Why So High NC?

Randomonium

Been grinding for a while now to get mats for my breeze weapon upgrade and it just feels like I'm treading water.  None of the prices that were expected to go down during the trove event actually have so getting things needed like stingers and moonstones is just a super expensive PITA.  If grinding 4-6 mans for stingers and getting hackraped in SSP for moonstones is the only alternative to buying I'll never get it finished, let alone by the April 27th deadline to avoid getting screwed out of gem sockets I already bought.  I can appreciate some grind but 190 stingers?  Who came up with this number and are they still employed (the new thread for legendary weaps indicates they are)?  I ran down current costs of the breeze upgrade and for folks who aren't RNG blessed to get good drops to sell this is just pie in the sky.  Here is the breakdown given current pricing.

trans stones= 100
Moonstones = 126
Soulstones = 44
stingers = 418
naryu tablets = 126
upgrade price = 38
Not so Grand Total = 852G

Close to a thousand gold for a single tier upgrade for just the weapon.  I swear its stuff like this that just sucks the fun right out of the game.

If you watched stream yesterday, they are upping the stingers drop in all of the Silverfrost dungeons. Believe me, with this, things will be much easier. 2-maning necropolis wont be a bore anymore.

Kinda agree. The increase in stinger drops wont change a lot i guess. 

Also, did you see the new legendary weapon on stream? 25 silver tr stones, 5 premium tr stones, 400 stinger and more. That was about 2k+ gold, just to upgrade the weapon. I understand that it's a legendary, but holy shit demn upgrade costs. We are talking weapon only too. Sure if you have time to grind 8h a day you'll be able to achieve it in one or two weeks, but the average player wont even get anywhere close to a legendary weapon, considering that the ones before are also expensive. Pretty sure that with the next patch, upgrading all gear from zero to max is about 15k gold or so. 

Dont get me wrong. I dont want everything instantly. I actually like it to be kept busy by a game for more than a week (which sadly isnt the case for most mmorpgs), but just grinding gold (which basically consists of repeating what ever gives most gold per hour for hundreds of hours) to achieve a goal can hardly be the point of a game. No problem with grinding itself for a few hours, but we are talking about literally hundreds of hours of doing the exact same activity over and over and over again - because why would you do anything else if you would lose gold/hour and thus need to grind even more hours.

But well, i guess most people will just take it slower. It just doesnt feel very rewarding to be grinding for days to upgrade one item, then be at 0 gold again, and then repeat the process. Considering: a single upgrade itself does not even give you a lot of strength. 

I guess this in general is the biggest problem most players got with the game right now. Of course if we exclude hacks and stuff~

3 hours ago, Randomonium said:

Been grinding for a while now to get mats for my breeze weapon upgrade and it just feels like I'm treading water.  None of the prices that were expected to go down during the trove event actually have so getting things needed like stingers and moonstones is just a super expensive PITA.  If grinding 4-6 mans for stingers and getting hackraped in SSP for moonstones is the only alternative to buying I'll never get it finished, let alone by the April 27th deadline to avoid getting screwed out of gem sockets I already bought.  I can appreciate some grind but 190 stingers?  Who came up with this number and are they still employed (the new thread for legendary weaps indicates they are)?  I ran down current costs of the breeze upgrade and for folks who aren't RNG blessed to get good drops to sell this is just pie in the sky.  Here is the breakdown given current pricing.

trans stones= 100
Moonstones = 126
Soulstones = 44
stingers = 418
naryu tablets = 126
upgrade price = 38
Not so Grand Total = 852G

Close to a thousand gold for a single tier upgrade for just the weapon.  I swear its stuff like this that just sucks the fun right out of the game.

The game was never fun in the first place lol .

That's why there are so many bots: people are desperate for gold so they go to RMT sites.
This is the reason why bots are so rampant in this game and can't be defeated. Lower the gold need = lower botters tenacity and numbers.

They could solve the two biggest problems of this game with one single move. But of course they won't.

Archived