Permanent account closure: RMT: Selling

Vyzardo

sup. 

Starting today, I really have to question the functionality of the 'auto bot ban system' that NCSoft is using. 

As you can see from the title, my account has been locked - again. For RMT: Selling. Which is ridiculous

I didn't even send a mail with gold/items to another in a few weeks. I haven't even sold anything on the marketplace since a few days ago. 

So how can it be that I'm supposedly selling gold? Really? I was just doing my dailies, disconnected from the server, boom - account locked. 

For what reason? This is getting really ridiculous. Am I the only one getting locked? 

I mean, I didn't sell anything on the marketplace, I didn't send any mails, I didn't spam, I didn't insult anyone, I didn't use the clan recruitment thingy (I'm not even in a clan..). 

Did someone just flag me as a spammer/bot and I got locked? Or what is happening? Please fix this shit. 

Sincerely, an angry customer. 

PS: I'm obviously posting from a second account, since my main is, well, locked.. 

• Replies 367
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You've probably been using a VPN/Proxy, which are also being heavily used by gold farmers. So you should firstly stop using them and then secondly make a ticket to the support team, as posting about this on the forums doesn't help you get back onto the account any quicker.

I'm not using a VPN/Proxy, and of course I send an eMail to the support. Again. I'm just infuriated because I got locked for no reason and wanted to ask if I'm the only one getting locked for no reason.

Well there are chances you could have been hit by the ban wave by mistake.

However; the systems involved do check over these kind of things. So if you have been caught cheating/selling gold/buying gold, then you deserve the ban. So just be patient and wait for the response from their support team.

I also just received a perma-ban for the very same reason. the thing is i farm faction daily soulstones with my lvl 45 FM on my second account and only send those to my main account. i can play FM the best for farming that stuff but did not want to have a second FM on my main account because i want to have other classes there too. but since i own both accounts and they run on the same ip i send them enough evidence (screenshots from both email accounts) so they can probably deal with it easily. i submitted a ticket from both my main and second account with the same text and evidence. so that should help them to clarify. Now it's time to wait for their response :)

Have u accepted ANy of the Coppers Sent via the Goldsellers Mailing to prevent you deleting it?... cause if u accept the copper ur Screwed. its Weird that so many are getting banned for as they claim 0 reasons..

wow is that also a thing? goldsellers sending emails with money attached to prevent deleting? gladly never got one of those. my reasons are at first glance of course suspicious, but luckily i have evidence to confirm both accounts belonging to me and only sending items between them.

Hello,

So apparently my main account was banned Reason:RMT:Selling . 

Since i am on vacation, i woke up and tried to log in and i saw this. I have no idea why i got banned. I have never sold any gold ( only through the currency exchange). I am a honest player and I invest actual money into the game. Already spent 40-60 euros. I am Lithuanian and i have never used any proxy/vpn stuff or macros. I am not abusing any bugs or so whatsoever. So i have the question. What the hell? 

EDIT: This is my other account that i don't really use, turned out it is really useful now :/

4 minutes ago, news757 said:

Strange all of y'all that get ban play the innocent role hmmm.

It's a mistake ncsoft has done in the past.

Probably some kind of auto-banning for the bots that went terribly wrong.

1 minute ago, Simuxas said:

Well i truly have not done anything wrong. I come online with few of my friends we do dailies and that is all. I don't know how can i prove it, i have no screenshots or anything. 

I got banned as well for the same reason.

this is the mail i got from ncsoft

Hello,
This message is to let you know that the NC account registered to this email address
and all associated game accounts have been permanently banned from our service

Details of the reason the ban can be found below:
Account: ******************
Account action: Permanent Closure
Reason: RMT: Selling
If you would like to appeal this ban,
please send us an email directly from this email address to support@ncsoft.com
Regards,
The NCSOFT Team

I was sleeping at the time and did NOTHING wrong, especially the reason it states.

I see on other threads on this forum that alot of people got banned at around the same time and for the same reason.

Probably some kind of automated banning system for bots that went terribly wrong.

I hope they can fix this in time, dont want to lose days of playing time just because of this

I noticed alot of people got banned this morning at around the same time and for the same reason so i m creating this thread.

Last night i had trouble logging in the forums with my main account because of some known bug that happens to alot of people, so I decided to send an email to support to get some help.

had a few replies with ncsoft and then i went to sleep.

Today I woke up to see this:

Hello,
This message is to let you know that the NC account registered to this email address
and all associated game accounts have been permanently banned from our service

Details of the reason the ban can be found below:
Account: ****************
Account action: Permanent Closure
Reason: RMT: Selling
If you would like to appeal this ban,
please send us an email directly from this email address to support@ncsoft.com
Regards,
The NCSOFT Team

First of all this is unacceptable. Auto-banning this amount of people(and I think there are lot more than those posting on the forums) without investigating is just terrible. NCsoft did this kind of thing in the past on Aion as well. I dont know why they keep doing it.

I'm pretty sure its some kind of automated system to ban gold sellers and bots. The algorithm for this must be terrible. I didnt even trade with anyone for several days, and yesterday i only used the market to buy materials to craft moonstones.

I appealed on the mail given but i have a feeling this is going to take alot of time...

If you were banned for the same reason please feel free to post on this thread, ncsoft might get our attention and fix their mistake.

I was one of the people that got banned as well, had to create a new account in order to write here on the forums, I just dont know what to do.

Since the game started with the report system of bots, I have reported over 300 gold spammers in order to help clean up, and now I find myself banned from the game

and in 8 years of mmo gaming I never been banned for anything

and for people saying dont post it on the forums, ofcouse we need to do that. Ncsoft needs to fix so honest players dont get banned for something they didnt do, and seeing that so many being banned on the same time, looks to me that its just a auto banner, that means, if some one in the game goes on a rampage, they could just get everyone instant banned since its not real people looking at the report.

Archived