Please sign this thread if you feel they falsely advertised the game and if you suffer from the BOT situation.

reilo5

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, Dracconus said:

omg for the last time.  
WHEN YOU ACCEPTED THE EULA YOU FORFEITTED ALL RIGHT TO SUE IN COURT...

READ WHAT YOU AGREE TO, ESPECIALLY WHEN YOU ARE GOING TO TRY TO USE THAT IN A SUIT.

SEESECTION 14 ARTICLE B...READ IT!

I believe if u are forced to sigh eula before even playing game or have info about game given out its still foul play that can be sued not to mention bait and switch transmute that is illegal......

I don't believe NCSoft really care that the game is overrun with bots and gold sellers. I don't believe they care that I get about 30 to 50 friends requests from gold sellers that I can't seem to block. It feels more like a cash grab on their part than anything. I think this has been an issue with pretty much every NCSoft game I've played. I wonder if they aren't behind the gold sellers.

I haven't seen a peep out of anyone saying they even want to stop the bots and gold sellers. I'm waiting for them to sell a bot program on the cash shop.

2 minutes ago, Takao said:

I believe if u are forced to sigh eula before even playing game or have info about game given out its still foul play that can be sued not to mention bait and switch transmute that is illegal......

Bait and switch is nothing like what you're claiming.  
The ONLY reason that you'd be able to sue for that is because they claim you have access to a certain element that you don't which I won't mention.  If you're not smart enough to find it, then that's not my problem.

As for signing the EULA and TOS before playing.  Have you EVER played an MMO, Online FPS, MOBA, or any other fairly popular genre of online game?  They all do that.  Have fun suing every game developer that makes online games.

God, you guys are really winning the internet today, aren't you?

6 minutes ago, Takao said:

It's not foul play at all. Saying "this is what we're providing and this is what you're agreeing to" is perfectly permitted and reasonable in any course of action. You do not have to sign it. But you chose to because you wanted to play the game.

2 minutes ago, Meliran said:

It's not foul play at all. Saying "this is what we're providing and this is what you're agreeing to" is perfectly permitted and reasonable in any course of action. You do not have to sign it. But you chose to because you wanted to play the game.

Last time I checked bots, and hacks didn't stop anyone from playing the game.  They're just complaining because they THINK that it's some simple fix even though MUCH larger game development companies and publishers have spent a possible combined total of nearly a trillion dollars trying to stop bots.  
STILL HASN'T HAPPENED.

1 minute ago, Dracconus said:

Last time I checked bots, and hacks didn't stop anyone from playing the game.  They're just complaining because they THINK that it's some simple fix even though MUCH larger game development companies and publishers have spent a possible combined total of nearly a trillion dollars trying to stop bots.  
STILL HASN'T HAPPENED.

Yep. And unfortunately, human nature is even worse. Because the most effective method of getting rid of bots would be giving players the ability to debuff others by reporting them. Something like 5 bot reports and they will automatically have 1 AP and 1 HP and are unable to queue for arenas until they talk to a NPC and enter in their security code with their mouse.

However, if something like that was implemented, there would be trolls running around and debuffing everyone. Because humans are a fickle and pitiful race.

6 minutes ago, Thoron said:

Ur acting like ncsoft has not been sued before......newsflash it's happened quite a bit. The precedent is there.

I also belive quite a few of them where settled outside of court.

You got links for NCSoft being sued and settling out of court by players who feel they were defrauded by playing a free game?

2 minutes ago, Meliran said:

Yep. And unfortunately, human nature is even worse. Because the most effective method of getting rid of bots would be giving players the ability to debuff others by reporting them. Something like 5 bot reports and they will automatically have 1 AP and 1 HP and are unable to queue for arenas until they talk to a NPC and enter in their security code with their mouse.

However, if something like that was implemented, there would be trolls running around and debuffing everyone. Because humans are a fickle and pitiful race.

It would definitely be abused.

30 minutes ago, Dracconus said:

Their location isn't going to matter when the bots are reading the memory addresses on your ram that are TELLING the bot where the damn mob IS.
You can not use image recognition to detect something as pixel-complex as a freaking npc or you'd have destroyer bots spinning at the entrance the entire day.
Dear GOD...does anyone even do research before they assume something is "a quick fix" anymore?
Blizzard has an entire 10 thousand square foot room with over 50 employees 24 hour manning computers that put the NSA's to a throat at throat contest and THEY still have bots, AND HACKS...

I redirect you to the post RIGHT ABOVE YOURS since you can't read...

Here we go, again.

Look. Why don't you send in your resume to them and fling caps lock at their faces? I didn't put the bots in the game, neither did its general fan base. Since only people like you seem to be capable of destroying something as recreational as a video game for pure monetary gain then you're right maybe you guys should clean your own vomit instead of having others throw abstractions all over the place just to get their head bitten off by someone with a stuck caps lock.

Bots are a natural occurrence in any game, as is gold selling. Even Tera I remember some instances of botting and gold selling, though they have a very active GM team there. Only time it doesn't happen is when transfer of money and items are not allowed (ie, Skyforge), at which point there is still advertisements for power levelling.

The thing I DO have a problem with are NCSoft's priorities. There are still some pretty embarrassing bugs (for instance, the korean dialogue in the credits, there's a story quest that says "MISSION TITLE" in the cinderlands, the quests sometimes say the wrong objective (for instance, speak with a person at bleachbone outpost when you're supposed to kill Tahyong), and the /say chat from NPCs often uses korean names.) Bots are a problem. The chat and marketplace crash at least once a week. But they instead focus on character profile pictures, which weren't really harming anyone.

9 minutes ago, triplethreat said:

You got links for NCSoft being sued and settling out of court by players who feel they were defrauded by playing a free game?

No, only one I can see is a Korean women who tried to sue and the court threw it out due to lack of evidence, and not due to the ToS.

However she did  bring it to court. That's my main point. 

I'm not encouraging and of this, I just find it interesting that it made it that for even after accepting the TOS ikna free to play game.

Here is the said link : http://2p.com/39817257_1/Lineage-Player-Sued-NCsoft-for-Losing-a-26265-Worth-Equipment-by-cindyhio.htm

43 minutes ago, Dracconus said:

Blizzard has an entire 10 thousand square foot room with over 50 employees 24 hour manning computers that put the NSA's to a throat at throat contest and THEY still have bots, AND HACKS...

Really? When do they sleep and eat and all the other jazz?

By the way, 10'000 foot square is almost a kilometre squared. Somehow, I seriously doubt it....

8 minutes ago, KaLnoX said:

Here we go, again.

Look. Why don't you send in your resume to them and fling caps lock at their faces? I didn't put the bots in the game, neither did its general fan base. Since only people like you seem to be capable of destroying something as recreational as a video game for pure monetary gain then you're right maybe you guys should clean your own vomit instead of having others throw abstractions all over the place just to get their head bitten off by someone with a stuck caps lock.

First off you stuck up little snot nosed prick.  I've never touched NCSoft's games or ANY other online game's surface with anything except legitimate gameplay except for Vindictus, which i have no problem admitting because a simple google search of my name would show that anyways.

Second, I have no reason to send them my resume.  I'm VERY gainfully employed, and quite happy with my current employment situation.

Thirdly, I've assisted them in a LOT of ways already, and my caps lock isn't "stuck on" it's called emphasis, to direct a sense of inflection which text generally doesn't do.  

If you have a problem with one of (as far as I can tell) the only people that's actually submitting code, and helpful ideas to them to fix the problem you're complaining about then let me know and I'll GLADLY stop, and let this problem continue to get worse.

I know most of the communities of developers that are making these.  I'm taking risks just to enjoy this game so don't go giving me shit because you have NO clue what it is like to keep your system out of the hands of advanced teams of hackers.  McAfee doesn't protect against the type of people I could have, and probably have already pissed off by giving NCSoft what information I have behind closed doors, so I'd suggest you just sit there in the cush little chair mommy bought you and zip it.

Furthermore, perhaps you should look into expanding your resume instead of concerning yourself with what mine looks like.  It's not my fault, nor is it theirs that you can't make a game you enjoy playing and leave them be.

@Taemek

It's called working shifts.  People do that, you know.  What I'm saying is the system is manned 24 hours.  being sardonic isn't going to get you anywhere in life so give that fight up.

3 minutes ago, Taemek said:

Really? When do they sleep and eat and all the other jazz?

By the way, 10'000 foot square is almost a kilometre squared. Somehow, I seriously doubt it....

10,000 square foot, assuming a square room, is equivalent to a 100x100 room. This is equivalent to 30.48m x 30.48m. Nowhere near a kilometer.

4 minutes ago, Dracconus said:

-snip-

If you have a problem with one of (as far as I can tell) the only people that's actually submitting code, and helpful ideas to them to fix the problem you're complaining about then let me know and I'll GLADLY stop, and let this problem continue to get worse.

--snip--

I'd love to see you try but your ego wont let you.

Here we go again.

CDAmypc.png

Now I'm not white knighting nor happy with the bots, but...

"Ncsoft is not bringing what they offer on their product.

The product info clearly states that you play with real people not bots.

They clearly advertise Arena and PvP as a real person to person interactive experience, not bots.

They also don't mention anything about bots when advertising Dungeons." - OP

Yeah ignoring the bots and finding ways to avoid them doesn't really bring out the fact that bots exist but, hundreds of people are doing that in game and they're having fun.

NCSoft already responded on the first few threads about the bots and they said they're already and still trying to do something about them.

Creating another cringe thread doesn't make a difference.

IF and only IF NCSoft is not profiting when bots are around, don't you think they're going to do their best to get rid of it? 

Have a little patience.

Have a little appreciation that a game like this exist for FREE.

If you can't find a way to enjoy the game, that means you don't like the game. Because if you really like the game, you'll enjoy it no matter what.

Just now, PenguinsFly said:

Here we go again.

CDAmypc.png

Now I'm not white knighting nor happy with the bots, but...

"Ncsoft is not bringing what they offer on their product.

The product info clearly states that you play with real people not bots.

They clearly advertise Arena and PvP as a real person to person interactive experience, not bots.

They also don't mention anything about bots when advertising Dungeons." - OP

Yeah ignoring the bots and finding ways to avoid them doesn't really bring out the fact that bots exist but, hundreds of people are doing that in game and they're having fun.

NCSoft already responded on the first few threads about the bots and they said they're already and still trying to do something about them.

Creating another cringe thread doesn't make a difference.

IF NCSoft is not profiting when bots are around, don't you think they're going to do their best to get rid of it? (only if they're not profiting with the gold selling companies)

Have a little appreciation that a game like this exist and it's free.

Have a little patience.

If you can't find a way to enjoy the game, that means you don't like the game. Because if you really like the game, you'll enjoy it no matter what.

+1 to THIS!
If you have such a huge problem with the game the solution is simple.  Leave, then they as a company will realize what they need to do IF that is, you make a large enough impact by doing so. 

Archived