Damage

BigDingus

Is it just me or does KFM's damage just seem lackluster compared to most other classes?

It's one of the hardest class to play and it feels so unrewarding compared to easy classes like Destroyer and Summoner. Most other classes seem to be dealing much more damage than I do no matter the occasion, will KFM get any buffs later on/ 

Well in PvE you'll still be wanted in parties for tanking - as the content gets harder you're basically guaranteed a spot on a team. I think over the years the Devs justified the lack of damage (in pve) by giving KFM a lot of of methods to tank / buff parties.

KFM DPS is fine for now.

Learn to 2rf (ani cancel wind, not fire) perfectly, stack SP and go ham.

Wait until we catch up to KR, we are going to be *cricket*ed in terms of DPS (bottom tier DPS, but still #1 tank).

15 hours ago, kle205 said:

What do you mean ? in PvE or PvP ?, if PVE, then it's probably your build and gear and your build, if you like, I would like to share my build with you.

PVE

7 hours ago, Hoopla said:

KFM DPS is fine for now.

Learn to 2rf (ani cancel wind, not fire) perfectly, stack SP and go ham.

Wait until we catch up to KR, we are going to be *cricket*ed in terms of DPS (bottom tier DPS, but still #1 tank).

So KFM is going to have the lowest DPS once we catch up? Gonna ruin KFM for me.

• 3 weeks later...
On ‎01‎/‎03‎/‎2016 at 11:30 PM, BigDingus said:

PVE

So KFM is going to have the lowest DPS once we catch up? Gonna ruin KFM for me.

your not a DPS Class.. ur a Tank.. u have no DPS option and u'll never be allowed to DPS In any organised group, even in random unless another BM or KFM is there you will still have to tank..

this is why I don't roll a KFM, even tho I like the capabilities of it, I don't want to be forced into a tanking roll, specially with the dungeon difficulties raising in the new expansion limiting the KFM to tanking even further, Why play a tank to be a DPS.. this would be like Effectively Rolling a Lancer in tera Expecting to play like a Assassin, in any game, in top Content, the tanks do not deal huge DPS In comparison to those of that role, the game does have a role even if a Pure trinity system does no exist.

the idea of no trinity, only really goes as far as to say this game has 0 Dedicated healers, however, fulfilled by Support DPS, tank is Still very much required and Purely chosen, the difference is u have no option out of it.. ur a KFM ur a tank.ur class as a Entire Concept is a tank. same with BM.

thus why I chose BD/FM over KFM/BM. to be a DPS and Not a tank :P

I'm unsure, weather you didn't research before creating a char, and just ran in believing this game had no tanks and everyone was a DPS, or if u just are playing it under the Want to force it into a DPS Category, but u're better off Just rerolling now if its a DPS Class ur wanting.

I mean not to seem too blunt, but those are the facts tbh, ur damage drops because KFM is more and More emphasised as the Tank, the game wants a Serious PvE systems aswell as a PvP only way to really have that is to designate these roles out... KFM/BM Tank FM/Sin Primary DPS. WL/BD Support DPS SMN Healer.

Just for the more comprehensive picture - there are other opinions out there.

If you do not let a pocket calculator make your class decisions for you, there's no reason why you cannot play the KFM as a damage dealer. I have seen most of the classes in game successfully take a tanking role, no one should need to force you.
And a KFM is well suited to deal loads of damage and in synergy with the party as well, including but not limited to Fighting Spirit.

Sure, some other classes might have damage capacity that caps 50% higher than a KFM's, but what is that in the general picture? Having a class that is maximal in defence as well as offence seems idiotic in terms of balance.

Rather than for some imaginary party role, KFM should be valued for their style!
Theirs is a reactive and situational combat that requires fast reactions to exploit temporary weaknesses and turns defence into offence within a heartbeat, while straining the tactical mind to the extremes by requiring you to build up combat resources like the pressure points.

I absolutely love the class, and if I often take a tanking role then that is mostly due to the fact that a melee has the easiest time to deal damage when the opponent is on him, and not some jumping/kiting forcemaster. ^_^

Oh and by the way I am convinced the prevalence of one-person-one-tank groups in Blade and Soul is not because it is optimal but because it is more convenient for the lazy people. The best tanking style for B&S will most often be a round-robin between several tanks.
But if people are so impatient they cannot even sit down and discuss strategy before a raid... *misses the good old Lineage II days*

Archived