To all Summoner's and fellow Summoner's, please use ur Petal Storm rank 3!

Lirabella

It's one of the most game changeing revive abillity in the game. All summoner's i met since i play ( Headstart ) didnt even know they had such skill in their tree or think it's not that usefull.
IT IS!!

For those of you who doesn't know:
Petal Storm rank 3:  Meditating party member's are resistant to all damage and status effects.

This mean's if ur meditateing in Petal Storm ( even it's just a brief second befor it dissapears ) ur immun to everything till ur alive.
It turns boss fight's and normal fight situation around. I have seen it myself. 

54 minutes ago, Lirabella said:

It's one of the most game changeing revive abillity in the game. All summoner's i met since i play ( Headstart ) didnt even know they had such skill in their tree or think it's not that usefull.
IT IS!!

Petal Storm rank 3:  Meditating party member's are resistant to all damage and status effects.

This mean's if ur meditateing in Petal Storm ( even it's just a brief second befor it dissapears ) ur immun to everything till ur alive.

Personally I don't spec it simply because I forget. I play most of the time solo and when I do dungeons I forget to add an extra point for that. But depends on each player. I've read that some summoners don't even spec D'n'B for party heal/focus regen so don't expect to add this as well.

I'm only playing on german, so I can't tell anything about the skill desc in english - but in german, the descriptions are every time a little bit weird.

I was in a dungeon a few days ago and our fm dies, so I used the petal storm (which I always have on rank 3, no matter what doing (on pve)) above him while he meditates and he was very surprised, he don't died in the next aoe. Also the rest of the party didn't know, that sum can save the ppl like destro.

That made me feel confused - cause it is such a simple skill to use.

And with hongmoon-levels there is no problem to skill this 3 points - they are totally NOT wasted.

1 hour ago, Lirabella said:

IT IS!!

Revival takes 20 secs. Petal duration is 10. Useless skill.

You can press lmb+f to give 12 secs of reviveng to your party memeber instantly. Only one more and it is 18 sec.

You'd better spec drum n base for 20% additional party heal. 

16 minutes ago, VirtuoZzzo said:

Revival takes 20 secs. Petal duration is 10. Useless skill.

You can press lmb+f to give 12 secs of reviveng to your party memeber instantly. Only one more and it is 18 sec.

You'd better spec drum n base for 20% additional party heal. 

Did you read the text ? "his mean's if ur meditateing in Petal Storm ( even it's just a brief second befor it dissapears ) ur immun to everything till ur alive."

mean`s you just need to be in the petal storm while meditating and ur 100% alive, even if the petal storm dissapears after 1 sec. ur completly immun the full meditate duration.

3 minutes ago, Lirabella said:

Did you read the text ? "his mean's if ur meditateing in Petal Storm ( even it's just a brief second befor it dissapears ) ur immun to everything till ur alive."

mean`s you just need to be in the petal storm while meditating and ur 100% alive, even if the petal storm dissapears after 1 sec. ur completly immun the full meditate duration.

Maybe on hm 10, when I have no more skills to spend points on. 

thanks for bringing this to my attention, I often used rank 3 petal storm to save party members, but I thought the effect only lasted during the 10 seconds it was active and would use both me and my cat to quickly res the person, but I tested it with my clan and it's just as you say, once the skill is over, the protection remains until the person is revived!  a group of people were attacking my clan mate even after the skill had ended and my clan mate was immune to all damage until they recovered, that's freaking awesome!

So thanks again for bringing this to my attention.

Only reason I could see why not to spec is it's not useful in solo play and people forget to swap to party support when grouping. Did not know it lasted that long. Even if it didn't, usually when there are monsters around not everyone tries to heal guy meditating. That would be 10 sec out of 14 of protected meditation, or full protection if having cat help doesn't drag the boss over.

I always spec into this for PvE, and I still have enough points for everything else.

I've saved my bf and other party members many times with this during dungeon runs.

Only times I get frustrated from it being useless is when the person who is in near death state decides to crawl as much as they can out of boss's aoe range instead of meditating within my Petal Storm, but most other classes don't know the effects of the skill when specked into it...so not much I can do there besides telling them to get up with 1, then there are also those that are stubborn and won't listen to you even that as well and end up just dying from the boss.

Archived