Bns Not Perfect, but a perfect start.

I could list so many great things about this game, this game out-classes many, in the right light it is the best MMO I have played in a long time. The story feels a little watered down, seeing as there could have been a dialogue system (when you go to click next, it doesn't say next, but it says your characters remark.) but it's still pretty amazing in the right light. Now this isn't why we're here. This is about gameplay, there is a system in place where it allows you to maneuver throughout the game quickly and effectively, you eventually acquire more stamina, run on walls, dive and dash faster. Those are all incredible techniques to be seen in an MMO where the common just feature a move and a list of attack commands, this game branches out further. Well, let's talk about combat. I main an assassin and the maneuverability is quite impressive, I have practiced quite a lot and enjoying it, same for blade dancers and blade masters. Summoners have their cats and they do half the ass kicking on their own. Destroyers aren't so heavily rooted all the time and can pack a punch, still quite speedy in the right hands. That is all great, I am even leaving out a few, but why would I even be mentioning this stuff?

Well it is about this maneuvering system the game has in place for us to play with. That's just what it is currently, something for us to play with. I have never experienced a fight where I needed to utilize it. Some times it gets us from A to B faster, not really though, the stamina bar feels too small compared to the length of the world. The trade off is the developers feel we would be going through the game too quickly if we had an uncapped stamina bar. Well I feel it would be more fair if there was even anything to trade for it, we don't really use it during fights, I just windstride everywhere anyways now that it feels affordable. I do have something to propose that would make it feel fair, having the stamina that is.

Give us access to it during fights. I feel there are too many times to count where I'll jump into a fight, come out unscathed, but my guy seems to be carrying too much weight of the world on his shoudlers. Like he's dragging a couple corpses with him as souvenirs. By the time I feel like I've gotten out of battle stance (save for the dungeones where you just begrudgingly drag those corpses everywhere with you.) a whole bunch of other mobs jump on ya, or barely nick ya putting you in evade stance and messing with your grove. During pvp, there are moments during fights where I feel I could get away, but this dude has me perma stunned with only a sliver of opportunity to break free. If I could just, say, make him chase me like the dog he is and play with him until he gets bored, that would be great. I know what you're thinking "but that isn't how you play the game!" well my friend, I am a firm believer of living to fight another day, and if I can utilize my skill and expertise in evading and escapes. That's all I would do all day, that's how I play my games, I am a hoppy mafk, and my instincts tell me if this guy is out-button mashing me, it's time for me to gtfo. "But sir! Where are you going to run to in the arena? You're forced to fight the guy!" Well now I can pull off sick arial kicks and kick people in the face, it doesn't matter if I lose. "But he'll have you stunned all the time because you don't know how to escape a grapple!" Well now I can play keep away with my new skill and look for an opportunity to jump in. "But that's not fair!" Fair? :D Well now there's the attitude, now you have some major breakthroughs to over come just as I with trying to practice my current escapes where my ability to do so is dirt at the moment. That isn't fair but I still have to do it!

I would like to hear your thoughts on this, is this a game mechanic that isn't fine tuned to you? Was there a decision in the design process that someone felt it was necessary to add a 6-7 second delay on when you put your weapon away to begin full mobility again? Did it make the game too laggy? Did they feel the players weren't capable at keeping up with faster skilled players? Maybe so... how ever I heavily agree on the fact that there should be an ability that lets you put away your weapon. This could open up combos, more cancels, and a limitless world of sparring areas and sparring partners to practice with... :) It is my only crutch on the game as it is, and it's a serious issue that can make or break a game for me. The game is just too good for me to keep something like that, but hitting that end level cap... something like that is exactly what I look for to practice. I want to sink some serious time into this game, but something like that is holding me back.

Thanks!

Edit: You know I just thought of something. How about a few dungeons and PVP game modes to test it out? Could be 1v1, 2v2, etc... make events of it so players can test it out.

I like:

I hate:

Worst PvP balance there is in a mmo. I play KFM and I'm no expert but through my experience I can easily see that there is no reward for playing the hardest class. Summoners and FM are too overpowered and require 0 skill compared to classes like KFM and BM/BD . The system it self is very good but the balance is shitttttt and everyone can see it. Even assassins are not so op as summoners/fm. Being matched vs people 20 lvls higher then you is really stupid. Whoever thought of that I believe doesn't play the game.
   Also there is some delay (idk if that's for all) where i can see my button being active for like escape or something and pressing it doesn't work. This essentially consumes time and focus to continue in your pace. I've been in a situations where i see the skill open and i press it like 3-4 times and i just can't move because i didn't press it in the first 0.1 sec i guess .... pretty dumb. KFMs compared to other classes have so low range that you should actually enter inside the other char to hit him with basic attacks.  Also what's with the camera freeze when that FM freezes you ... is that an option that can be removed or ? I couldn't fix this one so i'm not really sure. 
   Other then the PvP system I believe this is easily the best mmo I've ever played. I guess i'll just wait for that famous patch where there is more balance between classes and just farm my assss off until then. GL&HF !

I like:

• 1 PvP
  • 2 Dungeons
  • 3 Solo-ability
  • 4 Graphics
  • 5 UI
  • 6 Story

I hate:

• 1 Getting banned for "suspicious activities"
  • 2 Getting banned 2nd time for "suspicious activities"
  • 3 Finding out Razor Synapse is apparently a no-no
  • 4 Badly optimized game
  • 5 No forced PvP maps
  • 6 Bots and spammers.

Dude!! You're so right, maybe that's the reason I can never escape... I have some prestine internet where I live but I don't know some times I'll be like 5 steps out of a circle and I'll still get hit (For PVE bosses.) I think this is a system worth looking into, because then even with a bit lag you'll have a fighting chance. Street Fighter, I know that cancels are a widely accepted fighting technique and help improve every aspect of your abilities when you practice it (at least it did for me.) There are other games which will remain nameless. Who have effectively cut it out entirely instead of embrace it leaving a new skill-gap to be acquired.

I like:

1- Combat
2- PvE
3- Visual design
4- Rewarding PvP system

I dislike: 
1-Bots
2-Ncsofts "priority" to fix things
3-Story
4-Voice acting in general
5-Poor translation
6- Random bans on some innocent people that shows ncsoft uses such a poor way to detect bots and ban them.

I like:

1 - The combat.

2 - The visuals of the game.

3 - The skillsystem thats open to changes however you see fit.

4 - Arena PVP.

5 - The cutscenes that introduce everyone sorta reminds me of borderlands.

6 - The live stream NCsoft does about the patches (would be nice to get forum feed aswell though).

I dislike:

1 - Open world pvp.

2 - Somewhat repetitive quests.

3 - The story it's ok at best. If find it sad to read that the other versions had some different kinds of stories that where actually more intentse/intresting it feels "americanified".  

4 - The easy PVE. Sofar maybe bsh 4 and poh 4 is somewhat intresting, but the rest is simply a grind.

5- The community in general feels very stale. The fact that everybody is constantly hiding chars for preformance and that it looks like a mess when you turn the names on doesn't help. 

6 - Bots, cross-server afk, ogong ss'ers whatever else you can find in this catagory.

like:

• 1 The Game
  • 2 Combat
  • 3 Classess
  • 4 Dungeons
  • 5 Dont consume so many times
  • 6 Cross-server
  • 7 Open world PVP
  • 8 Graphics

I hate:

• ! Optimization
  • 1 Spammers and Bots
  • 2 Not good reward for doing dungeons (and do so many time and game and finaly u need to pay for drop)
  • 3 Small PVE content
  • 4 Useless craft system
  • 5 Arena and reward(zen) is so important

I like:

• 1 drolling over female chars appearance (aka graphics)
  • 2 combat system
  • 3 cross server system
  • 4 boobs

I hate:

• 1 bots and spammers
  • 2 publisher mentality
  • 3 down times in middle of a day for eu
  • 4 the idea that you have to pay for loot

I like:

• 1  KFM
  • 2  Combat system
  • 3  PvP
  • 4  Graphics
  • 5  Music (love the metal battle themes)
  • 6  Story

I hate:

• 1 RNG (but it's the same in every game, I'm just unlucky as f.)
  • 2 Random FPS drops and freezes when the game runs with consistent 60+ FPS
  • 3 The sudden big jump in price to upgrade our gear above True Profane/Infernal accessories
  • 4 Bots
  • 5 Gold spammers
  • 6 Maintenance times for EU

Archived