Is Warlock unplayable in PVP before Level 45?

Ra9eQuit

Hey there BnS players,

So I wanted to ask the more experienced or informed Warlock players in this forum, if playing Warlock in PVP before lvl 45 is possible since I tried it against my friend who is a lot worse at the game with my lvl 16 warlock and horribly lost. It seems like it is literally impossible to win until lvl 45 and this would be really annoying for me since I have 7 classes so far on my acc and made it to gold easily with most of them not being lvl 30+ even (Lvl 16 summoner gold was some cheese). I love pvp and would love to play Warlock in PVP but the amount of leveling I have to go through to win even 1 match seems just not right. Okay so far I have won 2 games and lost 1, but in my spar games I just couldnt win even 1 game. 

So I am asking you for help and tips or if my suggestion was right.

Cya in Arena, 

-Ra9eQuit

actually warlock lack defensive skill , quell is not bad but repusive have a cooldown , thing than the other cc has not , spin of BD and parry of BM have one second .

Warlock has no way to heal himself because of nerf .

You have skill who do big damage but the skill rotation is simple , everybody who know how to play will try to stop you .

Thr CD and cast won't help you .

The thrall is stupid even worst than cat summ , you can't control him except Q and E (what make you lose iframe) , and the thrall has a mechanic for use his skill so , he is easy to counter .

Warlock is not bad , but against good player it will be hard to win .

5 hours ago, Sieghlyon said:

actually warlock lack defensive skill , quell is not bad but repusive have a cooldown , thing than the other cc has not , spin of BD and parry of BM have one second .

You have skill who do big damage but the skill rotation is simple , everybody who know how to play will try to stop you .

The thrall is stupid even worst than cat summ , you can't control him except Q and E (what make you lose iframe) , and the thrall has a mechanic for use his skill so , he is easy to counter .

y u gotta say "even worse than vcan sum" like our cat is terrible?

our cat does more thnan half of our dps. #getitrite

I have bad news for you - even at lvl 45 warlock is not exactly rocking the arena. it's the BM of ranged classes, you need A LOT of skill points to be at least somewhat good. I would even go as far as claiming it is underpowered at current patch. 

2 hours ago, Ociz said:

I have bad news for you - even at lvl 45 warlock is not exactly rocking the arena. it's the BM of ranged classes, you need A LOT of skill points to be at least somewhat good. I would even go as far as claiming it is underpowered at current patch. 

while this is half right. You do need most of our HM skills for this class to shine later on. This class was meant for 50 content but we got itt early becuase we begged for it :)

i play gold with my WL since early 30th - usually this doesn't mean a lot regarding of how bad players in lower gold are - but i'm one of those terrible players. i barely manage to not lose gold on my BM, but with WL it's pretty easy, i've only lost to one player so far, and that was a lvl45 WL.

So hold your horses and take you the time you need to understand and learn the potential of the class - i will not stating if it's either overpowered or underpowered until both sides have learned how the WL work (which is pretty different from scummoner or forcemaster)

20 hours ago, Ra9eQuit said:

Hey there BnS players,

So I wanted to ask the more experienced or informed Warlock players in this forum, if playing Warlock in PVP before lvl 45 is possible since I tried it against my friend who is a lot worse at the game with my lvl 16 warlock and horribly lost. It seems like it is literally impossible to win until lvl 45 and this would be really annoying for me since I have 7 classes so far on my acc and made it to gold easily with most of them not being lvl 30+ even (Lvl 16 summoner gold was some cheese). I love pvp and would love to play Warlock in PVP but the amount of leveling I have to go through to win even 1 match seems just not right. Okay so far I have won 2 games and lost 1, but in my spar games I just couldnt win even 1 game. 

So I am asking you for help and tips or if my suggestion was right.

Cya in Arena, 

-Ra9eQuit

This is more of a to inform you, rather than bragging but i started arenas around mid 20s and hit gold on my first day (9-1) and now i just hit 41 only playing a couple hours a day and i'm hovering quite close to plat at 16-3 right now. Honestly without a lot of your defensives plus the ability to reset your burst with your talented time distortion it might be a little harder if you aren't too familiar with the class yet. I played on TW for a year and could never quite get plat cuz of ping but knew the general playstyle back when they were OP

On 3/5/2016 at 6:51 AM, Sieghlyon said:

Warlocks shackle can heal if you spec it also T3 Stage 1, heals for 50% of damage xD. Its not a lot, but every bit helps.

razorwing too but it's very poor , all your skill heal so little .

The most problematic is you have only one escape and that quell can't stop AOE so normally in pvp all class wipe floor with your face.

because all player with use this first for let you burn your escape and if not you will die , don"t count too much on sanctum , it protect of some status but all class than can grab or pull will do this . because of the little area of effect .

Your CC have a CD too long , you can't use this for protect you .

You can tr to hide i the thrall but it's not the best strategy , and thrall except some skill like time distortion is useless in pvp 

17 hours ago, LostxExile said:

Warlocks shackle can heal if you spec it also T3 Stage 1, heals for 50% of damage xD. Its not a lot, but every bit helps.

The only issue with that is that unless you go into Soul Shackles T3 Stage 3 most of the time it will just get blocked/parried so you won't even get the healing. Wingstorm is honestly waay better for healing, if only our crit was higher at 45 though in arena

17 hours ago, Sieghlyon said:

razorwing too but it's very poor , all your skill heal so little .

The most problematic is you have only one escape and that quell can't stop AOE so normally in pvp all class wipe floor with your face.

because all player with use this first for let you burn your escape and if not you will die , don"t count too much on sanctum , it protect of some status but all class than can grab or pull will do this . because of the little area of effect .

Your CC have a CD too long , you can't use this for protect you .

You can tr to hide i the thrall but it's not the best strategy , and thrall except some skill like time distortion is useless in pvp 

Not at all, you have SS, Void Walk, and even gravity well can be like a pseudo-escape. On top of that good use of quell, sanctum, and bastion can actually mitigate or iframe a ton of damage. 

Also you should be using the thrall to los as much as possible. Plus gravity well and the stun on onrush are pretty key. I think you just need more practice with the class honestly. My only issue is for some reason my retreat is often super unresponsive on WL but when i get on my FM it's normal :/

So far in PvP the only big issue ive had is FM, seem like our counter, and then theres the KFM resisting freaking evrything you do to them ( seriously how many iframes do they get... ) then chain stunning you too death.

I almost got platinum, class rank 33 at level 37. I play on like 800x600 shitty window options since I have around 200 ping and play on my i3 notebook, so I hope that tells you something about the class being unplayable.

Actually I only casually get involved in arena with my warlock. Basically only do the dailies. 11 of my 13 matches has been all wins and were before I hit level 45. It's a matter of using your skills right, speccing, and of course knowing how to read your opponent. I've been debating on arenaing more but eh, competitive PvP has never been my interest. I prefer casual/social PvP for fun.

But then again, with all the salty people that play on NA, it's often hilarious watching many reactions and all the terribads that go to low level areas hoping to farm low levels. And of course whine when PvP does happen.

Archived