SoulFighta

Ambition

Unlike Warlock where i can find videos going through each of his abilities, soulfighter lacks alot of info.

anyone here who has tried it on another server/region and can tell me how this class works what role he forfills? i heard he was kinda bad for pve and good for pve, care to explain why?

im a pve kinda guy so.... any info is welcome ^_^

pros/con?

I'm also looking for info about it, but the class was released at dec 2015 so there's not too much to look into it, maybe on youtube you can find some gameplays about it, but finding proper guides and so its a bit hard still :(

Well i just wanna know its strengths and weaknesses, i dont understand how a class can be good at pvp and bad at pve, since dmg cant be the problem then, and also what does a soul fighter add to a party, mainly tank or?

Its high DPS class, its a mix of KFM + FM, I dont know the exact rotation at PvE, but for what i saw it does massive damage in a short time just like FM but combined with KFM stuff + lets be honest the animations on it are sick :)

It really doesn't matter if it deals low or high DPS. I already tested it in TW server, the DPS is pretty good, but anyway, what it matters is that it is EXTREMELY FUN to play. Most fun class I've played by far. Now I feel bored when I play any of my characters in EU server :(. I'm really hyped for soulfighter.

1 hour ago, Marronero said:

It really doesn't matter if it deals low or high DPS. I already tested it in TW server, the DPS is pretty good, but anyway, what it matters is that it is EXTREMELY FUN to play. Most fun class I've played by far. Now I feel bored when I play any of my characters in EU server :(. I'm really hyped for soulfighter.

exactly thats whats i wanna play it i love the playstyle so versatile, but is it true that its kinda bad for pve ifso, why?

24 minutes ago, Ambition said:

exactly thats whats i wanna play it i love the playstyle so versatile, but is it true that its kinda bad for pve ifso, why?

People like to talk about everything, even if they don't know what they are talking about. It's also said that KFM is useless for PvE, and it deals insane damage if you know your rotations. Same goes for soulfighter, mine in TW deals very good damage, and can solo bosses pretty nicely with the 6 i-frames. 

I have a lvl 50 SF, it seems that it's gear, hm skill, and hm level dependent. The only problem I see on the PvE side is that they bring less utility than other classes. With the difficulty and gear/dps checks on some of the act 7 purple dungeons, SF doesn't really fit into any 4m group. It's not that the dps is bad it just doesn't fit in any 4m group comp. With the right elemental accessories, HM skills, and HM levels they can keep up with other classes. On the other hand, 6m is a different story.  But this is also based on ACT 7 pve.  I can't speak for anything prior to that due to everyone being pretty much over geared for act 6 and below.

Idk when we are getting SF, but hopefully we'll have a few balance patches in favor of SF PvE utility when we get to the diffucult PvE.

Also Mushin Tower is a joke with SF and the amount of mobility, I-frames, and damage output.  I started playing it, took it to 50, then contemplated on not coming back to NA until NCWest gives us this class.

1 hour ago, epdakka said:

I have a lvl 50 SF, it seems that it's gear, hm skill, and hm level dependent. The only problem I see on the PvE side is that they bring less utility than other classes. With the difficulty and gear/dps checks on some of the act 7 purple dungeons, SF doesn't really fit into any 4m group. It's not that the dps is bad it just doesn't fit in any 4m group comp. With the right elemental accessories, HM skills, and HM levels they can keep up with other classes. On the other hand, 6m is a different story.  But this is also based on ACT 7 pve.  I can't speak for anything prior to that due to everyone being pretty much over geared for act 6 and below.

Idk when we are getting SF, but hopefully we'll have a few balance patches in favor of SF PvE utility when we get to the diffucult PvE.

Also Mushin Tower is a joke with SF and the amount of mobility, I-frames, and damage output.  I started playing it, took it to 50, then contemplated on not coming back to NA until NCWest gives us this class.

Ah i see, since im gathering gems atm already for release, which one would you recommend the yellow extra dmg on stun/cc one? or the immune  on evasion + crit one? seeing he has so many dashes? all of those ''escape'' dashes proc evasion right? thanks

apart from the dmg + lack of utility, are you enjoying the class? :)

9 hours ago, Ambition said:

Ah i see, since im gathering gems atm already for release, which one would you recommend the yellow extra dmg on stun/cc one? or the immune  on evasion + crit one? seeing he has so many dashes? all of those ''escape'' dashes proc evasion right? thanks

apart from the dmg + lack of utility, are you enjoying the class? :)

Love the class, which makes me overlook the the whole utility thing.  I still run stuff with a group but I have to be on my toes, especially with a 200+ ping.  As far as gems, prioritize the AP gem and life drain. Maybe additional damage and something else of your preference.  I haven't really played around with completely min/max gems yet.  Still trying to get gear and HM skills/levels.

3 hours ago, Ambition said:

bump Ps : about the HM levels + skills required, which one do you need? in almost all the builds i see on bns tree not a single one has more than 4 points in it ;o

Since the class is still kinda new and less desired, I have yet to see a proper guide with build preferences.  

It's mainly lmb and rmb for HM skills. LMB for if you have a dry streak on crits weave lmb into an azure fist to get an iron shoulder proc to keep up inner stage.  I haven't really had a problem unless i need to disengage from the boss and my range abilities for inner power stacking are on CD. The heavy hitter is RMB.  If you decide to go earth or frost it is a much needed dps increase on either build, but it makes it positional where you need to hit the enemies back for the additional damage or extra full bloom stacks (ice melee). Also Emporer Punch or Cold storm HM skill for additional damage.  So just those 3 but they do make a difference depending on what build.

4 hours ago, epdakka said:

Love the class, which makes me overlook the the whole utility thing.  I still run stuff with a group but I have to be on my toes, especially with a 200+ ping.  As far as gems, prioritize the AP gem and life drain. Maybe additional damage and something else of your preference.  I haven't really played around with completely min/max gems yet.  Still trying to get gear and HM skills/levels.

Since the class is still kinda new and less desired, I have yet to see a proper guide with build preferences.  

It's mainly lmb and rmb for HM skills. LMB for if you have a dry streak on crits weave lmb into an azure fist to get an iron shoulder proc to keep up inner stage.  I haven't really had a problem unless i need to disengage from the boss and my range abilities for inner power stacking are on CD. The heavy hitter is RMB.  If you decide to go earth or frost it is a much needed dps increase on either build, but it makes it positional where you need to hit the enemies back for the additional damage or extra full bloom stacks (ice melee). Also Emporer Punch or Cold storm HM skill for additional damage.  So just those 3 but they do make a difference depending on what build.

Alright, i usually take the life crit gem + AP and ruby gem anyways,

can you tell me if the ''dashes'' proc evasion? or only the ''C'' immunity skill? 

btw, is there any way that you can make an overall solid build, or do you really have to choose between making an earth/ice build which kinda ruins the whole going range into melee class, if you end up having to choose 1 of the 2 anyway, might aswell make a KFM or a FM then, no?

love hearing you talk about it man i can't wait for the class!

10 minutes ago, Ambition said:

Alright, i usually take the life crit gem + AP and ruby gem anyways,

can you tell me if the ''dashes'' proc evasion? or only the ''C'' immunity skill? 

btw, is there any way that you can make an overall solid build, or do you really have to choose between making an earth/ice build which kinda ruins the whole going range into melee class, if you end up having to choose 1 of the 2 anyway, might aswell make a KFM or a FM then, no?

love hearing you talk about it man i can't wait for the class!

The reason for sticking to an earth or ice build is due to elemental accessories.  It just makes life easier, it's not really required unless you go do the endgame stuff that requires min/maxing.  While leveling I never stuck to a build because I enjoyed everything so much I couldn't decide what to use.

https://bnstree.com/SF?build=5006000160310205317031030210503134022270110603108021180321901109023100112002112031110532104125011

This is the non ani-cancel ice build I am currently using. Depending on if I'm grouped or solo, I switch out right blue palm (extra dmg from behind) for the 1 focus cost aoe on the far right.  

The dashes do not proc evasion like KFM they are all i-frame resists, all 7 of them. Q-E-SS in both stances and the C skill.

How the ice build works is by stacking Full bloom. RMB stacks bloom on every hit, when you 2(Flash Punch) you get another F ability called (Gale Kick) that gives 3 stacks. After 10 stacks you get full bloom which allows the use of F (Iron Shoulder) that gives a stack of inner power. Also note that once you are in full bloom and you happen to hit 2, (F) Gale Kick will override Iron Shoulder, but you can still stack bloom during full bloom so stacks aren't wasted.  I tend to use Force Stance when I need to dodge stuff, hence the reason why I have a point in Backstep that puts you in force stance so you don't have to wait for Tab (Stance Shift) to come back up.  You also have Force Stance 2 (Void Blast) and V (Cold Snap) that give a stack of inner power, along with some chi regen.  Once at 5 stacks of inner power you are able to use Martial Stance V (Cold Storm).  Once used it will allow the use of Dragon Blitz for 4 seconds, or in Force stance then use Windstorm. Dragon Blitz has more dps due to it being 1 damage type base off what was used to initiate it.  In the case that you iframe and resist from Martial q-e) or C (Protective Fortitude) you proc F (Blast Punch) Which decreases the CD of Z (Focus Power) by 3 seconds and gives 1 stack of inner power.  Obviously Z instantly gives 5 stacks of inner power, chi regen, and 20% Crit/Crit Dmg.  When grouped I try to stack it with party buffs.  Solo I start the fight with it unless there is a burst phase I need to save it for. I also make sure i try to use blast punch on CD through I-frames.

Earth build is in good too, but I can't play it as well due to high ping for ani-canceling. And the earth skills in force stance look pretty awesome too.  You go from shooting ice balls to a giant laser beam.

1 hour ago, epdakka said:

Earth build is in good too, but I can't play it as well due to high ping for ani-canceling. And the earth skills in force stance look pretty awesome too.  You go from shooting ice balls to a giant laser beam.

The most important thing about this laser beam is that your character basically does the Kamehameha with his hands.

Dont waste your time and gold, class isnt worth it if you're into pve (like all hybrid classes in this game) its super ping reliant just like KFM and has about as much damage as a destroyer. The lack of any party related abilities is its real down fall no buffs, lack of CC and its dps isnt even near comparable to something like Sin/FM/Sum. In KR they are super unpopular for this reason, better to take another class that has CC or buffs. Im thinking about 4 man dungeons here btw not 6 man and lvl 50 challenging content not the baby stuff like 4 BSH.

why do people keep complaining about ping? i have 60ping which is more than enough, also i can only play the same ''class'' for more than a year if i really enjoy it, so i will try it anyway, if it sux for pve well pray for buffs then :p

how often does kr release new patchnotes btw every month or? havnt seen any changes since the release of the class

• 4 weeks later...

I do wonder if this class is PVE material since most replies I read seems to be negative. They do give a few party buffs, based on the skilltree, but is it better than a original FM or KFM? I am not sure, pvp wise they seem to not have a lot of CC compared to other classes but a lot of iframes (like 5sec iframe buff or the 50% extra health for 30 seconds).

Archived