4 Man lair 3 totem boss mechanics?

Shelly

So, the part I don't understand about the boss with the 3 totems, is when he spawns the totems, is there no way to stop him from spitting poison? He seems to spit poison even in melee range. e-e Also, is there a range where the boss decides to leap at us( aggro). 

Also, for clarification on if we should have the boss ON the remaining totem or not? I think putting the boss on the totem is for melee-oriented parties. If we're all range, should we just put him outside the totem (with a cat) ? Thanks!

From what I've experienced. Not sure if it's 100% accurate, but it's enough to do the run.

1. Boss summons totems, pulls energy from one of the totems.

2. The other 2 totems must be destroyed for the last totem to buff. 

3. The boss spits 2-3 poison shots (then moves to the tank) depending on the tank's distance. A distance of 0-7 meters is safe for the boss to follow the tank without leaping.

4. If the boss is lifted towards a totem upon the totem summon, the boss will still shoot poison after being put down.

5. The remaining totem that gave energy to the boss gives a periodic buff to party members.

I was holding aggro today and hugging Naga. On both times of Totem phase he spat poison at me twice before slithering up to me and resuming his usual attack pattern, so it's safe to say he will always spit poison after summoning the totems. Grabbing him just pauses his attack rotation (the double poison spit), and it resumes once he's put down.

Also it's a bad idea to try to range him, because he will leap at you and it will hurt in 4-man. IIRC cats are only temporary tanks.

As BM I usually dance around main totem when party is destroying other two. I am far enough from totem to poison not land in totem area. Afer third split I move to totem and i-fraim his jump. To this point other totems are already destroyed and boss is in totem area with place for ppl to stay there too.

With my BM i usually go to destroy one of the vulnerable totems (he will spit 2 times at you no matter where you are)  then i rush back to him to prevent jumping. When he becomes vulnerable to CC our destroyer stuns him and brings him to the last totem.

Archived