this is not the reply you were waiting for but I don't want the sin class to be designated as the next scummoner class by those that lack both the comprehension of this class and the mastery of their own class.

Sin vs Kfm is sin favored. Even with y pull hm. Ive fought a few with it already, its really not that big of a deal except the kfm is actually really good as in outskilling the sin.

And the 'bad tab usage' is sometimes just yolo tabs as it does not seem to get punished by most kfms, but you could q it and backroll catch our tab with tripple kick. Though 1 out of 50 kfms in high'ish ranks does that. Probably because most kfms like to run the tripple kick that can hit into decoy. I mean most of the time i tab rising dragon the second it hits, because i just dont give a f*ck, witch i would say makes it pretty obvious when i will tab, but they dont usually do anything about it. Maybe they q my tab, but thats not enough, you then need to catch the sin as well, witch most kfms fail to do. And if they are actually good ill just need to step up my game the next round. But you can also remember their names to have it easier next time. Generally thats a thing you should do. So you can also play around very 'specific things' some players might do that others dont.

Before the last skill update, KFMs had a clear advantage over assassins, which I think no one denies is gone now.

So now there are some who call both classes evenly matched, and others who see the assassins in a slight advantage (some also say hard counter but I suspect those are people who had recent losing trauma -_^ ).

Anyway the change in difficulty was significant enough that I personally made a skill tab just for sins, which I only did for FMs before.

Here are some main features:

- Ice Guard
- Elbow Smash
- Tremor stage 2 (AoE pull) (people perfect at 3RF will probably prefer stage 1)

The rest is similar to my other builds, but of course contain some important elements:

- Firestorm kick
- Smite stage 3
- Avenging Fist stage 1

Generally, never panic against a sin, don't let them bait you to waste your CCs.
Always iframe after a CC, in case they would blind you with TAB.
Save your TAB until they use Fighting Spirit (the blue buff). If they wait for you to blow your tab before using it that's great too.
Knock them out of stealth with Elbow smash, Ice Guard, Leg Sweep, Comet Strike, Tremor.
Sky kick after Flurry daze so they don't F out of it.

Oh and beware of a poison/bleed "toxic" playstyle. Not many sins seem to be doing that but in my experience it's the worst to go against.

I dont really see it as a balanced or even kfm favored matchup still. But if thats gonna be the general oppinion from now on. I can live with it... Im just op and make the matchup bend to my will you know. *epeen growing*

1 hour ago, Shuchin said:

Before the last skill update, KFMs had a clear advantage over assassins, which I think no one denies is gone now.

So now there are some who call both classes evenly matched, and others who see the assassins in a slight advantage (some also say hard counter but I suspect those are people who had recent losing trauma -_^ ).

Anyway the change in difficulty was significant enough that I personally made a skill tab just for sins, which I only did for FMs before.

- Ice Guard
- Elbow Smash
- Tremor stage 2 (AoE pull) (people perfect at 3RF will probably prefer stage 1)

The rest is similar to my other builds, but of course contain some important elements:

- Firestorm kick
- Smite stage 3
- Avenging Fist stage 1

Generally, never panic against a sin, don't let them bait you to waste your CCs.
Save your TAB until they use Fighting Spirit (the blue buff). If they wait for you to blow your tab before using it that's great too.
Knock them out of stealth with Elbow smash, Ice Guard, Leg Sweep, Comet Strike, Tremor.

Oh and beware of a poison/bleed "toxic" playstyle. Not many sins seem to be doing that but in my experience it's the worst to go against.

Woah, these are some amazing tips. Thanks a lot!

7 hours ago, Shuchin said:

- Ice Guard
- Elbow Smash

- Firestorm kick
- Smite stage 3
- Avenging Fist stage 1

Tremor pull is the worst pvp skill you can use. You are sacrificing a 3sec stun for a pull that gets a sin out of stealth which he can go back to easily. The best skill against sins are Firestorm kick / ice guard / hm elbow smash. You can try to Kd with leg sweep but you need good eyes and good prediction skills since arena is so laggy.

If you would drop as many combos as I do, you would see this differently. -_^

Against sins I do more air combos than stunlocks for sure, so I currently favouring the pull. This will likely change once I get HM pull.

3s stun tremor's biggest disadvantage is the 3m range, which most sins will stay out of at all cost. It's biggest value is as a stunlock extender after they blew their tab.

I use it in tag matches against sins so I do have a comparison. Tremor pull is undervalued in my opinion, and especially helpful if you are a beginner and  lack HM skills.

Hello 

Sin here.

I usually start with x stealth n trying to get the tab out of kfm with my 1 30 secs uncons.

So he either tabs or he stays on the ground for 30 secs ^^.

Also u should better use ur elbow block n not the normal cause i can get stealth from normal block.

I always use my flower . fighting spirit is for pve or summy.

On 02 August 2016 at 10:55 AM, azraelkun said:

I usually start with x stealth n trying to get the tab out of kfm with my 1 30 secs uncons.

XD

that is the first time I ever heard of someone using unconscious CC in PvP

Sounds like a newbie bait, but then so is grapple on KFM in most cases.

Can you get a good combo off out of unconscious?

2 hours ago, Shuchin said:

XD

that is the first time I ever heard of someone using unconscious CC in PvP

Sounds like a newbie bait, but then so is grapple on KFM in most cases.

Can you get a good combo off out of unconscious?

Well... yeah ofc you can combo from unconscious. Just like you would combo someone who is webbed. But then still you´re using a 45 seconds sleep over a 24 seconds 3 sec daze. And it´s also no real bait to use sleep on people. It´s awkward, because you´ll have to daze them first and then tech chase with the sleep to actually have it work at all. Ofc, you can then 2f daze him again, but then you´re wasting the sleep that you traded your 3 seconds daze with half the cooldown for. I mean every single time you sleep the kfm, you would have been able to daze combo him instead. And then why exactly do you think they will just tab there while you chill 10m away from him? That´s no bait, that´s just being a troll.

Sleep is stronger than kd against spin classes. As those can then only use their f roll and even if they don´t use anything you still get an easy combo out of it as well. So it´s technically stronger than kd, but still even against spin classes people don´t use the sleep usually as when you glyph it for the kd it has only 24 seconds cd and disables charge skills.

You don´t use sleep for effectiveness. Its the same as using ice bomb against a kfm. It´s just for trolling.

The only other legit reason other than trolling for using sleep is if you´re low on skill points as sleep costs 0 points, while the daze costs 2.

Assassin : KFM is a 9-1 Matchup assuming perfect play from both sides.

Any retarded assassin saying otherwise here is *cricket*ing terrible.

I'd write you an essay on how to survive a few seconds longer against assassin, but it's a waste of time.

Archived