Summoner's True Friend in Avalanche Den

Pyrophobia

Hi,

Is there a reason why True Friend (X) on Tier 3 Stage 2 (Invulnerability) doesn't work once we're frozen, but all other skills on cat do?

I can use Lunge (TAB), Strike (C) Anklebitter (V) while I'M frozen but i can't use X (with cat not being frozen)...

I've seen some Korean / Chinese videos and they are able to do it. Which pretty much is the only way summoners have to actually solo Avalanche Den instead of wasting tons of time getting all the pools out (or most of them) and running out of time.

I know there are ways to dodge 7 hits but we pretty much blow a lot of cooldowns just for one wave.

So i'm just wondering why can we use all skills except for True Friend.

I don't think i'm doing anything wrong that would prevent me from using it. So i just think it's kinda dumb denying one skill for no valid reason.

If i could have some sort of explanation for this, i'd really appreciate.

Thank you.

• 2 weeks later...

This is the video I could find where the summoner uses true friend while freezed. The summoner SS the first one, get frozen and put cat on taunt, you can see him activating True Friend while still frozen.

Technically.... if you taunt the ice debuff yuo should be able to use true friend even if you are frozen.

Unless....this is another tweak we got in case summoner bots would appear in the dungeon trying to farm it, but i doubt it.

I will try it when i get home and see if it works for me.

The only reason you can't use true friend is because true friend is a PET skill. If the pet is frozen , you're unable to use true friend even if you're not frozen. That Korean in the video simply prevented his cat from being frozen with Q and E.

8 hours ago, Mariester said:

The only reason you can't use true friend is because true friend is a PET skill. If the pet is frozen , you're unable to use true friend even if you're not frozen. That Korean in the video simply prevented his cat from being frozen with Q and E.

We know that, hence the simple solution was to Q the cat, but it does not work for us here even when cat is Q

9 hours ago, Grimoir said:

I tried it too, even tho the cat isnt frozen and has no debuffs on, when i get frozen i cannot true friend.

Might be to counteract bots so they do not farm the dungeon.

Which, if indeed the case, it would be yet another case of NCsoft undermining legit players instead of just bots. Again, not a good way to handle them.

• 4 weeks later...
On 5/27/2016 at 0:03 AM, Grimoir said:

Btw.....did you test it in 4 or 6 man? I just did a 6 man and could use it while being frozen....

It does not work in 6 man or 4 man. Just tested it again for both because I had hope. O-O My cat was not frozen. I was frozen. It was greyed out. 

Archived