Is this class worth playing?

Vanco

I want to know the pros and cons of this class and see if it all the rage people says it is.. Please provide information for your opinion i would love a lot of information to find the answer

8 hours ago, Vanco said:

I want to know the pros and cons of this class and see if it all the rage people says it is.. Please provide information for your opinion i would love a lot of information to find the answer

flexibility class with lots of dps. on the other side it lacks alittle bit on tanking . but it has many iframes (8)

I like it (lvl31 atm), easier to use than the KFM, has less skills than KFM, and has a build that doesn't rely on anicancelling (in KF stance as well) which can be good when you have slower PC or higher latency.

So compared to KFM:

+ more AoE ability

+ can be ranged (KFM does not have any ranged "aggro me" ability, has to jump in, then every monster will attack you)

- I feel it weak in terms of defense: when I mess up and get some hits, 1/2 or 3/4 of my HP is gone. However I cannot compare with KFM since I don't have any around this character level. Maybe they've just buffed the mobs?

5 hours ago, csisy said:

feel it weak in terms of defense: when I mess up and get some hits, 1/2 or 3/4 of my HP is gone. However I cannot compare with KFM since I don't have any around this character level. Maybe they've just buffed the mobs?

I'm having this issue too. I have more problems with regular mobs than bosses

after maining summoner, I'm liking the melee part of SF, but your seriously punished for getting hit.

6 hours ago, csisy said:

I feel it weak in terms of defense: when I mess up and get some hits, 1/2 or 3/4 of my HP is gone. However I cannot compare with KFM since I don't have any around this character level. Maybe they've just buffed the mobs?

I think that is because of the lack of skills with HP regen.
Plus, KFM can use counter every second and their Q/E give 1s invincibility.

SF HP regen skills are strictly from one AoE range skills with 45s cd (as far as I know) and 2 others with 5% HP regen also with long cd.

Their number of dodging ability is far superior than other class, so I would not reccomend this class for players who are new to iframe since that is the main defense of this class.

14 minutes ago, Gamer4ever said:

I'm having this issue too. I have more problems with regular mobs than bosses

after maining summoner, I'm liking the melee part of SF, but your seriously punished for getting hit.

I've died a lot because of mobs too. 1v1 with Boss is a bit tricky at first, but after learning its movements, you can easily become untouchable with SF.

Group of mobs however can be dangerous for SF while in melee stance since most their skills are single target only. When facing more than 2, it is best to switch to Range mode and kite them.

I spec'd my KF stance RMB to the far right side (AoE Right Punch) - you just have to hold RMB and sometimes press F or SS+F (Iron Shoulder T2S2) and of course block and dodge things. So you can AoE in KF-stance as well. The LBM-RMB-F earth combo is better for single target DPS (however stacks the inner thing slower) but it's more reliant on animation cancelling. And because I'm playing with FPS and lag spikes, i'm running the simple "press a button" build. :D

I'll try a 400 defense gem see if it helps (I have 182 atm, 582 is clearly better) - now I'm using 400 evasion and it helps a lot in earlier levels btw.

I usually use element stance for group of mobs. I press 2 to push them away OR 3 to stun them. Usually that's enough to kill them. (Not on high level dungeons of course) Kung fu stance is really fun for me. Just need to learn the boss pattern in order to know when to block or iframe. Tried that with few bosses,and the only time my hp went below 90 was when I messed up. 

Coming from a Force Master main. The ani-cancel build of SF is a little clunky/sluggish for me. Damage is good but i think it's the attack speed that makes it feel slow for me. Overall fun but i'll be keeping it at profane for the next 3 levels until i hit 50. At the moment, i'm stuck between the two. Force Master has smooth and fluid rotation, fun HM Inferno skill and Chi Bomb soon. I haven't seen anything facinating about SF yet other than the nice new skills. 

Well, im  Lv. 50 HM 3 and im so fcking in love with the SF <3 

The dmg is lower like my BM but i like it  my RBM crits is near  3,5k - 3,8k. The elbow skill crit is 6k + . All is fine. 

The gameplay is smooth and easy. 

And a little tipp about the Ice and earth build. 
Earth - slow to build 5 stacks chi and you have 90% of the fight no fokus problems and more dps than Ice ( is my  opinion) 

Ice - easy and fast to build up 10 inner stacks to get 5 chi - hard if you failed it and you have to much fokus problems (again my opinion) 

greetings from germany

and sorry for the bad english but need first my coffee xD

If you reach 50%+-55% crit earth builds chi stacks almost as fast as frost. and the earth hm skill is super dps upgrade where hm frost doesnt really improve dps that much (no i havent got it on eu yet but on taiwan and believe me you ll love it)

Archived