Please put a hard cap on how many people can get into each channel. One that can't be bypassed.

CountRiario

I posted this over on Reddit, but I thought I'd put this here too, to hopefully grab NCWESTs attention, hopefully.

https://www.reddit.com/r/bladeandsoul/comments/4dgb17/please_put_a_hard_cap_on_how_many_people_can_get/

I don't get this 24 man cap on channels, which can be bypassed to go up to 60 people. This game isn't built for 60+ people in one small spot and channel. It simply isn't.

Let's use SSP as an example.

When you have 60 or so people on the same channel in SSP;

() Bosses die insanely fast due to low HP () You get only around 8-13 prestige max () You get 5 FPS (unless you're lucky enough to run on a low rig, then you manage to be fine. Melee OR ranged will both be shafted by FPS freezes. ()Harder to dodge aoes that happen in a split second with lag.

Everything, absolutely everything in SSP is broken and stupid, all because of this stupid invite spamming bypass.

This is how it happens. There, in theory, should be 20-30 people maximum on each channel. That's roughly the cap. Once the cap is reached, you can invite other players into the channel by inviting them into your party, which bypasses this cap, until you hit a "hard cap". That around 60 or so players.

What this also does, is reduced the amount of channels being available by default. We have only 8 channels in SSP on Windrest EU, and absolutely every single one is either empty and waiting for battles, or filled to the brim.

Why is this a thing? If you have shitty optimization, why did you never push this NCWest? You KNOW of the problems that the game has. And yes, this may be seen as old content for them, but this will only *cricket*ing continue until much much later. Just sort it out.

If they introduced a flat, hard 24 player per channel cap, and made it so you couldn't bypass it. 90% of the problems in these areas would simply cease to exist. I guarantee it.

And no, it's not my PC. I can't remember the last time I ran a game below max settings without a flat 100+ FPS, but even then I don't mind. I don't mind running it lower.

The problem is if I am running the game on the lowest possible settings, with ctrl - f, on a 3+ year game, and getting 5 FPS, there's a *cricket*ing problem.

I mean, it's insanity how *cricket*ing stupid this is. God knows what Infernal Battlegrounds is going to be like.

Sorry for this shitty outline, I don't know how to get rid of it and I didn't want to rewrite the whole thing. If anyone has any idea how to get rid of this, let me know please!

• 3 months later...

damn you lucky *cricket*, got 8 SSP chanels and still crying.... We at starfall crater have only 2 *cricket*ing chanels with 100 ppl on each.... not to mention so many 650+ all the time there so u cant get any items or PP even with 500 AP

Cardinal Gates has 2 channels atm,the lag and the quality of play is drastically down ...I totally agree with your post and i'd wish them to control this thing ,is frustrating to not be able to pvp ,just die pathetically because you have some more lag besides your opponents .This would be a great improvement for many of us .Hopefully someone would actually listen!

Hi, I wanted to address this issues as well. With only two channels at SSP it is IMPOSSIBLE to play it - too many players flood the channels, and it is unplayable. whoever thought it was good to limit ssp to 2 channels, please revert it asap.

31 minutes ago, Nattia said:

Hi, I wanted to address this issues as well. With only two channels at SSP it is IMPOSSIBLE to play it - too many players flood the channels, and it is unplayable. whoever thought it was good to limit ssp to 2 channels, please revert it asap.

2 channels is just the default amount of channels for ssp, more will open as people start going in. Happens every week after maint really, when i get on in the morning there are only 2 channels, when i get home from work there are at least 3 or 4.

They definitely have a hard cap on the channels already. I have been in groups in ssp channel hopping where I took too long to get on the same channel as my party members in capture phase.

No matter how many times I tried to change channels I could not get in. It just says channel is full over and over again. So there is a soft cap and a hard cap. Maybe they can lower the amount of people to hard cap a channel.

44 minutes ago, Unicorns said:

2 channels is just the default amount of channels for ssp, more will open as people start going in. Happens every week after maint really, when i get on in the morning there are only 2 channels, when i get home from work there are at least 3 or 4.

it used to be 6 channels with few ppl,now its max 3 with hundreds. they changed it.

1 hour ago, Nattia said:

it used to be 6 channels with few ppl,now its max 3 with hundreds. they changed it.

Just 2 days ago there were 4 chanels. A couple weekends ago there were 5 chanels, at least on my server. And OP is talking about how there are 8 chanels on his server.
What changed is the amount of people that play and do ssp. In case you havent noticed for the last 2 weeks Soulstones dropped form 30s+ each to around 20s each, and on top of that the hongmoon pouches you get from challenge have a high chance of getting you soulstones, so im not suprised less and less people are doing it.

Archived