Permanent account closure: RMT: Selling

Vyzardo

• Replies 367
  • Created
  • Last Reply
21 minutes ago, NC Elusive said:

I'm sorry that this has happened to you. As someone quoted me from Dojo, being flagged for RMT selling usually means that other players have reported you.

More than likely you have spammed a message over and over, annoying enough people that they reported you for spamming OR that you spammed it enough in a short period of time that it triggered our detection system. It's not one report from one player that causes insta-ban, but there is a threshold that is met before the ban takes place. So, lesson number 1: don't spam your message because it IS annoying. This goes for WTB messages, LFP messages, Clan recruitment messages (outside of the automated messages that LFP and Clan Recruitment post), and anything else that falls under spam category.

Yes, this system also has potential for abuse. There is no perfect system that allows for us to achieve our goals and you to achieve yours. Gold spam was a huge complaint, so we enacted measures to stay on top of it. We'll be doing the same for botting. If it becomes a scenario that the system of reporting is resulting in significant player abuse, we'll re-evaluate and weigh the benefits of having fewer people on a temporary ban ("temporary" because as soon as you submit an appeal, it will get lifted) with more gold spam in the channels.

Finally, some people may have reported you for spamming when you wrote some pretty heinous stuff in Faction/Region chat. It's not spam, per se, but since there's no clear way to report players for inappropriate conduct in the game, there is a possibility that enough people didn't like what you said and submitted a spamming report.

TL;DR: Be a respectable human being online (not annoying, not offensive) so that other ppl won't report you so you won't get a ban.

Can you tell me how many Hours I'll waiting to take my account back?

16 minutes ago, NC Elusive said:

I'm sorry that this has happened to you. As someone quoted me from Dojo, being flagged for RMT selling usually means that other players have reported you.

[...]

Finally, some people may have reported you for spamming when you wrote some pretty heinous stuff in Faction/Region chat. It's not spam, per se, but since there's no clear way to report players for inappropriate conduct in the game, there is a possibility that enough people didn't like what you said and submitted a spamming report.

TL;DR: Be a respectable human being online (not annoying, not offensive) so that other ppl won't report you so you won't get a ban.

I do not doubt that this applies to some of the bans, but I refuse to believe that it applies to all of them. For example, as I wrote in this thread before, I started playing the game this weekend. During the whole time, I have not used any kind of chat besides Party and Whisper. I've used the party board and the associated auto-announcement, but that's it. I assume that I'm not the only one doing so. And I still do not understand why spam would be labeled Goldselling and receive a permanent ban.

I do not want to discuss my specific case here as I have already wrote a mail to support, although have not yet received any sort of reply. But you're essentially pretending that every single ban here was perfectly justified and people could have just avoided them by not doing whatever they are accused of doing. I'm sorry, but I do not believe that, as too many people here, including me, have no bloody idea what they could have possibly done wrong.

Frasercain (Blade and Soul)

Mar 1, 10:10

Hello,

Thank you for contacting NCSOFT. We have reviewed the details of the action. As a result, we have completely removed the action and restored access to the account. We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused. Thank you for your patience as we worked to resolve this matter for you.

Regards,

Frasercain
NCSOFT Support Team

Good luck to the rest of you guys!! 

Hope all works out for you.

5 minutes ago, NanaVanity said:

Frasercain (Blade and Soul)

Mar 1, 10:10

Hello,

Thank you for contacting NCSOFT. We have reviewed the details of the action. As a result, we have completely removed the action and restored access to the account. We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused. Thank you for your patience as we worked to resolve this matter for you.

Regards,

Frasercain
NCSOFT Support Team

Good luck to the rest of you guys!! 

Hope all works out for you.

how many hours waiting to solve your problem?

After a decade of NCWest, I can say with some certainty (based on past experience) the following statements:

There are probably no GMs anywhere in the game, in any server, banning bots or RMT spammers. NCWest will leave it entirely up to automated systems and the player driven report function.

Individual reports or flags probably aren't investigated at all by a real person until after you report that you believe that the ban was in error.

Players will get banned in error, no automated system is foolproof. It's certainly not like any developer can say "No no, that software has zero bugs.", at least not with a straight face.

Send a support message, and of course mention it on the forums. Don't listen to the ignorant people that tell you not to post it here. The forum isn't so NCWest knows, it's so that other players with the same issue know they aren't alone.

I've had level one characters in another NCWest game banned for "third party program usage", when those characters were on a clean account, created just to hold a name, and then later confirmed to have never logged into the game at all. This after weeks of nasty, snarky responses from a support rep about how I was just plain guilty and that I should be ashamed for pretending otherwise. After finally being told to stop contacting support at all, they were going to stop reading my tickets, I ended up using a fax machine for the first time in forever to get the issue resolved. Don't give up.

At least so far I've not seen many negative experiences with BnS support. 

if everyone changed their chat settings to /whisper guild party etc , instead of qqing about the SPAM in the 1st place .... we wouldn't have had this problem now ;) 

if it wasn't the bot spamers , then it would be PEOPLE  wtb/wts/lfg spaming , if it wasn't that it would be ROLEPLAY spaming ..........

i`m not trying to defend ncsoft or anything , but the bns comunity kind of forced them to take fast actions to deal with the situation ,that got us here ....

not that i like the report system , simply because it's like giving a loaded machine gun to a child ... 

ps:

i didn't bother reading all the pages ,.... but i sow somewhere someone posting about "i even used it in arena because i got mad" or something in those lines .........................well ... WTF ? 

yeah yeah , english is not my native language , so i hope u can understand what am trying to say 

So... how are we supposed to play a highly competitive PvP based game without making anyone mad?

Rhetorical question, the answer is quite obvious.

Edit: nowhere did I say, or see anyone else say, that one report equaled an instant ban. It is concerning none-the-less that enough reports added up will result in a ban done without investigation, because of the competitive nature of this game and the fact it is PvP based. Not to mention the fact that not everyone has the best morals, especially within the NA community.

I'm not saying there shouldn't be a report function... but some measures need to be taken to ensure that legitimate players in mass numbers don't get caught up in it. A bunch of people who have said they were banned, did nothing but arena pvp. They didn't talk in chat, weren't rude to people, they just PvP'd. This is a clear sign that a large amount of players don't have the integrity or morality to be trusted with a feature that can be abused for personal vendettas.

1 minute ago, Ngor431 said:

Your request (4701882) has been received and is being reviewed by our support staff.

6 hours nothing happen and I still waiting on they're reponse 

1.Your request (4701857) has been received and is being reviewed by our support staff. .... NOTHING

2.  Your request (4701856) has been received and is being reviewed by our support staff. ... NOTHING

3. Your request (4709656) has been received and is being reviewed by our support staff. ... NOTHING

As you see I send  3 mails and nothing seems in Horizon....I am just waiting!

2 hours ago, Smo said:

So basically, they handed every player a perma ban hammer and decided to trust their discretion 100%?

Yeah who'd have thought people would abuse a report function? Every single human in NA is an angel with perfect morals how could this happen?!

okay seriously though.

If you give players a report function, it should only flag an account to be investigated.

Not flag it to be perma banned and then investigated later when they get emails from that person explaining that they were legit.

What the hell NCSoft. Seriously.

There's people who just go and report every person that makes them mad as a bot or spammer.

Hell I could've pissed off enough people just doing faction pvp and gotten banned for it.

This. SHOULD NOT. HAVE. HAPPENED. AT ALL.

Seriously perma banning should not happen automatically in the first place.
Temp bans yes, But a perma ban on people who have invested not just money, but their emotions and love, into this game should NOT happen without investigating the player. EVER.

I love this game. please don't kill it.

I feel so bad for everyone who was wrongfully banned because of this, I really hope this doesn't mess things up for the game now, and I seriously hope this doesn't stop anyone from playing warlock who was excited for it.

I agree with you and I am very disappointed on NCSoft and person whom ever report me with any good reason. I still waiting 6-7 hours and I haven't done anything wrong at all. So frustrating. I have done daily quests on each day, not even spamming or use nasty program on this game either. SHAME ON NCSoft

2 minutes ago, Ngor431 said:

I agree with you and I am very disappointed on NCSoft and person whom ever report me with any good reason. I still waiting 6-7 hours and I haven't done anything wrong at all. So frustrating. I have done daily quests on each day, not even spamming or use nasty program on this game either. SHAME ON NCSoft

Same story and don`t get any answers from support... 6hours...Nothing

• NCSOFT
1 hour ago, NC Elusive said:

It is concerning that so many people got picked up like this. Could those who got banned for this reason send me a PM with their CS Support Ticket (even if the ban has been overturned) so we can investigate what happened and try to prevent it from happening again.

11 minutes ago, justrandomletters said:

@Ngor431 i feel with you mate, 6-7h to get a Response and now again over 6 or 7h waiting to see if i get my account or can uninstall the game.

Dude I feel so frustrating. I have invest my time and money on my premium account £200 why would I risk it for? 

Honestly? I am sure there is people that got banned being flagged by accident, I am sorry for those, I hope your problem get solved soon and please understand that this might happen while trying to clean so much of the trash we have on the servers, it NEEDS to be done, so be patient until they fix your issue. But I am also sure that MANY others were doing something they KNEW it was not right, call it ogong exploit, call it arena de-ranking call it RTM selling, scamming with gems, bot, hack and many many other reasons.. this pattern of "I got banned but I am innocent" repeats over the years in every single game until the companies lifts their bans and they laugh and do it again. 

One time being flagged by accident might happen, but many times? seriously something's wrong in your account..

"THIS" is exactly what I'm talking about, so yes, I am hoping NCSOFT team keeps a strong hand and uses the logs if they are going to lift the ban of an account.

If you are innocent, then you shouldn't be mad, you should be understanding, patient and even HAPPY that they are actually being active on removing spammers bots and crap.

im sort of mixed in this regards...

i feel honestly all the ban's that happened at best maybe 5% of it was a mistake while the 95% of it was real.  

While its very difficult to tell which of the 5% is real over typed letters, i really dont know how to respond to this thread.  

I know a few who did get ban'd and they were legit players or sort of claimed to be.  

Then i know a guy who claims he never bought or botted gold, yet he's in full pirates gear and our entire guild was like "hmmmmm". 

I am thinking the flag happened because something was done to initate it. 

You just dont get ban'd unless u did something knowingly or unknowingly which flagged the ban. 

An example, would be my friend who hasnt touched his account since day 2 has not gotten a ban.

He just doesnt play this game, because he got majorly turned down by the queue system which we used to have.  

And well his account is still alive. (meaning he has not done anything which would flag the system because he has just hasnt played the game.)

So instead of going "im innocent really" in a thread which is almost impossible to determine who is telling the truth or not, how about...

"This is what i did.. could it be possible this flagged me..."  Type of discussion, because its obvious you guys did SOMETHING... (knowingly illegal or not which flagged you) to get the ban.  So we can learn not to do what u guys did.  

4 minutes ago, Impheatus said:

I don't have a ticket.What can I do ?

26 minutes ago, Impheatus said:

1.Your request (4701857) has been received and is being reviewed by our support staff. .... NOTHING

2.  Your request (4701856) has been received and is being reviewed by our support staff. ... NOTHING

3. Your request (4709656) has been received and is being reviewed by our support staff. ... NOTHING

As you see I send  3 mails and nothing seems in Horizon....I am just waiting!

you just posted 3....., pm NC Elusive those 3

Archived