Perspective

Unsheath

To keep it short and concise, when people make lobbies asking for AP much higher than a dungeon requires that is NOT a sign they're p2w scrubs or noobs who need to rely on gear instead of learning mechanics. When you reach around 550 AP, you will notice that the cost for each AP point is increasing tremendously. That means you have to farm off your rear end for each of the next upgrades which increase in gold/mats cost and decrease in gains.

The core of the issue is that this game does not reward helping lower level/AP people so it's no wonder no one wants to farm with someone 50-100 AP lower when you have to mindlessly grind the same dungeons to see results in your gear progression. Time is valuable. 

Therefore --bar few occurences where people take the AP limit too far and kick you for being 5 AP below what they asked for-- it's not the people, it's the game. That's all.

No...it's still the people. I run purple lv50 dungeon with 450-510 AP peeps and we are all fine...

All of these lv50 dungeons don't require 550-700AP to run ... >.>

People requires high AP for dungeon with 2 reasons: 1. Quick run; and 2. Some of them associate AP with brain (aka the people that think high AP trumps game mechanic)

I can understand the 1st reason. I don't on the 2nd. And trust me, I have 450AP FM, and I am more capable of doing purple dungeons (everything including the new dungeons with the exception of Asura -- haven't run it yet). I know I can because I run them with my buddies and clan mates who are 450-520AP and we have never gotten a wipe, but yet, people kicks me in PUG group because i am not in the 550 league. So it's not the game. It's the people.

I think it really depends on the individual. Everyone's going to have different motivations behind the requirements they set. You have some people who truly believe AP is everything and then you have some who know it is not, but have no better measuring stick to measure a player's capability. And then you have some people who set their reqs for reasons not addressed. 

I truly do think firstmost group of people are the minority though. Most people I meet know that the actual AP reqs for dungeon completion are not that high. Personally, I'm fine with taking my clanmates who are 500AP to sogun's/nexus 4-man because I know they will communicate with me and carry out whatever strategy we need to implement. I'll take a 400 AP to yeti/necro/lair for the same reasons. But I have no such guarantee from a PUG, and odds are I will get someone who does not know what they're doing, does not admit that they don't know what they're doing, AND does not take advice on what to do. The party can't succeed like that, or maybe we can but we end up pulling that person's dead weight, and why would we want to do that?

So, @YamiKokennin, while many people know that having AP does not necessarily mean having a"brain," the fact is we have no better measuring stick for brain, and the two do still have some correlation. More of the players with higher AP have done more runs and have more experience, leading to fewer failed runs. Correlation does not equal causation, but we have little else to judge than a character's info screen. 

This ^^^. only pug groups require those ap. First if people picked the right server (populated one) they won't be doing cross server that much. Active clans are everywhere in good servers. My clan even teach me how to run a dungeon when i was a newbie. I seldom do pug groups since everybody in my clan do those dailies and dungeons.If you play alone and log in daily to see that theres nobody in your clan to play with, good luck in joining pugs.

AP means nothing when the boss literally kills themselves for you, and means nothing if you think you can DPS rush the extremely high endurance mobs.

Desolate Tomb's final boss has 64 million HP, or 64,000,000, which is six times of what Asura/Heavenpiercer have. He doesn't care about AP, and he will never die from flat-out brute force, not even with the entire party in KR endgame equipment.

OMG Guys please stop with this nonsense 450 AP and you are fine ok maybe you but look at the other side i run thousends of dungs with low ap people etc and its ok but haha when someone come to my group even with lower AP i all the time inspect people and its freaking bad to see people with full yeti Soulshield / Naryu Lab soulshield or even worse, gems not even pentagonal and proper gems + 0 clue how to play class in this game are good players and bad players its not our fault where some low ap players are god but other 90% are dumbass  noobs. Game releasing content for some people very fast who cant catch up will be in bad position without guild or stable party. Dont blame people we high AP people atleast 70% of us we grind our gear by yourself and we progressing dungs by yourself. When you cant play 5+ hours per day since start of BNS EU/NA iam sorry for you best strategy for you is find guild / friends to play with. BDW new dungs need strategy yes but i rather play Nexus 4 man 15 mins with High end people then 40 mins with lowbies . Time is precious.

3 hours ago, Malph said:

its freaking bad to see people with full yeti Soulshield / Naryu Lab soulshield or even worse

What the heck do you expect? You can only get SS by playing the content, so people naturally progress from a dungeon to dungeon. I have a Bloodhsade SS. Once the Naryu Labyrinth is on the Daily challenge, I will queue for that a few times to get a full Labyrinth set. After that, I frankly have no idea what to get and how. Is there a secret alternative way to get ss that I don't know about that avoids inconveniencing other people?

Archived