Producer's Letter Q&A Livestream Answers

Shadzar

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply
37 minutes ago, DomiSotto said:

There are a couple of take-charge folks in specific time window that direct the flow of battle. It just takes one guy willing to call reasonable commands out as in 'after this, go mid-terror for keys' or 'after tent master N, for 5 terrors for keys'.  Ceru also kill the middle boss to speed up the next capture as Ceru normally works in one channel. Crim have good leads too, at least in the early morning, but for the most part relies on the fast channel rotation, so it's probably more efficient for them to skip the tent/mid.

Overall though, every round of SSP imo should have a terror-farming, because from all the activities in the SSP, it is the most profitable one.

That sounds like total opposite of my experience.  I got 5 people to eventually kill the terror in the center once when the mining failed in the channel everyone switched to and I told them the box can give you a key.  15 people just stood off to the side and didn't fight it. One guy keeps trying to get everyone to kill the center terror and no one does.  He calls for center terror and 3 people start fighting then we wipe.  Everyone would rather stand around waiting for the next wave I guess than farm keys.  Sounds like ceru do it better and listen.  I have my 80 boxes to open so a few more keys would be nice to get.

10 minutes ago, jones6 said:

That sounds like total opposite of my experience.  I got 5 people to eventually kill the terror in the center once when the mining failed in the channel everyone switched to and I told them the box can give you a key.  15 people just stood off to the side and didn't fight it. One guy keeps trying to get everyone to kill the center terror and no one does.  He calls for center terror and 3 people start fighting then we wipe.  Everyone would rather stand around waiting for the next wave I guess than farm keys.  Sounds like ceru do it better and listen.  I have my 80 boxes to open so a few more keys would be nice to get.

My Crim can't fight terrors on account of being armored in rice paper held together with duct tape, otherwise I'd happily farm terrors on both factions. Sometimes it's hard to galvanize people, but once you do, and it becomes a part of the routine in the SSP, people will get used to it and just do it.

Q: Are there any plans to alleviate the shortage of inventory people feel?

A: Nico: The short answer is not really. Obviously you can buy the dragon pouches in the Hongmoon store. Uh.. so.. this is really a perk that we want to offer to our paying users. However, we try to provide free dragon pouches whenever we can. So for example the current daily dash gives you two every time you complete the wheel.

Jonathan: And there's two on there as well. You can land on by chance, so.

Nico: So there's actually four of them. You can do the wheel several times over actually so you can get more than that. So, I mean if you are a free player and you play the game regularly then you are gonna accumulate them over time through events or promotions. But we don't have any plans to you know make them available for free or to give extra during the game. It's at a very good spot right now so we're gonna keep doing that. 

Omeed: And I think one of the things you mentioned there was really important. Uh, it's difficult for free players but y'know you can buy these on the shop too right 8) buy them on the shop it's a free to play game c'mon! It's one of the ways that we make money y'know I think that when Nico set this business model up, y'know months and months ago uh it was a very fair business model and so... inventory is one of the places where we do make a reasonable amount of money so we do appreciate it when you buy that space. 

https://www.twitch.tv/bladeandsoul/v/71536522?t=23m19s

(I feel like they missed the point of this and people want more inventory in general not more dragon pouches?)

Q: Are there any plans to address the currency exchange rates?

A: Omeed: Can we get a little context on why this person's asking that question? 
Nico: To my knowledge, you know, the price of gold and NCoin has been fluctuating quite a lot depending on the content we put out, depending on the events that are going on, uh, which is perfectly normal. It's a free market, we're not, you know, injecting any gold into the economy, uh so it's really the players that drive the price. Um, so I'm not sure what they mean by addressing the rates because it's really set by supply and demand right? There is more supply and more demand and the price is gonna go up or down, it's not really something uh... If the question is are we gonna regulate the exchange rate?  Then the answer is no.  We're gonna let the market set the rates, we're not gonna intervene, so.. um.. I don't know if that answers the question but..

https://www.twitch.tv/bladeandsoul/v/71536522?t=28m10

Q: Are there server mergers coming soon?

A: Nico: That's something we've started hearing from players. Obviously we're constantly monitoring the server population. Uh so we don't really have an answer right now. When we feel the time is right. We see the numbers on the server so we know exactly how many people are playing at what time. Uhh when we feel, and we have some pretty good indication from you know other regions and other games uhh soo when we feel that the time is right to do a server merge then we will definitely announce it. But right now we don't have any announcement regarding this. 

https://www.twitch.tv/bladeandsoul/v/71536522?t=25m17s

Q: What's the status on server transfers?

A: Nico: They're in development. Uhhh this is taking a little longer than we hoped it would take because we have a lot of other things going on with the game. Uh so you know we have to prioritize things, right. Unfortunately these got pushed back a little bit however I want to reassure you that this is still being developed uh and you should see it hopefully in a few months.

This specific service is something that's being developed completely from scratch for us, it doesn't exist in other regions it doesn't exist in Korea. Uh so that's why it's taking a little longer than you know if it was something that already existed - we just have to port over. 

https://www.twitch.tv/bladeandsoul/v/71536522?t=25m50s

On 6/11/2016 at 4:21 AM, Daktaro said:

Q: Are there any plans to address the currency exchange rates?

A: Omeed: Can we get a little context on why this person's asking that question? 
Nico: To my knowledge, you know, the price of gold and NCoin has been fluctuating quite a lot depending on the content we put out, depending on the events that are going on, uh, which is perfectly normal. It's a free market, we're not, you know, injecting any gold into the economy, uh so it's really the players that drive the price. Um, so I'm not sure what they mean by addressing the rates because it's really set by supply and demand right? There is more supply and more demand and the price is gonna go up or down, it's not really something uh... If the question is are we gonna regulate the exchange rate?  Then the answer is no.  We're gonna let the market set the rates, we're not gonna intervene, so.. um.. I don't know if that answers the question but..

https://www.twitch.tv/bladeandsoul/v/71536522?t=28m10

Q: Are there any plans to alleviate the shortage of inventory people feel?

A: Nico: The short answer is not really. Obviously you can buy the dragon pouches in the Hongmoon store. Uh.. so.. this is really a perk that we want to offer to our paying users. However, we try to provide free dragon pouches whenever we can. So for example the current daily dash gives you two every time you complete the wheel.

Jonathan: And there's two on there as well. You can land on by chance, so.

Nico: So there's actually four of them. You can do the wheel several times over actually so you can get more than that. So, I mean if you are a free player and you play the game regularly then you are gonna accumulate them over time through events or promotions. But we don't have any plans to you know make them available for free or to give extra during the game. It's at a very good spot right now so we're gonna keep doing that. 

Omeed: And I think one of the things you mentioned there was really important. Uh, it's difficult for free players but y'know you can buy these on the shop too right 8) buy them on the shop it's a free to play game c'mon! It's one of the ways that we make money y'know I think that when Nico set this business model up, y'know months and months ago uh it was a very fair business model and so... inventory is one of the places where we do make a reasonable amount of money so we do appreciate it when you buy that space. 

https://www.twitch.tv/bladeandsoul/v/71536522?t=23m19s

(I feel like they missed the point of this and people want more inventory in general not more dragon pouches?)

How can they be so incredibly ignorant about their own game?

On 10/06/2016 at 2:30 PM, Shadzar said:

Since 1992 games have had PVE and PVP server separate. There is a reason, because EVERYONE doesn't enjoy PVP in their PVE. NOT FUN.

I'd hesitate to say everyone, but I definitely agree with the principle. I'd much rather not PvP for my PvE progression. Mixing up both in this game proved rather... counterproductive, to put it mildly if you ask me.

Honestly, though, taking up management courses and whatnot shouldn't be the only thing to qualify someone to manage a game. If you can't play a game like an actual gamer does, without GM tools or whatever, then how can you reasonably expect to have enough understanding of our woes? At least Jonathan seems to get it half-right, just might a few more hours a day playing with no GM tools, like a regular player, if he doesn't already. Give HIM Nico's and Omeed's jobs and paychecks, since at least HE has a better clue of wtf he's doing... or heck, give their jobs to whoever actually PLAYS their own *cricket*ing game.

As for these Nico/Omeed... well, excuse me you two, but from now on, I think I'll use your names to describe players who go by the rather flawed 'players only want freebies for zero effort', as someone else put it, because neither of you know what they're talking about. You apparently can't filter out the legitimate feedback, concerns and complaints from these so-called 'freebies for zero effort' and that can make you fail to see the big picture.

Above all else, it's this apparent inability or plain unwillingness to put yourselves on the shoes of the ones complaining is telling of how much this game has been changing for the worse. That's bad enough from players, being part of the 'NA mentality' or whatever you wanna call it making them/us the asshats we're infamous for in gaming, but it's downright unacceptable coming from those (mis)managing the game. You shouldn't be running the game this way, which is less a game and more a sweat shop (kudos to @DomiSotto for this very, VERY apt and unfortunately well earned comparison) because of YOUR mismanagement. Don't treat us as employees of a sweat shot. Take your time to LEARN your own game as actual players and perhaps you can actually be more effective in your jobs for once.

Archived