You can add up to 200 players to your spam list

Fuz

This has gotten out of hand. Every single day I have to manually remove a dozen people from the spam list and add a dozen more.

NCsoft should either:

- Solve the bot problem (unlikely)
- Remove the bot names from the spam list when they get banned (are they?)
- Remove the limit to the spam list

This is so incredibly annoying and infuriating. Every single day I have to go through that chore.

Why do you have to manually remove them when there's a remove all button?

It's not like you'll see the same spammers tomorrow unless you're the only one on your server reporting'em.

That being said, i've never even gotten to 50 blocked spammers yet.

I find it most peculiar that you're capping your list every day ~

So they just increased block list from 50 to 200. Lazy bums thats all. They should do that list SERVERSIDE and every time they autobahn some spammer they should remove that name from list. Those NC soft folks are incompetent. I was wondering why i need to ignore manually some spammers that were spamming for hours.

NCsoft please just add mute (autoignore for spammers) if enough people report them as spammer. I do not know your numbers, but it is that hard to check if account was recently created and got more than 50 spam reports in first minute? Then write top 3 chat lines that were reported to log, and hire some poor sap to read this and just ban their accounts.

Ps. I am currently voting with my wallet, not a penny until NCsoft solves lag, spammers and bot problems.

Not seeing how you fill up your spam list in a day. I barely get 10~15 blocked and takes me about a week to fill it up.

But even then I clean it out every few days and just re-add the few spammers that are still alive.

Where are you guys reading "fill up the whole spam list in a day"?

emove a dozen people from the spam list and add a dozen more a

I don't clean the whole list, that would mean freeing up the old spammers.

3 minutes ago, Fuz said:

Where are you guys reading "fill up the whole spam list in a day"?

Every single day I have to manually remove a dozen people from the spam list and add a dozen more.

This is so incredibly annoying and infuriating. Every single day I have to go through that chore.

Here. Well, why are you doing that if your list isn't filling up?

Wait until your list is actually filled then press "remove all". Of course it's a bandaid, but I haven't gotten even close to filling it up in already a few weeks.

Oh god. Basic reading comprehension...
My list HAS 200 bots on it.
Every day I remove a dozen to make space for the new ones. I don't "remove all", because I don't want old bots to be able to spam me again.
It fills up again incredibly fast.

It's clear now?

• NCSOFT

Hi,

It's likely that most of the bots on your spam list have been removed from the game.

I recommend trying the remove all feature, I just used it on my account and only had 8 spambots to block afterwards.

We realise this isn't an ideal fix, but we are making progress in detecting and removing these bots faster.

6 minutes ago, Fuz said:

Oh god. Basic reading comprehension...
My list HAS 200 bots on it.
Every day I remove a dozen to make space for the new ones. I don't "remove all", because I don't want old bots to be able to spam me again.
It fills up again incredibly fast.

It's clear now?

You shouldn't be afraid to use the "remove all" as it's highly likely that none of them are still there except a few that you have blocked since logging in. That's where the confusion came in, I thought you're keeping your list clean.

1 hour ago, Lock6 said:

Hi,

It's likely that most of the bots on your spam list have been removed from the game.

I recommend trying the remove all feature, I just used it on my account and only had 8 spambots to block afterwards.

We realise this isn't an ideal fix, but we are making progress in detecting and removing these bots faster.

Thank you, I'll use that feature then.

1 hour ago, Enhance said:

You shouldn't be afraid to use the "remove all" as it's highly likely that none of them are still there except a few that you have blocked since logging in. That's where the confusion came in, I thought you're keeping your list clean.

Nope, I just manually delete some to make space.
I'll try to remove all from now on, and see how it works.

52 minutes ago, Lynteresting said:

Its weird that you ever have to manually delete because my spam list never hits over 50, because they get automatically deleted from your spam list once they get banned or deleted

I don't think it works like this. I wouldn't have a full 200 names list if it worked like that (and I know for a fact that I'm not the only one in my server). Hence, my suggestion in the first post.

1 minute ago, Fuz said:

I don't think it works like this. I wouldn't have a full 200 names list if it worked like that (and I know for a fact that I'm not the only one in my server). Hence, my suggestion in the first post.

well thats why i say its weird because as i used in my example ive never gone over 50 total bots on my list, sometimes i log in and 30 bots are just gone off the list.

A few updates ago this was said

A new Spam Block list has been added alongside the regular Block list (F4)

• You can add someone to this block list by using the new “Block spammer” contextual menu

• This will block them but also automatically report them as a spammer

• Unlike the regular block list, this will only block their chat and no other player interactions

• This new block list has 200 slots

• A “Delete All’ button has been added for easy management

• The list will automatically clear itself when you return to the character selection screen

notice the last point.

Archived