Why Customer Service Transfers Accessories between Alts for Some Players When the rest of us have to re-farm it?

DomiSotto

This is outrageous, simply outrageous. I have been pleading so long for the Accessories to become account-bound, but this is taking the cake. Some players can apparently get accessories moved, while the rest cannot? Why does it involve Customer Service?

NC Soft, please, please, just ask Korea to flip the flag on the HM Accessories, so we ALL can benefit. Please, stop being so restrictive in respect to the alts. PLEASE.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I must say I'm a little disturbed by this also.  I would never have thought to ask them this because it sounds outrageous.  I have recently refarmed all content to get my SF up to about 560 AP, but had I known they would do this.. It's like having a class change voucher.  Want a change of class?  No prob just transfer your gear?  Maybe I'll put in a ticket for this also since the damn enlightened ring won't drop for me in mushins -_-

Oh, all the enlightened stuff dropped for me, it's 30 gold for each accessory per breakthrough, and MTS, and warrior tokens, etc, etc, etc, that's a lot of time, efforts and cost to get exact same things for each alt.

Please, make accessories account-bound! I love my alts. :) Do it as a subscriber only thing, and I will sub on the day it comes into effect.

From what I hear support has offered to move a weapon from one char to the other for a clanmate who wanted to play SF, but they would only do the weapon, not accessories or HM level. My clanmate declined because the amount of time (or money) it would take to get the rest up to speed would be enormous, but they did offer...

You answered your own question.

Because they're premium members who spent hundreds of $ in the game.

It can't be the first time you've heard a free-to-play game giving preferential treatment to wallet warriors.

Not that I endorse this kind of shady behaviour but NCS/W is greedy, but I'm not exactly surprised at all, and what can you do. I mean they even charge you to mail stuff, completely ridiculous.

Not to mention... I've never seen a more alt/newcomer-unfriendly game in my life. Removal of green dungeons = a big middle finger to new/alts. Not even having some basic like a shared stash that every other game in existence has. Can't mail stuff unless you cough up the $$$. Extremely grindy nature. This is the only MMO I've ever played where I have no plans to ever start an alt.

19 minutes ago, Melodia said:

It can't be the first time you've heard a free-to-play game giving preferential treatment to wallet warriors.

Not that I endorse this kind of shady behaviour but NCS/W is greedy, but I'm not exactly surprised at all, and what can you do. I mean they even charge you to mail stuff, completely ridiculous.

Actually, this is the first time I see something like this.

Mail is different. It was stated openly that if you wish to mail, you need to invest a minimum of 5$ in the game. I was happy to comply. I browsed the store, talked to the folks about what could be useful to purchase, spent $10 and was happy. I did not feel at all ripped off, because the game is great and $10 bucks for a download like this is a bargain of the century. I am still not sure if they reverted it afterwards or what, and I don't care. I got what I wanted at the time, and I am happy if the new guys don't have to pay for mail.

I also wanted certain perks from the sub at certain months, so I bout a couple of monthly memberships, the second of which was pretty well timed, the first - not so much.

I am perfectly happy to pay a fair price for a fair service.

I am happy to support a game I enjoy and that in turn treats me fairly and likes me as a customer.

But I feel that BnS is really sadistic towards the players like me, and that I toil and persevere in spite of the NC Soft's best efforts to drive a player like me out of the game. I get a "we hate you" vibe from NC Soft and sort of a con-artist attitude in their communications and the way they handle the game, none of the respectability of the SWTOR team.

This is why I have not bought a yearly membership.

The game is too dicey, too unstable, too unpredictable, too unfair, and by turns outright shady for it. And, I am pretty certain, they don't want a gal like me playing their game.

that thread you linked sound more or less bullshit imo.. i dont think they are doing that way.

@DomiSotto you want them to make as swtor? with all gear in legacy, you dont need to change a single stats of the gear just transfer it to all your toons?

why do you want to play a grind game then? 

problem with this game is that the playerbase demand sooooo much from ncsoft but they cant even support the game by buying premium ?.. and then you demand they should " give " you account bounded items for real?

i really hope  they just put everything to the hongmoon store with everything in it,  HM SKILLS , instant 50 with hm 20, and some legendaries with fully equipped gems ;D so these kind of thread will go away from this forum - but then people will complain there is no content, there is no gear to upgrade in this  game.. what are your gonna complain about next then? 

This forum is more like a kindergarden 

31 minutes ago, 882184_1452550488 said:

@DomiSotto you want them to make as swtor? with all gear in legacy, you dont need to change a single stats of the gear just transfer it to all your toons?

why do you want to play a grind game then?

What I would love to see is Account-bound Accessories while each character will be earning the class soul-shields, weapons and HM skills. I feel it would be a fair offer as either a subscriber benefit, or like in earlier SWTOR where you earned the Legendary gear (for the leets)  or it was granted as a reward for subscribing. I feel that this would be an awesome compromise.

I do not play BnS for the grind. I play it because it has a lovely setting, awesome classes and combat system. I am itching to try those classes - and pay for the additional class slots and the sub - so I can use the stuff I have already earned and pay for the right to swap freely between the toons & play whichever one strikes my fancy.

I feel that with the lack of the Account-bound staff, BnS shoots itself in the foot by denying the players the very best it has to offer, and that's its great class system.

7 minutes ago, DomiSotto said:

What I would love to see is Account-bound Accessories while each character will be earning the class soul-shields, weapons and HM skills. I feel it would be a fair offer as either a subscriber benefit, or like in earlier SWTOR where you earned the Legendary gear or it was granted as a reward for subscribing. I feel that this

I do not play BnS for the grind. I play it because it has a lovely setting, awesome classes and combat system. I am itching to try those classes - and pay for the additional class slots and the sub - so I can use the stuff I have already earned and pay for the right to swap freely between the toons & play whichever one strikes my fancy.

Yeah but dude, you cant compare swtor with this game at all... we wont get any legacy gear where you can send over your gear between all of your characters and not have to do dungeons anymore to upgrade.. whats the point of playing the game ? i really hope they never implent legacy accessories, that will be a killing blow for the game. 

Swtor made it even more causal gaming with bolster in storymode raids , you can just equip your weapon and offhand and do all raids with it.. 

and i have seen in mulitple thread you want this game be like swtor.. 

This game is more reaching the " end game will take time " , you dont have to rush it , you can play how slow you want , or how fast you want

Bolster in swtor  - you getting stats as level 60+ character when you enter as 45..

in swtor you could just gear one toon, and send the gear thro your whole legacy with same stats for all classes, you dont even need to enter a raid when you are geared, and you get max geared in that game with Nightmare tokens in 1 week.. is that fun? to just idle on the fleet 24/7

11 minutes ago, 882184_1452550488 said:

Yeah but dude, you cant compare swtor with this game at all... we wont get any legacy gear where you can send over your gear between all of your characters and not have to do dungeons anymore to upgrade.. whats the point of playing the game ? i really hope they never implent legacy accessories, that will be a killing blow for the game.

Swtor made it even more causal gaming with bolster in storymode raids , you can just equip your weapon and offhand and do all raids with it..

Bolster in swtor  - you getting stats as level 60+ character when you enter as 45..

Yep, it's great.  It's logical, it's encouraging people to have fun and switch it up and to try things, and then if they like it - to go earning stuff.

SWTOR also rewards loyal subs generously. SWTOR is esigned around playing a couple of hours a day doing whatever you feel like from a list of many activities, solo, grouped, PvE, PVP.... and every time you play, you get something and you are getting ahead.

Great system.

BnS is the opposite. For my playstyle, In BnS, I would have right now been better off if I have never paid a single dollar, and quit the game in a huff for 3 months. But faithfully playing the game every day, participating in the events and playing the sub apparently counts for nothing, no breaks, no rewards, no nothing. Just the events that progressively require you to put in more and more hours to keep up with a single toon doing the things you don't want to do, because they apparently only appreciate the idle minority that takes the game as a second or even their main job.

BnS needs to take steps to become a fun pastime.

3 minutes ago, DomiSotto said:

Yep, it's great.  It's logical, it's encouraging people to have fun and switch it up and to try things, and then if they like it - to go earning stuff.

SWTOR also rewards loyal subs generously.

Great system.

BnS is the opposite. For my playstyle, In BnS, I would have right now been better off if I have never paid a single dollar, and quit the game in a huff for 3 months. But faithfully playing the game every day, participating in the events and playing the sub apparently counts for nothing, no breaks, no rewards, no nothing. Just the events that progressively require you to put in more and more hours to keep up with a single toon doing the things you don't want to do.

You talking about they are loyal SWTOR? now you are kidding :D cause they cant even put anything out in time, and how they are loyal to its playerbase? no not at all.. they lied alot ;d and im not gonna bring this up here cause you already know it if you played it.

so you telling me that you want it to be like swtor with gearing process still? why dont we just quit all of us and play something else instead, cause having that gearing part again in a game will kill the game.

12 minutes ago, 882184_1452550488 said:

so you telling me that you want it to be like swtor with gearing process still? why dont we just quit all of us and play something else instead, cause having that gearing part again in a game will kill the game

Yes, I want it to be like SWTOR so you don't have to push yourself well past having fun in the game, and that having fun was not penalized. Run a dungeon? Cool! But run 4 of them minimum, then add another hour or two for SSP, and gods forbid we actually have fun and duke it out (no earnings!) and then there is no time for arenas and when do I fit in an hour to farm brightsone, and the alt needs 30 min to run through Mushin for the Warrior tokens, and when on earth can I level another class? And gods, Arenas 'cause 3-month-long plan to earn Dragoncall skill at a 1K beans a day rate....

What I want is to open up the game look at my alts, and decide what do I wish to play today and do not feel like if I do it, I am an idiot because something else is more important even if I hate the idea of doing it.

I have no quarrel with SWTOR. I played for 2+ years, subbed the entire time, had a jolly good time, and left happy because it was time for something new.

3 hours ago, Laneera said:

From what I hear support has offered to move a weapon from one char to the other for a clanmate who wanted to play SF, but they would only do the weapon, not accessories or HM level. My clanmate declined because the amount of time (or money) it would take to get the rest up to speed would be enormous, but they did offer...

How does that make any sense at all? would your Clan mate be running around on his soulfighter with a bangle or sword? if anything they would agree to move the accesories but NOT the weapon as he wouldn't be able to use it anyway..

17 minutes ago, Trio said:

How does that make any sense at all? would your Clan mate be running around on his soulfighter with a bangle or sword? if anything they would agree to move the accesories but NOT the weapon as he wouldn't be able to use it anyway..

They're not simply 'copy-paste'. You know what they are. :3

On 8-7-2016 at 8:59 PM, Trio said:

Of course that is not what I meant. They would take the weapon from character A and give a class appropriate weapon at the same stage to character B.

1 hour ago, Grimoir said:

To add my few cents:

imo customer service shouldnt transfer any gear items. If someone wants to make an alt then let hom farm accessories back.

Well, what I am learning from this thread is that I should make a wish-list of everything I want so once I sub in August I can start the ticket spam.

I've spent my beans on 3 Puglist tokens that the game won't convert back to beans to go Bravery instead? I thought I'd suck it up, but really, I should send in a ticket. While they are at that, maybe they can move it to my alt too. After all, I need Dragoncall real bad.

I want to retire my Summoner? I can send tickets till the cows come home, day after day till someone in customer support transfers his stuff to an alt I feel more like playing.

Seriously, it is a terrible policy to arbitrarily do things like that because it encourages a completely juvenile behavior.

Or, they can get reasonable and flip the flags to account bound. For everyone. So the Customer Service can help people with actual bugs instead of being inundated with "I am a special VIP snowflake" requests.

why is every single item in the game not account bound yet? what the heck is the problem with trying to share items with another character on your account?! I can totally understand not being able to mail things to another player, but not being able to mail something to yourself?? wtf.

MAKE THE FOLLOWING ACCOUNT BOUND:

Hongmoon Earing

Hongmoon Ring

Hongmoon Necklace

Hongmoon Bracelet

Hongmoon Belt

Siren Emblem

Pirate emblem

Freezing orbs

Stop making this game even more cancerous then it already is. I guarantee if you make these SMALL CHANGES THAT WILL NOT HURT YOU people will be more inclined to play and even makes alts as they will not constantly have to start from scratch and quit..

Archived