NCSoft has to set a strong and defined punishment For exploiting early on, stop complaining

fifteenspades

~I made this thread in reddit, but someone mentioned I should post it in official forums also~

This is going to be coming from an Archeage Exploiter, who used every exploit in the book ( underground farming, RNG box glitches, APEX glitch, 300% MS glitch with packs, the 900 dungeon exploits for Serp, Honor exploit, etc ) 

Reasons We Exploited in AA: At first I didn't exploit, but time and time again Trion did nothing to known exploiters at most they got a slap on the wrist saying "Don't do this" and at worst a 3 day temp ban but were still able to keep their exploited goods that gave a massive advantage. After the 15th or so exploit, it was clear Trion wasn't going to do shit, and if you didn't exploit you fell behind while exploiters got off scot free. so we all started abusing exploits 24/7 and as you would expect from a failed publisher, they did nothing about it.

Honor exploit was when Trion finally decided to take a stand to exploiters, and perma banned 60-70% of entire servers for abuse. By then it was too late, majority of player base were either exploiters or left the game.
http://i.imgur.com/1EkbU7Y.jpg ( I am Bluespades in that pic )

-TLDR : Trion did not set a defined line on Exploiting and the consequences of it so majority of playerbase exploited freely without fear.

Current Situation of BnS Banwaves: This is NCSoft's attempt to help control the bot situation / exploiters, they are aggressively going after them and yes some Innocent and "Innocent" players are getting banned but majority are bots/exploiters. 

What to do if you believe you were banned falsely: Due to the aggressive approach from what I can only assume is a "program" going through thousands of lines of logs and flagging "suspicious" items some innocent players are getting banned. If you are truly innocent then you should make a ticket and they will investigate, due to the massive influx of tickets like this it may take longer than you would like. If they reply back "after investigation blah blah still banned" then you should appeal it, if even then they don't un-ban you keep trying ( especially if you use WTFast / Battleping these do NOT break ToS or EULA however JP Voice pack and ReShade / SweetFX do break them still not worthy of perma ban for these two ) 

Why we should accept Margin of error: NCSoft NEEDS to define the line of Exploiting vs Punishment early on for BnS. The punishment NEEDS to be harsh and definitive, to show people.. Hey, stop exploiting. I AM the mindset of an exploiter, if they do not show the consequences here then I would probably continue exploiting cause... who cares about a 3 day temp ban? Do not be swayed by the swath of reddit threads and forum threads crying foul at a false ban, more then likely most of them are justified bans. Trust me, my fellow exploiters and I made these threads after Trion finally took a stand on exploiting claiming we were innocent, clearly we weren't but to us it was funny watching people bandwagon the shit out of "Trion you suck"

-If you disagree with me let me know why in a civilized manner please~ I will do my best to come up with a rebuttal. This is mainly about bans for exploiting, being falsely banned for being a bot is pretty hard to claim. It's black and white if you're a bot or not and easy to tell~ however with that said one of the possible flags for "bot" that could be going off is if you use a VPN.

First: The biggest wave of bans currently is for allegations of goldselling. Not exploits.

Second: The amount of people who have already gotten unbanned for it and thus obviously are innocent or as you might say "innocent enough" can mean one of two things for me: Either NCSoft does not actually exhibit the strong stance you're talking about and unbans people who would deserve a ban, or they have genuinely *cricket*ed up and banned great amounts of completely innocent people. I assume the latter.

They've already taken a stronger stance so far than they did in Aion's entire lifecycle.

Unnnnnnnnnnnnfortunately, their 1st ban wave has been hyper aggressive, and our very vocal echo chamber minority is blowing it out of proportion. I mean, honestly this forum plus reddit is like, 1500 people. Maybe. The problem is, these bans that people are complaining about being falsely accused of, aren't for exploits. They're for RMT. And a solid number of people are getting unbanned. This is expected though, the first iteration of any banwave process is ALWAYS awful. When they implemented their first real RMT combat proactive Banwave in Aion (Circa 2 years into the game) it did this exact same thing, a lot of innocent people got banned. It took them about 2 months to fine tune it and after that you never heard of innocent people getting banned again, but Bots/RMT/Spammers kept disappearing withing 24 hours.

The Hardest bans I ever seen in an MMO was during FFXI. Where Salvage bans completely took out most the upper players. Do I expect the same to happen here? No. Do I hope they do? Yes, if those players participated only.

Archived