What the hell to do vs BM in arena..

SoWutBruh

i just cant..   i run with 4 points in to snowball.. but then he just iframes trough all of my dmg... i cant do anything.. and he can do 80% of my hp while my escapes are down from blocking his engage.. i just cant.. even if  i F retreat.. nothing i can do against another kd.. 

im not great at pvp but i do have some tips.

-you can force grab them if they keep blocking + firewall

-warding swords- i just freeze them with ice v. waste their skill

-if the snowball missed, use ice z

-keep trying to freeze then move behind him and spam away

again im not pro :P i can win with a 40% chance aginst bm.

On 3/19/2016 at 7:18 AM, FluffBall said:

im not great at pvp but i do have some tips.

-you can force grab them if they keep blocking + firewall

-warding swords- i just freeze them with ice v. waste their skill

-if the snowball missed, use ice z

-keep trying to freeze then move behind him and spam away

again im not pro :P i can win with a 40% chance aginst bm.

whenever you face a BM, you're already at a disadvantage, accept that fact already. the main goal here is to outplay them and limit the hits they land on you. have snowball specced to stop stun, ice coil at 3. grabbing and drain is a ice wait to start a combo, just don't hesitate or you'll get knocked back, when they become resistent to all range, just either freeze them with v or yourself, i would prefer myself because frost prison has a cast a time. when it comes to distance, your Q,E, back step are super important because they'll help you create distance between you and the BM. main thing you DON'T want to do is mindlessly shoot because then you trigger their stun and they'll close in on you. Spec ice fury for penetration as well.

3 hours ago, PCComet said:

whenever you face a BM, you're already at a disadvantage, accept that fact already. the main goal here is to outplay them and limit the hits they land on you. have snowball specced to stop stun, ice coil at 3. grabbing and drain is a ice wait to start a combo, just don't hesitate or you'll get knocked back, when they become resistent to all range, just either freeze them with v or yourself, i would prefer myself because frost prison has a cast a time. when it comes to distance, your Q,E, back step are super important because they'll help you create distance between you and the BM. main thing you DON'T want to do is mindlessly shoot because then you trigger their stun and they'll close in on you. Spec ice fury for penetration as well.

Pretty much this^
But in my opinion you should be fairly close to the BM. I love to be near a BM, not too near, but under 10m at least because I can make some good outplays utilizing Q and E moving behind him, hitting him with a frost palm and again and then start a combo. Or the Q/E into glacial beam, which will mostly blow their escape instantly, as I have seen so far. I think that your Q and E are the key to outplaying. Regarding mind games... Many BM's will instantly turn around having their block ready, so you can be one step ahead and prepare your snowball to disable their block, works pretty often for me.

-Ra9eQuit

Today I had one...first fight I surpriced him opening with stun and full agro...I wond....second he just played like retard full defensive and...he win...thrid the same...conclusion? IF BM want to play defensive and just throw things at you plus drag,penta slash etc...you cant really do much there...

Faced the same issue here.

The last time I won agains BM in plat:
1. When he going offensive cast Divine Veil stage 1 tier 4, just took the damage and let yourself to be attacked.  Try return fire using single target skill (inferno, rmb/lmb, fire/frost fury) when you can. Wait until he begin to use draw stance (DON'T use your escape while he still not yet begin draw stance)

2. I believe you will be in stunned/knockdown/daze state when he use draw stance, use your tab (stage 2 tier 3) to knockback him

3. This is where you return fire,  when he get backup ONLY cast your snowball (stage 2 tier 4) and hope he block it. If success then you have around 6 sec to roast or freeze him.

4. If it is failed, then start by cast all your area skill (Cold Snap, Meteor, Frost fury Stage 2 tier 3, better not use any rmb/lmb when you do this) and hopefully he took quite damage from them while waiting  your Divine veil cooldown.

5. Back to 1

Of course the real situation is different depends on your enemy behaviour.

Hope it helps.

The longer the match goes, the better it is for you guys.

A couple of things I would like to point out.

You guys have great healing, use it. The longer the game last the better shape you will be in.

Land snowball onto block and you can win the game in that 6 second window. The greater the distance between you and the bm, the easier it will be for him to cancel block / identify what projectile is heading his way. Someone else in this thread suggested not being at max distance and this is good advice. Our gap closers dont care about your max distance, you gain very little from being that far away. 

If a BM uses ss offensively, you have a window to go hyper aggressive. Get behind him (block only works from the front), and pew pew pew.

Most of BMs damage is in draw stance, blocking takes a bm out of draw stance. A BM must be in basic stance to pull you. When a BM blocks one of you skills it gives him access to cyclone, this is a free Iframe / chill removal / Free chi for the BM. BM damage is largely held in check by chi, this is another reason why bm does well in this matchup. We have a lot more chi and that means more damage. 

For the love of GOD, do not panic and tab a parry stun. It last for .5 seconds and is a pain in the ass to deal with but you are not getting killed in that window. ALL of my 100 - 0 FM kills have come off of parry stun tabs and this is in Platinum. 

To recap:

Landing Snowball is a win condition

Getting behind a BM without ss is a win condition. 

Honestly, you should still lose much more than you win but you will most likely win a lot more than you do now if you try this advice. I also would not let it bother you that BM counters you so much, basically all of the other classes do that to BM. Your fight vs BM is much easier than the Bm fight vs Summoner, Assassin and Warlock. Below diamond there is no reason you cant win at least 40% of the time in this match up, if you play better than the BM. When you get to diamond you are basically fcked (or so I am told, I would not know) vs BM. If you can win vs your hard counter 40% of the time in arena you will rise very quickly. 

I would wish you guys luck, but it is really nice actually being able to beat one class consistently. 

Archived