Player's Letter - 6/11

Piper

17 hours ago, Faline said:

Something needs to be done about moonstones for sure. This is the biggest problem for me personally with upgrading my gear. I NEED HUNDREDS of them...and yet as a melee player I barely get credit in ssp to get keys to open boxes which contain them. To buy them off the AH is incredibly expensive and would require a hell of a grind for gold. It feels like an impossible task which is crippling my progress.

As for dungeons etc I actually find them quite fun if i'm running with clan mates, I just wish there was more diversity in the loot that dropped. The stinger bundles are great - why cant we have moonstone bundles or soulstone bundles drop here too. I pvp for what soulstones I can get hold of. It's the moonstones that are again, a big issue.

As a destroyer melee, I wasn't able to get Moonstones from SSP at all and I was forced to buy them lucky that they released them from battleground since I got "Decent" gear and some skills with pvp I was able to manage to get them through Battleground otherwise man I'm dead shit in ssp.

SSP is laggy for me and worst part as a destroyer I need to stand still to make good dps to achieve the reward from bosses which is impossible with lag and boss punish machines for melee 

17 hours ago, fuzzywashere said:

The "events", supposedly to help players, have blown up the market over and over. Either they don't know or they know and do it on purpose - neither version paints a good picture.

The only idea of those events is to make us spend more money on the store to buy unlocks for the event content.

15 hours ago, MistahJayden said:

Too bad the management doesnt care or read through the forums. Even if they did theyre not going to do anything about it. Theyll start caring when their wallets start starving.

Yes, I think the only way to get a solution for the problems (if at all) is to stop giving them money.

But personally I believe that the 2016 roadmap they showed in the producers letter is the only roadmap they have.

They aren't even planning for BnS to last longer than the end of the year. Instead they simply try to make as much money as possible in that time.

8 hours ago, Daktaro said:

Their response to SSP and faction imbalance is horrifying..

Omeed - just join the other faction or make an alt in the other faction
Nico - buy moonstones off the marketplace

really?????????

Maybe Omeed needs to think about why there are two factions.

If that is their solution, simply remove the factions. Most of the faction content is PvE anyway.

I like how the big guy in the middle literally laughed with a rapeface when they were talking about expanding and paying for inventory he's like "OH YA WE LIKE IT WHEN YOU BUY INVENTORY" I'm sure you do there big guy....I'm sure you do.....

The fact that premium players pay for inventory is ludicrous in the 1st place but wait I forgot we get the 50 cents or whatever discount on the bundle...lol.

On Saturday, June 11, 2016 at 10:41 AM, Piper said:

We want fun. We want adventure. We want immersion. We want excitement. The F2P grind-until-you-pass-out model is done. It's over with. We're sick of it.

This game is not build for it. Get real.

The SSP alternative, what few dungeons drop relevant mats, are even more boring, because in the SSP at least you get a chance of a war breaking out making it a poor man's 6 vs 6. Dungeons are always the same, with the same boring scripted enemies that don't even have decent environmental dialogue or creative battle designs or creature designs that are different what you see in the main body of the game.

The game is not build for immersion and adventure because they cut corners on writing and character development, and put it towards a few cinematic sequences to show-case buuubs and angst-ridden gals that grow very old very fast.

It is also by a completely cocked-up reason won't let us have account-bound accessories & achievements to at least relieve the monotony by trying out the only thing that is well-done, and that's the classes/combat.

This game consists of a bare-bones story and a miniscule amount of entries that provide relevant amount of mats for the only thing you get to do in this game - upgrade your cricketing gear.

BnS is flashy, but boring once you went through the content 2 or 3 times, and adding moonstones to every Elite Warrior in SSP or a stinger to every mob in Awakened Necro is not going to fix it.

And there is no graver sin for an entertainment event than boring. It can be anything else, depraved, immoral, idiotic, high-brow, anything...

Maybe a Ferengi might enjoy it, but even they would soon reach the 5th State of Acquisition.

infatuation, justification, appropriation, obsession, and resale...

BnS is a cool toy to play with for a couple-three months, level up, get a bit of gear to try out everything for a couple of times, and move on. It is not build to stay with it, neither by its content, nor by supporting a player in his or her desire to play another character.

On 6/12/2016 at 2:34 AM, NN13 said:

So much RNG, even logging into the Forums is based on RNG.

L

M

A

O

this. i agree with OP ENTIRELY but this...LMAO. i had to retry 14 times then copy paste into a new tab, retry THAT for another 5 times JUST TO UPVOTE AND REPLY. 

Archived