Producer's Letter Q&A Livestream Answers

Shadzar

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Q: Are there any plans to reduce upgrade and material costs to reduce grind?

A: We have started taking steps toward this. We could provide more materials into the economy, we could reduce cost, we could do event,s there are many ways we could go about that, like the previous Viper event. Great event coming that gives upgrade material, plus we have the Merchant of Wonder, and we will continue doing that in the future, and pretty nice bonuses for people that have left and don't play Blade and Soul anymore and want to come back. So the answers is yes, but we have to be careful how we do it.

-Nico has a think accent and hard to understand half the time :(

https://www.twitch.tv/bladeandsoul/v/71536522?t=19m23s

Q: Please add voice chat like other versions... please?
A: Play COD? This is a mature game. We have to keep logs, blah blah. costs money. Just use 3rd party program.

Merchant of BS is being extended.
Pets will stay account bound when they haven't been used.
All outfits will return at some point, just not right now, None have been exclusive to x event forever. Nothing is one time only. 
Account bound items are hard to create / change so it won't be happening soon (cough.. you are aware this is changing one line of code on x amount of items, right?)
EXP event coming on 22nd
Lots of things on 22nd

Green dungeons will not be coming back to f8 (I still think ones which require weapon upgrades should be added back though)

I wish all question answers are just typed like what your doing shadzar... could get a lot more answers like that and maybe straight to the point. Not all question has been answered.... Even more I can barely understand Nico o-e and I feel like there was a lot of rambling... 

18 minutes ago, Kitah said:

Green dungeons will not be coming back to f8 (I still think ones which require weapon upgrades should be added back though)

Welp, part in brackets is better than nothing (but it should be for ALL gear upgrades, not just weapons), I guess. Still disappointed they can't simply create a separate tabs for ALL green dungeons instead, though. I mean, really, there's no real reason NOT to bring them all back.

So they don't care about us is what I'm getting here.

Well, Black desert looks nice...

That stream was a joke.

Loved the part how Omeed was saying we should spend more money on the game buying dragon pouches to support the game.

I rather wipe my butt with my money than spend it on this game. They already made 13 million on this game from NA and have yet to give us the optimization patch from other regions. I play better on Japan than on NA. The spectator mode they said we would get but never got, no wonder Imperial stopped hosting. I already spent over 100$ on this game and in order to "catch up" with player with Legendaries and HM skills apparently I have to spend more or just no-life this game. What a absolute joke I would not be suprised if more players drop this game after the steam. At least we know who to thank for these decisions....way to go Nico and Omeed. Funny didnt see Julianne on there

34 minutes ago, Tsuchiryu said:

Welp, part in brackets is better than nothing (but it should be for ALL gear upgrades, not just weapons), I guess. Still disappointed they can't simply create a separate tabs for ALL green dungeons instead, though. I mean, really, there's no real reason NOT to bring them all back.

Part in brackets was my own thoughts. Sadly they won't be adding any green dungeons back to f8, which sucks.

That stream was a joke.

Loved the part how Omeed was saying we should spend more money on the game buying dragon pouches to support the game.

I rather wipe my butt with my money than spend it on this game. They already made 13 million on this game from NA and have yet to give us the optimization patch from other regions. I play better on Japan than on NA. The spectator mode they said we would get but never got, no wonder Imperial stopped hosting. I already spent over 100$ on this game and in order to "catch up" with player with Legendaries and HM skills apparently I have to spend more or just no-life this game. What a absolute joke I would not be suprised if more players drop this game after the steam. At least we know who to thank for these decisions....way to go Nico and Omeed. Funny didnt see Julianne on there

About this. they misinterpreted the question. I have opened all of the areas with dragon pouches but there is still hardly any room for ALL of the things for the content and saving up mats. Spectator mode is planned for summer. I do agree with you though. I have been supporting this game through thick and thin and I am now  becoming disappointed in the views and choices they are making. The stream was a joke. The answers they gave were okay. Some were really good answers, others were just straight out bs. 

I'm disappointed that they ignored the most up-voted question on the thread, which was about shared storage. I was looking forward to seeing that question addressed.

Regarding the green dungeons, apparently they don't realize that no one uses the F7 Party Finder function. No one used it then, and no one uses it now, even with the green dungeons removed. I don't understand why the Development Team found it necessary to remove the green dungeons. I do not recall anyone complaining about the so-called "clutter" that Jonathan Lien said was their reason to remove them from the cross-server dungeon list. The list didn't look cluttered to me.

22 minutes ago, Kitah said:

. I do agree with you though. I have been supporting this game through thick and thin and I am now  becoming disappointed in the views and choices they are making. The stream was a joke. The answers they gave were okay. Some were really good answers, others were just straight out bs. 

Wow almost done watching that pitiful stream. Is omeed really the director for the community? Can't believe he said "join the other fraction." In response to fraction imbalance. The reason why it is imbalanced because of bots and players stop playing the game. Instead of fixing the underlying people who players have stated hundreds of times. His solution is just to join the other imbalanced fraction....causing it to be more imbalanced....what a freaken genius. According to him " if you want to change it change it yourself". Love the responses in twitch around 54 minutes. Has to be the worse stream.

So, no account-bound stuff then? I think they can take their events and, well, do whatever their imagination dictates them to do. The game is unplayable when every character is on its own and the alts cannot share the stuff that we already have earned. It's just too silly.

I am sure they can provide all those awesome things... I was paying 1.7 g per machismo today.

16 minutes ago, Sanjhiyan said:

I'm disappointed that they ignored the most up-voted question on the thread, which was about shared storage. I was looking forward to seeing that question addressed.

Regarding the green dungeons, apparently they don't realize that no one uses the F7 Party Finder function. No one used it then, and no one uses it now, even with the green dungeons removed. I don't understand why the Development Team found it necessary to remove the green dungeons. I do not recall anyone complaining about the so-called "clutter" that Jonathan Lien said was their reason to remove them from the cross-server dungeon list. The list didn't look cluttered to me.

I'm still not clear on whether they're a part of other regions any longer or not, but I do know that other regions get much more in terms of free mats as they level, so they don't have to visit those dungeons. Regardless, this isn't a solo game, and as long as they continue to not only make party finder a bad experience at higher levels but further eliminate it for lower levels all I have is just one more reason not to return.

Do these guys even play their own game?? Its so sad. Games like Warframe stick around and make good money because they care about their fanbase and love their game....these guys dont care about us, because the bots are giving them the money smh.

53 minutes ago, Kitah said:

. I do agree with you though. I have been supporting this game through thick and thin and I am now  becoming disappointed in the views and choices they are making. The stream was a joke. The answers they gave were okay. Some were really good answers, others were just straight out bs. 

No they don't play the game Omeed didnt even notice the removal of the green dungeons from F8. I don't think they even read the forums that much.

20 minutes ago, Seylum said:

No they don't play the game Omeed didnt even notice the removal of the green dungeons from F8. I don't think they even read the forums that much.

What is worse, Omeed needed to have everything explained to him because he didn't know what half the questions were talking about. Other people can add things that haven't been yet. I just had a rally hard time hearing Nico to be able to continue transcribing it. That thick what... Cajun Jersey accent he has just made it harder and harder each time I listened.

Suggestion for mods, forum staff, etc:

In future, post in advance the lsit of questions that will be answered in the stream at least so people will know what to loo for in the pre-selected questions and can more easily find the answers in VODs Like the last post of the thread, could have been a post listing all the questions that were going to be answered as the tread was locked so everyone could follow along during the stream.

This stream man, I'm so pissed. After hearing about the no account-bound or keeping the removal of the green dungeons ,factions balances, and

the no optimization coming . I just don't know what to think about this game anymore. This is sad :(

2 hours ago, Sanjhiyan said:

Im also wondering why that question was not answered. I can understand the need to pay a small fee to unlock the mailing system, but a lack of a server storage option in-game is very perplexing and just makes things unnecessarily harder if you have alts.

im still rather bewildered by their response to SSP. I'm not one of those people who is not willing to participate and earn my keep in this game but with 600 AP and not being able to do enough damage because of lag, freezes and spikes to get loot I'm screwed. Honestly if I spend 3 hours at SSP I lose 95% of my prestige from freezing and lag leading to death and my turtle skill output is never enough to get loot. 

Yes ive tried so many things to fix this but SSP dailies turn into WEEKLY'S for me. Having epilepsy getting a seizure from bad engine isn't worth the few moonstones I get for a weeks work.

faction imbalance - no solution provided

alt, new player rerolls - no systematic changes provides. They keep trying to solve this through events, which obviously doesn't work. Example is Nebula event. Material  discount is 10-40% while prices double because of high demand within short period.  They expect economy will fix itself over time.

hm levels on alts - events again, forced to pve

latency, performance issues - no solutions provided

account bound items - no solutions provided, silly excuses

engine update - not planned, but that's not surprise

Nico sounds like a French speaking English :D

It's sad, Omeed doesn't seem to play the game but he is the Community Director.

And the answer about the game optimization is so disapointing.

Archived