Why Customer Service Transfers Accessories between Alts for Some Players When the rest of us have to re-farm it?

DomiSotto

6 hours ago, Winner said:

Geez, relax. I only answered your question "Can you give example games for this? I played many many online games before, and I'm a person with a serious alt-itis (yes my accounts are full of alts) yet I never ran into a game which enabled gear sharing between alts... nor did I feel the need for it.

Don't tell me to "geez, relax" right after you slapped me with "you lied". Like if you know anything. I'm not going to go around prove how much I play RO or know about it when you obviously have your very own thoughts about people you don't even know anything about. It's just a waste of time and it's not even connecting to the topic.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I made a ticket 2 days ago and had 2 GM responded to me. Both GM responded about the time of when the transfer occur.

When I explained that  I am 12hrs away from the server, they transfered the items after a day.

And I am not a Tier 10 Premium user.

Although I have bought NCoins (Trove Keys) but Im still at Tier 6 premium.

Bottom line is, talk nicely to the support and explain clearly as to why you want to transfer your existing items.

Btw, the GM told me that this is 1 time only. I dont know if that 1 time help is referred to the Item I wanted to move to Alt or the Item Transfer in general.

but that make your alts too op.. imagine lvl 20s use acc 50.. and make u guys solo dgs quest and left the new player... but ikr the pain making alts here.. at least siren emblem, pirate emblem, or make a discount for alts which already hv high acc.. example.. player A already had awakening siren earing.. so make it almost free to get to the awakening siren earing for second A character...

;I figure i would chime in here and tell my little story of the support. For the people who say this game support sucks and they have bad customer service they don't.;

Recently i had sent a support ticket lost/recover items section. Support had quickly and timely sent me responses back. I talked to them nicely told them i spent a lot money and i made mistake making my warlock legendary weapon. Spent decent amount of money on the game. I asked if they nicely could transfer my legendary weapon to my SF and give my SF true scorpion to my warlock. Message me back saying that they couldn't transfer items, but the GMs did say they could revert my legendary back to True scorpion. Eventually they reverted back to True scorpion and gave me all the legendary mats i wasted from stage 1 to 3 expect for the legendary gem hammers. I asked them why and they kindly said because my true scorpion weapon was already six slots. It wasn't a big deal because i got lucky on my SF and got the legendary to six slots on stage 3.

Moral of the story be nice to support and they might kindly do as you ask. Just try not to ask for the impossible. 

19 minutes ago, Nopi said:

but that make your alts too op.. imagine lvl 20s use acc 50.. and make u guys solo dgs quest and left the new player... but ikr the pain making alts here.. at least siren emblem, pirate emblem, or make a discount for alts which already hv high acc.. example.. player A already had awakening siren earing.. so make it almost free to get to the awakening siren earing for second A character...

Accessories has level requirements afaik. Gems however are different story.
Also, those who probably asked for Item Transfer is either:

• One who created new alt like SF and doesnt have the time to farm for different gear.
  • Reasoned out that they will no longer use their "main toon" and all accessories be moved to alt.

18 minutes ago, Aethyr said:

Accessories has level requirements afaik. Gems however are different story.
Also, those who probably asked for Item Transfer is either:

• One who created new alt like SF and doesnt have the time to farm for different gear.
  • Reasoned out that they will no longer use their "main toon" and all accessories be moved to alt.

ah my fault here..  im agree with that as long as level req still there... pardon meh

11 hours ago, Huuxera said:

Don't tell me to "geez, relax" right after you slapped me with "you lied". Like if you know anything. I'm not going to go around prove how much I play RO or know about it when you obviously have your very own thoughts about people you don't even know anything about. It's just a waste of time and it's not even connecting to the topic.

I see. Good luck.

15 hours ago, Huuxera said:

I have answered your question providing you with an example of a game that have the gear shared between the alts via the legacy sets. It is the last post on the previous page.

This topic is pointless and I don't see why you need to post this here.  

First of all the GMs aren't transfering the gear back and forth through alt this is a 1 time use feature for their customers that they consider to be heavy spenders.

You seem to not understand the reason why the person can get the gear transferred and you can't is because that person probably spent 3x the amount of money as you have in this game.  If you really want to get the same perks you really should spend more in BnS and then you'd have the same level of service as this isn't just in BnS but in a lot of business modes that more elite members get better perks or better treatment.

The ideas that people have of changing the gear to account bound basically means changing the game model and design as you go from a game where everything is individual to something account wide.  But note that doing so will effect not only the current population of the game but also all future players as you don't have newer players playing you have geared alts making it difficult to do lower content and get geared simply because no one is doing it anymore.  This causes games to slowly die a slow death as people stop coming to play as the gear curve is too hard for newer players.

TL:DR account bound gear causes new players to not be able to play the game, and if you want the same perks spend more in the game and you get them.

1 hour ago, b0red26 said:

But note that doing so will effect not only the current population of the game but also all future players as you don't have newer players playing you have geared alts making it difficult to do lower content and get geared simply because no one is doing it anymore.

Except that nobody is doing any lower level content anyway because it is so hard to gear up and keep more than one character regardless. So, the successful players only play one character in PvE, the one they try to take to legendary.

Your alt still needs to progress the gear before hitting level 50, and for the Daily Challenges, purple drops, soulshields and weapon materials.

More people being able to run up the alts knowing that they can actually play the character at max level means more people in the lower-level content.

3 hours ago, DomiSotto said:

Except that nobody is doing any lower level content anyway because it is so hard to gear up

OBJECTION!

It's not hard to gear up at lower lvl areas, it only gets hard once you reach the Silverfrost content. You get a bunch of free stuffs from surveys. Even free brilliant keys. 

The only thing that makes me flip tables is the reduced gem slots, because gem hammer prices are ridiculous, but it's not like gems give such a huge bonus (only the AP gems maybe, but you can insert them into the 1 free slot). Yes, indeed it's a huge money sink after you reach Silverfrost. That is why I said cost reduction would be nice. Or, making the mats (siren/pirate emblems, warrior tokens, moonwater refining stones) account bound, that would be nice as well. So, I can't agree with lower areas are empty because it's hard to gear up, because IT IS NOT HARD TO GEAR UP UNTIL SILVERFORST.

Another thing to consider: having many alts, even if they are only lvl 20, help a lot. I have 3 alts under lvl 25 that I'm actively using for crafting/gathering. You can get them all the cinderland mats/crafts. You can teach them to craft transform stones. Even if you don't play/gear them, alts are basically a gold mine, if you put some thought into them.

1 hour ago, Huuxera said:

It's not hard to gear up at lower lvl areas, it only gets hard once you reach the Silverfrost content. You get a bunch of free stuffs from surveys. Even free brilliant keys.

What I mean is that it is hard to gear up on the high levels, so people do not have time, energy or desire to bring up an alt facing the same uphill struggle.

I have had 5 alts. 2 of them are level 50 (at 540 and 500 AP), and the rest were level 16-18 used for crafting support and storage. I could not imagine bringing up another alt because that would be a dead-end with the current gearing system.

Archived